Forums > Meet Others > Draghkyre (Mr_JEdLy) and Natasqi's Trip round Africa and Mauritius

Login/Join to Participate

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Hey All.

It's a way off, but it always helps to be organised!

Jedly and I are off for >3months on our holidays.

It involves flying from Perth to Mauritius, then to Nairobi where we will join a Kumuka tour for 63 days.
At the end of this we'll be spending three days in Cape Town before flying back to Mauritius.

Dates for catching up with other spinners so far are
so 8th-13th Dec in Mauritius
11-15th Feb in Cape Town (this is due to flight changes so we really have nothing planned)
16-17th Feb in Mauritius

ReivaX has already been really helpful about Mauritius! :hugs:

So if you are in these areas, wanna catch up, or can even give handy hints about travel (I have to admit, I'm slightly scared about Africa...) then I'd love to know!
Or maybe your travel paths even cross ours!

[image]https://www.kumuka.com/Dossier.aspx?TourId=AF21[/image]

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Sounds good.

Will not be able to meet you sadly, am a good few hours from Cape Town. Also can not really tell you more about what is happening on the spinning scene there. Sorry.

And Africa is a very general term and some places are worse than others. You should be fine.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
Hi natasqi

There is a regular meet every Wednesday night at "Roots" (local bar/club) in Observatory. There is a really nice sheltered beach called "Clifton 2nd". If the weather looks good, I'm sure we can organise an evening of spinning on the beach.

Come on now, why are you scared of Africarolleyes You will not forget your trip here, and I mean that in a positive sense! If you need advice, or if anything is bothering you, Feel free to send me a PM smile

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
*bump*

let me know if your plans change at all guys. Ill be heading down to cape town over xmas new year - but will happily pop over mid feb again if your guys will be there smile

Africas not too scary - different yes - but youll notice some things are exactly the same. for instance - the emos have the same hairstyles wink

hug

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Plane has slightly changed.. Now we're going straight to Nairobi on Dec 13th.. Tour finishes on Feb 13th and we stay in Cape Town til the 19th then to Mauritous.
Then back to Perth on the 24th.

So time in Cape town, Feb 13th-19th.
Is there 6 days of stuff to do in Cape Town?

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
definitely! i havent been there yet - but have been doing a fair bit of research and talking to heaps of people - and i can guarantee therell be no shortage of things to.

after i head down for new years ill send you some suggestions smile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.