pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I have a question about the flower competition. In the rules it says that you must have taken the photo yourself. I have a pic I'd like to enter, however, my Dad took it, not me (I directed it by telling him when to open and close the shutter). Can I enter this myself, or do I have to ask him to create his own account, and then enter it himself (which would seem a little bit pointless, as if on the offchance it did win, he would give the prize to me as he doesn't do any poi, and it would basically be the same as me entering it).

Thanks.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
I think that meen that the flower suppose to be done by you
and that is expected that the photo is done by someone else.

Isn't the 'photo of yourself'?

maybe,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Thank-you for your help! (Its me in the photo, so that one's not a problem!)

And thanks for all the competitions you've been putting on of late, really like them smile

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Do we have to do flowers with 2 poi? Cause it's easier to use 1 poi and get a cleaner photo... is there a rule about this?

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
no rule about that currently... ubbrollsmile

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
 Written by :rules

Entries must be submitted in digital format. Entry file size limit <6MB.
One entry per person. No Photoshop editing allowed. You must have taken the photo yourself.

Is editing the photo allowed for cropping and resizing? Photos from my camera come out at about 8MB y'see - I'm assuming I can play with them a bit to get the file size down as long as I don't mess about with anything else, is that right?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
yes, that's fine.

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

BoorriGOLD Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
*edit* should look around before asking questions...
EDITED_BY: Boorri (1207640683)

slan45SILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
Is playing with the levels/curves of the photo allowed in photoshop? I dont have the best camera in the world but I'm a whiz in photoshop so I can get clarity out of a picture that hadn't been there previously...I wouldnt play with any glows or filters or lightning at all...

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
that's not in the spirit of the competition. Well, rather, I think I know what you intend, but saying "yes" could open up a doorway to someone to do something different. So let's keep the rules fairly simple.

grin