weeblunewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Ok, Im new, and if this is in the wrong place, Im sure admin will correct me! smile
For the past year or so, I have been working on the streets of Edinburgh as a street entertainer/ mini workshop, and have done the last two Edinburgh Festies. I have a few diabolos, flowersticks, poi and a rola-bola. Up until now i have taught myself everything I know (as I used to stay out int he countryside), but I have hit a point where by I'd like to take my work to the "next stage". I am looking to meet some people, go to a few workshops or perhaps on a course to learn some more about what I already do.
In the long run, I would like to go self-employed round schools and kids clubs.
Any help or advice on courses and workshops, either with yourselves or witin Scotland, would be very greatfuly received.

Cheers
biggrin

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
mmmm try the meet people section? im sure there is someone out there somewhere who can help smile

if i could be a busy busy bee...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
It's in the right forum, with just not the right title (IMHO)....

"Taking it further" would be a great headline for a meeting you organize, but for the intended purpose I would a) do a search and b) name it "any spinners in Scotland near ... (fill in hometown)?"

Keep it it up, summer ain't too far (halfway there) and there will be more conventions and meetings coming.

Good luck

smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
there's heaps, and heaps of workshops/places to play, ectetc in edinburgh.

PM mcp, or the Approving Ninja and they will give you accurate times/costs etcetc.

Ninja:
[Old link]

mcp: [Old link]

Holistic Spinner (I hope)