Forums > Social Chat > Six Months of Your Life....

Login/Join to Participate

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
So, I basically haven't been on HoP for six months. I've been a bit busy, and I'll explain that in a second. But, to get me, and any newbs, as well as older members up to speed.....

What have you done with the last six months of your life?

beerchug

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

422 posts

Posted:
I'll go first to break the ice! Personally, I haven't finished a lot, but I've accomplished a lot.

On a POI note, I've been slowly starting to put together behind-the-back stuff. It's not perfect, nor am I weaving yet, but I can see a definite progression. So, maybe in a few months, I will have finally attained the oh-so-frusterating behind-the-back work. Flowers are coming along, but the antispin work is still elluding me (darn!)

On an artistic note, two different really neat projects are coming together. Lucky Thirteen is a web comic I've been working on. The plot's there, and the character design is coming along. It has me pretty excited, but progress has been slow on it. I'm still hoping for a New Year's Eve launch date! At the same time, I'm working on writing and designing a book on captive reef keeping called Inland Reef for my portfolio as a sort of interactive how-to, but slick and cool, not cheesy or cheap like other how-to books.

On an athletic note, I've gotten back to horseback riding and am slowly rebuilding both the muscles that I've lost from not working them, and all the show jumping skills I lost from the four years of not riding through college. Lucy Loves Me ("Lucy") is a challenge, but a fun one. My riding instructor had a stroke two months ago, so I'm trying to work with his daughter for schooling. She's fun, but she's not him.

No new boyfriends, husbands, or babies, but I did sell the Brave Little Toaster, my old car. Johnny Bass's (my brother) band is picking up, but he crashed his car. They may be touring eventually with Silvertide, but who knows with Zodiac these days?

.... so... how 'bout you guys?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I've done sweet F.A biggrin

Well, Ive looked for jobs, not found them, finally found one, then quit as they were taking advantage of me as I was the temp. ubbrollsmile

But I do now have a permanent job that starts in a week! smile

Set up a new website...

thats about it realy shrug

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ditto

but then i moved house from Italy to England... but i miss my son frown

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
Got back from travelling got a crap day job, got a new day job that I think will be good, and started shooting a videyo I also ate several meals

Viva UGLY STAFF

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
worked my butt off, learning to salsa...although I only seem to be able to manage it properly in bare feet heels and shoes are just completely out of the question. Enrolled at college to start my second degree last thursday and have my first lecture on monday biggrin

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i the last 6 months i've worked on a rod stewart and george michael concert putting up and taking down the stages, i've worked at a festival........doing stuff, and i've found myself a full time job that works around my lifestyle. i also met a few really good friends and have a few projects in the pipeline biggrin

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
hmmmm. Nearly written up my PhD (just 1 chapter still to go, yay!), started a post-doc research post only without the doc so far, got a new boyfriend, went to PLAY for the first time, finally saw Damien Rice (and lots and lots of other bands) at V this year... it's been a good 6 months, mostly smile

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Been dragged kicking and screaming into paid employment.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

TwerpyBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
I've renewed my lifeguard qualification, studied, revised for, sat and passed biggrin my Alevels, went to a beer festival, went to Edinburgh, went to PLAY (and had an AMAZING time), worked my arse off to try and earn some pennies, drank too much, didn't slept enough, and I'm off to uni in two weeks. Its been a busy 6 months.

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
hmmm In the past six months i have manged to flop my a-levels, ummm go to play ummmm continued to be a poi spinning bum well i try and look for some kind of non-exitent ict job in gloucester

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

finally saw Damien Rice

me too!

Apart from that I've basically been working, which means I:
- have been to Germany, France, the UK (twice), the US
- presented at 3 conferences
- submitted my first article (two weeks ago smile)

Furthermore: I turned 30 and went skydiving, got rid of my almost-relationship and , the most important thing of all:

yesterday I got a kiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin o.k., it was just a small one on my cheek, but I liked it very much

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
hmmm...
I turned 16 in april
I've done my first 4 finals of high school, in English, History, Computers, and Hebrew.
went to PLAY festival and had an amazing time, and met a lot of really great people.
the rest of the summer was just spinning, slacking and being lazy, as usual.
now im back at school and am already bored.

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Quit my crap job, got a new girlfriend (yay), passed my exams for my MCDST with flying colours, got a new job, quit that on account of it was rubbish, went to Glade and got very muddy, went to play and had loads of fun and learnt loads of stuff, and now I'm temping back at my old job for more money, while looking for decent IT jobs in Central so I can move out of my parents house.

And lots of spinning obviously. And writing some more music, and becoming addicted to Facebook, and playing Oblivion too much.

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Ahem. I have designed and overseen the initial installation of The Longest Conveyor in the Southern Hemisphere, a must-see attraction for those who love moving rubber en masse.

Oh, got married, paid chunk of mortgage, sort of got around to getting a deck installed, seen an awful lot of coal and presently have the arse-end of the flu.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

422 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Eera

Ahem. I have designed and overseen the initial installation of The Longest Conveyor in the Southern Hemisphere, a must-see attraction for those who love moving rubber en masse.

The geek in me says "That's awesome!"

The former engineering student in me says "That's friggin' awesome!"

The artist in me says "That'd be awesome for an art installation!"

The nerd in me says, "Man, I wish you could send me some of those signs with stick figures being dismembered by conveyor belts, since I bet you have some awesome ones."

.... but to my utter shame, the normal person in me (*for however rare she rears her ugly, boring head), says, "Oh, dear god, I just said all of that technically out loud!"
ubbrollsmile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Wow in the past 6 months I've done alot.

Went to the first ever PyrateCon in New Orleans, got to drink on bourbon street for the first time also.

Bought my first Kayak. Learned how to take small ripples and rapids. Did some geocaching, not as much as I would like but still some. Got to do some crabbing too.

Traveled all over PA, NJ and Maryland. Had several weekends of get away down at the shore.

My son broke his foot and he broke his first window and he started first grade. Awwww they grow up so fast.

I did a ton more things but if I wrote about them then I would be writing a book.
EDITED_BY: Anuebunnie (1189466250)

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
In the last six months I got a boyfriend and we started learning poi. Then we lit em' up after a while. So ya. Then we broke up. Other than that, I survived two different jobs, went headlong into the scene, took the plunge and went straight edge, and ya...other than that not much.

"Watch those explosions in the sky and you'll go blind, but not this time. Will you live in hope or dark desire? What can I say? F*ck love give me fire." ~Cities Of Night by Blaqk Audio (Davey Havok)

Proudly MCRmy

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Um... *thinks*

Went to toulouse Juggling convention and met some amazing jugglers.
Moved back from Spain in July.
Joined the ranks at the ministry of manipulation.
Split up with my (very special) girlfriend.
Fell out with my best friend.
Juggled LOADS. LOADS.
Went to germany to teach in a circus camp, where the recent ex girlfriend was also working.
Went to Berlin to the Katakomben.
Juggled a Sh!tload more. Learned to balance a ball on my head and walk around.
Went to switzerland. Walked around with a ball on my head.
Juggled even more.
Met another gorgeous Swiss circus school girl.
Came home. Head confused by girls.
Realised I left my Poi in Germany. I highly doubt they'll come back frown
Juggled even more.
Got excited about bristol Convention.
Got hold of some Pot.
Had a smoke.
Juggled even more. Fed the ducks and climbed trees with a ball on my head.
Typed this post.
smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I forgot to mention ive battled undead, had to feign death so I didnt incur a 10% durability loss, Ive jumped off very high cliffs, Ive shot dinosaurs with a crossbow, made a Gnomish mind control cap and leveled from 1 to 64 wink

Ive also given a strip tease how to a cow in a tuxedo, and I even showed him my fish.