Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Broxtowe Youth Factor Juggling and Music Event

Login/Join to Participate

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
Broxtowe Youth Factor Juggling and music event!

tis all about promoting positive attitudes to youth!

Sat 14th July

Beeston Square

12:30 - 2:30:

Circus workshops

Drumming workshops

T-shirt painting

Grafitti wall

2:30-3:00:

Youth Awards

Dance performance

3:00 - 9:00

Live music/bands

Free spinning time

Come and help out with workshops or simply to support the event!

Last year around 1000 people attended - so hopefully this year will be just as successful!

I'll be helping in the workshops along with some friends of mine but as many of you are much more skilled than me, it'd be great if people could come down and join in, even if it's just to spin/juggle in order to promote it and get todays youth interested and active!

I know this is quite short notice but i wasn't asked to help till two days ago! But if you feel like coming down please do! ubbrollsmile

i'll post travel information from nottingham centre to beeston square shortly smile

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
hell that's a HoP, skip and a jump away from where i wuz brung up in Toton - wonder if i can get down there for old times sake.... biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
if i'm gonna be honest, i have no idea myself of what to expect. obviously it was put on last year, but after having a chat with the organiser, i get the feeling the circus workshops are new to this year and just sort of thrown in, cause she didn't have a huge idea of what was what and i had to tell her what she was gonna need to supply for the workshops and that (and this is a week before the event!), so i'm a bit skeptical about whether the circus skills element is gonna be a great addition, or a bit or a let down. of course i found this out after i posted the thread, damn irony!

but if people still feel like coming along then do, i mean, it'd be great to have people there to spin and just look good. and hey, it's the second sat of the month so there's always Psycle afterwards wink i do believe there is a Psycle thread on here, i think chilly_psycle posted it... shrug

tis up to you guys ubbrollsmile

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...