KosakaBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
I've been trying for a two weeks now but it's hard to understand. You start out with butterfly then hold your arms out to one side of your body then move it to the other side so it kind of looks like a pac man with a flapping mouth on each side if your body. I can't figure out how to move it to the other side without tangling up.

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I'm not familiar with this move, but have you tried the big butterfly?

Start off with the normal butterfly, then when the poi are moving downwards and out, stretch your arms like you're having a stretch in the office or classroom. Then as they come down, bring them back into the butterfly.

If this move is how I'm picturing it, all you'll need to do is add in another circle before you bring the poi above your head. Hope this helps, good luck!

Kupo!

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i think he means split-time big butterfly, so your arms cross at the sides rather than the top and the bottom.
i know this because pacman's mouth always points sideways, even when he moves up and down smile

the trick to avoid tangling is that when your arms go out to your left hand side, the right arm passes in front of the left arm;
and when both arms go out to the right hand side, the left arm passes in front of the right one.

it also helps to turn your body toward the direction your arms are pointing, so you don't have to be so bendy.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yup.

then work in one beat pauses at the left/right extremes and you have yin-yang cool

and jarle: you dont have to bring your hands back together in the middle, just cross them and continue the big circles, bth to big feels good.

all thease can be piroetted too ubbloco

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
And your hands go up and down one after the other, just like Jonny Bravo doing the monkey!

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I ubblove this move biggrin

Oddly enough, I learnt it behind me waaay before learning in front... umm

Just about got full control of it when doing 360's or continuous rotations, in either direction.

You end up spinning, with the poi moving in different directions, and never hitting, when they really should do. biggrin

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
^ I can spilt time butterfly and turn to my right but its a lot harder turning to my left. Ive managed to do a 360 a couple of times but its still quite hard

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
One another pac-man like move:

lightning,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted: