Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mojojo

And dontchya know, everyone in West Oz knows everyone else!

... and half them know people in Brisbane ubbrollsmile, and Brisbane people know everyone in the world wink and.... aren't we a lovely ubblove big happy grouphug world family!

Now stop talking about PLAY all of you cos it makes me jealous. tongue

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

Now stop talking about PLAY all of you cos it makes me jealous. tongue

makes me sad that i wont have you there this year gabe, you throw out wicked quality energy to all

i just hope you keep some for yourself....

a blessing on you, your family, and your spirit.

Step (el-nombrie)

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LMSP

Mynci hunny, you know cars don't like you! I can see us breaking down because I'm cursed. Just like the last twice

Not with me and baby Lee in the car! We'll be your goodluck charms! (and no more burning engine smell like on the way to Southern lights ubblol wink )

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Robs pretty distinctive, in a bum length dreads kind of way wink

Whipping is going ok. Jedily goes in for non whiprelated should op later in year so he is being a bit careful with his shoulder but Coln looks to be wearing his as everyday wear wink Every day that I see him anyways.

Perth and Brissie....lots of connections there that seem to involve Gabe ubblove ubblol

Spunout might be in Jan next year to tie in with The circus festival at Margaret River. Will post here when Dexta tells us what has been sorted. She is all fired up again to run it ubbangel. Aint she grand But if we know when you plan to tour back again who knows!!!
ubblove ubblol ubbrollsmile

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: blu_valley

Written by: LMSP

Mynci hunny, you know cars don't like you! I can see us breaking down because I'm cursed. Just like the last twice

Not with me and baby Lee in the car! We'll be your goodluck charms! (and no more burning engine smell like on the way to Southern lights ubblol wink )

don't count on that ubblol I don't have any time at the moment to change the diesel filters which I think is causing the problem redface I can get an air freshener though biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mecjh

makes me sad that i wont have you there this year gabe, you throw out wicked quality energy to all

I'll miss Gabe not being there too frown
She already seems like part of the furniture, and it'l be odd not having her around ubbcrying

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
I am wondering if anyone shall be running a lassoo/rope workshop. My performance partner needs to learn for our shows in Edinburgh - PLEASE anyone?

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
Anyone would still have an empty seat in his car from London up to Shropshire ??

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Olive

Anyone would still have an empty seat in his car from London up to Shropshire ??

Yep, I have room, but unfortunately won't be leaving until thursday evening after work.

PM me if you need!

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
Hey. I guess I'm coming down to the festival. And I'd also need a ride on wednesday. If anyone can help that'd be amazing.

Thanks. Antti.

Point your toes.

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Wow - Olive and Antti and the Fens at PLAY - bring out the staff!!! Yummy

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Now we just need to weather to dry up a week before...

Apparantly it's all to do with a pressure sticking over the Azores... althogether now BLOW
sunny

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Wahay just fixed my internet but i have a small problem i have my ticket and everything just no transport confirmed frown

is anyone traveling from the gloucestershire area with a spare car seat by any chance....

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
*blows*

I can see a bit of blue in the sky already!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
yay! Go Birgit clap

No, wait - false start, it's raining again frown
Feck, my pond's overflowing!! eek and it's got a leak 6" from the top shrug the water table must be way way higher than normal - any bets on when we get a hosepipe ban umm ubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Methinks we should find this woman for PLAY...

I wonder how much she charges...

Non-Https Image Link

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Depends what she does really.

Standing with your arms up isn't too hard to teach.
Controlling the weather is Simian's job smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Oh so he's actually a Shaman! So he actually 'partakes' to reach certain mindstates to invoke certain elemental gods and spirits! Right. Not just a stoner then...

*gets on his knees and worships*

I bring you the offering of a 'Very Strong Cigarette'...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
hmmmm. i personally think its all that umbrella songs fault. Rihanna - Umbrella !! every time it played today it started raining again....she must be controlling the weather...

if i could be a busy busy bee...

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Durbs

Standing with your arms up isn't too hard to teach.

Oh, I dunno about that.. I mean, there's all kinds of possibilities... "Just got up stretch", "dancing to that awful "reach for the stars" song", "the y and the a from the YMCA dance", "my favoured team has just gained an advantage over their opposition", "I am a player on a team and I have just gained an advantage over our opponents", (for the cultured) "5th position", "lead singer in a metal band receives crowd adulation", "me, me! ME! I know the answer Sir!", "you threw that frisbee right over my head" and many others, there could easily be an hour's workshop right there..

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
when is it?

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
When is what?

umm

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Methinks we should find this woman for PLAY...

I wonder how much she charges...

Non-Https Image Link

ok, so strorm, yes good one to have

but to be honest
there are ppl i would rather have there from the x-men team

i would rather have a few to be honest, infact there are a few others from the whole marvil universe i would rather have

(given thet DC comics are rubbish (as he opens a can of death))

Step (el-nombrie)

336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mech

Well what the censored use would wolverine be in making sure it didn't rain?? *And* those claws would be against all those on-site weapons rules...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PinkNigel

I mean, there's all kinds of possibilities... "Just got up stretch", "dancing to that awful "reach for the stars" song", "the y and the a from the YMCA dance", "my favoured team has just gained an advantage over their opposition", "I am a player on a team and I have just gained an advantage over our opponents", (for the cultured) "5th position", "lead singer in a metal band receives crowd adulation", "me, me! ME! I know the answer Sir!", "you threw that frisbee right over my head" and many others, there could easily be an hour's workshop right there..

5th position. lol
that was funny

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:

Well what the censored use would wolverine be in making sure it didn't rain?? *And* those claws would be against all those on-site weapons rules...

Non-Https Image Link

i was thinking more about rouge as the memebr of the x-men i would far preffer

sor a start, she would power up from storm, so that we had the weather control. However she would be able to absord bother power to bring with her, for example, she could gain that of cyclops eyes, and so provide fire for the weekend for us.

she could take speed from another so that she could help avoid accients, wolvereens claws, to help in cooking, and to help in any set up, she would not be worried about egtting cuts or thorns in her.

strength from the tin man, to set up the stage.

come on think bigger wink

Step (el-nombrie)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
but for rogue to keep stealing everyones powers they would all have to be there in the first place or she would have to keep popping off wink
... now what do you do at a spinning festival full of X-men... there'd be no room left for proper spinners like... um... nah...can't think of anyone at the moment but there are definately some out there maybe not in THIS thread ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

336 posts

Posted:

wolvereens claws, to help in cooking

Wolverine's power is his super-quick healing, she wouldn't be able to steal his claws

(ok, I admit it, the "" never really happens... )

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:

wolvereens claws, to help in cooking

Wolverine's power is his super-quick healing, she wouldn't be able to steal his claws

(ok, I admit it, the "" never really happens... )

yeah fair point...

however his healing power would help with pulling weeds, and thorns at set up

Step (el-nombrie)

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
heehee... you really have thought way to hard about this...

if i could be a busy busy bee...

Page: ......