Mavadonewbie
11 posts

Posted:
Well I've been working on spinning to the left just regular.....yea, I suck and can only spin to the right where it looks normal....anyways, I've been noticing I wrap it around my hand and just keep feeding it in like that to keep it going so it got me wondering and practicing only spinning with using my wrists....Is there any videos or something like this out there or has anyone else ever thought of it?

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Palm rolling or fishtailing maybe?

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I don't know any staffers who do use their fingers - generally their staffs are too heavy and you've got more chance of dropping the staff smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Or breaking your fingers...

Its handy enough if you have pixie sized staffs though. And they generally work better if your pixie sized.

Mavado, there is a tutorial for continious hand rolls on MCP's contact tutorials site. You can find her profile on here with linkage...

Love is the law.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I fingerspin with doubles, not so much with big contact staffs thou.

errr linkage: https://mcp.tepookatoys.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=107&Itemid=30

/gratuitous pimping

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
I fingerspin but I use a shorter staff too.

Too many secerets are locked in side your minds, but your all equal in life, equal in love. your all building castels in the sky dreaming of a better world.

PyroMonkeyGOLD Member
b...bal...lence?....
370 posts

Posted:
i fingerspin with my staffs, they're heavier than most. but i only do it to put in an extra rotation before a btb or watever, just to stall it before a big movement.

Cant say ive broken or hurt anything, but i wouldnt do it for a whole routine.

Mavadonewbie
11 posts

Posted:
No no no, not finger spins. I mean just flat out no fingers at all or thumbs. Simply spinning with only your palm, wrists, arms and such.

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Yea you can do that but it takes a while of practicing lots of contact to not need to use your hands at all. You can pretty much substitue any hand movement for a fishtail, wrist propellor or palm spin. Palm spins are easiest to get i recon.

If you wanna learn to spin without using your hands your talking about contact staff look around MCP's site (link above) or have a look at mine www.inspinerate.com should be enough between them to keep you busy for the next 2-3 years or so.

"Don't do it naked!"