Forums > Social Chat > Looking for new glow poi

Login/Join to Participate

TotalEclipseGOLD Member
120 posts

Posted:
So, I am going to get some new glow poi - I have a pair of the lightsticks on sale from HoP but they are a bit fragile, for all that they look terrific, and one is broken frown

So I am looking for something both slighty heavier, and more robust. My sister already has a pair of the rainbow phase ones which I can borrow at will, so something different to that...and there is no way in hell I can afford Aerotechs.

The two things I have in mind currently are:

Beaming poi (one red, one green)
Atom Glow Poi
White glow poi off HoP

Des anybody know how bright the white poi are? Or how good the atom strobe ones look? Or whether the beamers are worth the cost?

enlighten me with your experience and recommendations...and any other good glow poi you may have seen on your travels. Budgeting to a max of about £45.

Thanks in advance smile

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
have you tried coating the ones you have in silicon?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
my friend had a set of those atom poi's, not too sure how long she'd had them but in the short time i knew her they had broken twice. the rubber strands the chains are linked to are very weak

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I dont know how bright the white HoP poi are, but the green ones are lush, and wont shatter on impat as they are slightly soft and squishy, they do however hurt on impact with the top part of your nose.

Hug me?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
atom poi are kind of cool, but sadly all to short lived, they EAT batteries, they DEMOLISH batteries.

the hop glow poi just don't do it for me any more sadly, no way near bright enough now I've seen aerotechs, or more importantly hyperlights.

the price difference is obviously substantial, but after having gone through several sets of other kinds of glow poi it starts looking really quite sane.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

milkajourneyman
89 posts

Posted:
Boing balls are rubbish for juggling but they make nice and very cheap poi if you can find plastic nets. Here is a small video smile

edit : a few pictures here (pics 31-32-33/120).
EDITED_BY: milka (1162379662)

PerrafordeBRONZE Member
Its Wet and Cold
120 posts

Posted:
I have a pair of the atom poi, yes they eat the batteries (but you can buy them quite cheaply from the site you show) but they look so cool.

I find them quite robust, being a learner i have a tendency to hit myself over the head with them and they havn't broken, yet!!

Oh Slothy. I may have been bad. I may have kept you chained up in that room but it was for your own good

Either I have a monster in my kitchen or I'm completely crazy

TotalEclipseGOLD Member
120 posts

Posted:
Hmm thanks all...does anyone know how bright the white ones are relative to the green/blue ones of the same? i.e non-phasing versions...

Not so keen on the atom ones now - I hate having to buy new batteries and I am a fairly "aggressive" spinner, so I have concerns about how well they'll hold together.

And thank you to stout for your pm: much appreciated and note taken! smile

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
the poipoi.net rubber things are really good, i learnt with some of them but they did break eventually, due to me hitting them on things by accedent.. but i am buying some more off a friend coz she never uses them. how nice it will be spin them again..

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness