Forums > Social Chat > Belly dancing in the UK

Login/Join to Participate

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Can anyone out there help me find someone/somewhere that will teach me belly dancing. Preferably around the London area.

Cheers,

Ab

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

amy_ketaminemember
6 posts

Posted:
There is a belly dancing club in oxfordshire, but i take it thats 2 far away! Apart from that, I cant help u! Sorry! Why dont u try the yellow pages or something? That may help...
Luv *AMY* xx xx

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Where in Oxfordshire? I'm not dismissing it till I know its too far to travel in a night

amy_ketaminemember
6 posts

Posted:
A place called Carteton. Its about 15/20 miles away from Oxford. Why do u wanna learn 2 belly dance so much? Just wiggle your belly about a bit! Thats how i learnt!!! *AMY* xx xx

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I've just been told that there is a place nere Liverpool Street station that teaches belly dancing.

I'll find out the details in the morning and PM you them honey.

BamBam

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Many thanks BamBam

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
Damn, I've heard of a couple of places in London that teach belly dancing but that was aaaaaaages ago... let me try and see if I can remember who gave me the info in the first place and see if they are still in London!
Will let you know if I come across anything; like everything in London though, as soon as you find someone that does it then you'll get access to the whole 'scene'. Why don't you try asking a dancer at a middle eastern restaurant, it would probably be the easier way...
Enjoy the weekend,
Simos

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Have a look at info@jumpanddance.com

It's a dance studio based in London N7

Happy Dancing

BamBam

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Cafe Cairo near Clapham North Station is closed at the moment for refurbishment.

They had Belly Dancing Classes every Sunday. Not sure will they continue when cafe re-opens but when it does I'll let you know

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
*big hugs* to all who've replied here, shall look into them

Yay

Abi

anniesparksmember
17 posts

Posted:
There are loads of places in London where you can learn 'Belly Dance'/ Egyptian/ Arabic dancing.

What area of London are you? I might be able to help with info. I used to do alot of dance and know of quite a few of the teachers in London.

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
I'm living in Thornton Heath, spending a lot of time in Stevenage and work in Central London. So, everywhere lol.