Forums > Technical Discussion > Break Down / Telescopic Staff?

Login/Join to Participate

dawagnervidSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
I have a Concentrate Staff, which totally kicks ass, but I'm looking for something a little heavier - but I also want something that breaks down or gets easy to carry. Has anyone out there tried the Nesbitt 3 Part staff or the Fyrefli telescopic staff? Any other suggestions?

Many Thanks!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Is Mr Nesbitt still making sticks? umm
I thought he stopped making them and went back to making Rickshaws instead! eek

sassyMy mother advises not to stand on the dryer whilst drunk
43 posts

Posted:
*bump*

I'm looking at purchasing a pleasant breakdown staff for travelling (hitch-hiking with my staff was awkward last time.....hahaha...)

Does anyone have recommendations on a good breakdown staff?

Charlie FoxPLATINUM Member
Burinating the village like Trogdor
156 posts

Posted:
You know, though it was my first break down staff, im happy with the performance of the HoP Break down staff, once you get used to it being slightly flexible and having extra weight in the middle, its a pleasant experience imo i intend to buy another.

https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/257_30_Inner_fire

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
- A.A. Milne

Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!
- Anon (I think)

Zolgar_the_InsaneSILVER Member
22 posts

Posted:
 Written by: cpjfox

You know, though it was my first break down staff, im happy with the performance of the HoP Break down staff, once you get used to it being slightly flexible and having extra weight in the middle, its a pleasant experience imo i intend to buy another.

https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/257_30_Inner_fire

I went from a quarter staff to that..

I like it's weight, and weighting, the flexing really isn't noticed unless you catch it weird or give it a spinning throw. It bounces nicely too >.>

My only complaint is it's too short smile

There's a fine line between genius and insanity.

.... I ran away from the genius side.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
what about break down contact staffs? i put fire heads on my prac staff last night and it stunk out the car afterwards >.<

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

sassyMy mother advises not to stand on the dryer whilst drunk
43 posts

Posted:
I've been considering between these two staves. Both have qualities I'd like to change (hey, I'm picky-I'll proably try to get them customized). But if anyone has opinions/experiences with these kinds of staffs, let me know...especially the o-ring splits featured on the flamma aeterna site....good/bad?

https://jimsfiretoys.com/staves.aspx

https://www.flammaaeterna.com/index.htm

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I've used the flamma aeterna ones, made by lester from fire groove. They're surprisingly good as contact staffs. Dual fishtails and the doubles jesus were all easy with them. But I was only playing with them for fifteen minutes or something, so I don't have a definative recommendation.

Not as good as solid one piece custom built contact staff, but pretty damn good.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
My order for two concentrate staffs have just been shipped so I'll let you know soon of my opinion. Howver as mentioned above I've found they can be a bit light at the ends for contact so mine have been made with extraweighting, so I'll have to see if this works uot well. biggrin

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
Got the staffs this friday.
So far they seem good though there are some problems. The bounce in the handle can be annoying especially when doing stick on stick contact and the weighting is still a little odd due to the handle. However the extra weight I have in the ends helps a huge deal with contact and the extra grip just goes further to help. They pack up very nice and small so I've had no trouble transporting them so far. All in all they seem like very nice sticks, if you have the money at least.

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
concentrate have always been very nice - but fibreglass sticks give you got the bounce shrug forces more gentleness on you wink not a bad thing tho...

...and most other detachable staff do wobble sooner or later... rolleyes

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink