SwiftspinGOLD Member
4 posts

Posted:
I recently started spinning fire, so im fairly new on how to maintain my fire poi. I noticed they both have started to rip at the top and I've lit up I'd say about 10 - 13 times. I know there sapposed to last longer then that but i dont know why there ripping. I have the cathedral set and I love them so far besides the fact there thier starting to get torn up already. Can someone please help me to distinguish why they are ripping and help me prevent them from geting more damaged?

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Is it tearing or fraying? If its just fraying, then trim of any dangly bits and then paint them with a bit of PVA glue where they are fraying....should keep em nice and tidy! smile

SwiftspinGOLD Member
4 posts

Posted:
Thanks alot Maus, I think its only fraying know that I think about it. Whats this PVA glue your talking about and where can I buy it?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
PVA glue is that white glue that's safe for kids to eat in school. It's the saviour of wicks although best to apply when they're brand new

As it sets it goes clear, then as you burn it doesn't burn but does keep setting even harder. Dont be too liberal with it tho and keep it just to the very tips of the wicks

Let's relight this forum ubblove

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc

PVA glue is that white glue that's safe for kids to eat in school

ubblol

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: polythene

Written by: Dunc

PVA glue is that white glue that's safe for kids to eat in school

ubblol

its true! not that i'd know, cause i only ate play doh..........in grade ten ubblol

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley