StigSILVER Member
110 posts

Posted:
Hi i havent been on here in god knows how long so i thought id write a new thread to see whos about. this is mainly a thread for people who are either working at kingswood, have worked here or are thinkin of workin here. Although it would be cool to hear from anyone who might have an opinion. ubbrollsmile

How do paracetamol know where the pain is???

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
umm

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
If you can put up with:

• Rubbish food (school dinners style 24/7 unless you work at the Wales centre which is joined with a private school and has awesome food),

• Shared accomodation (i.e a small shared room and shared showers and toilets etc. Not always in great condition. Some centres have off site houses which are usually better than the on site halls of residence style rooms),

• Really low pay (was £250 a month when I worked there. With a possible £60 a month extra for being a duty driver)

• Long hours (day starts at 8:45am and goes through till about 7pm or 10pm if you are on evening entertainment and occasionally you will be on dorms duty meaning you can be up all night with troublesome kids).

If they sound manageable then yes. The work itself is amazing and really really rewarding. You get to meet some really cool people and with everyone being in the same boat there's a real family atmosphere with the staff.

I definately wouldn't take back the time I spent there and I would go back if I could afford to work for those wages again.

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
*sits down to mjk and grabs his "clueless tiara"*

Anyone wanna clue the rest of us in?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

StigSILVER Member
110 posts

Posted:
basically kingswood is an outdoor pursuits centre for kids to come and try out loads of different activities like quad biking and climbing. They usually come with school groups except in the sumer holidays

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
Same sort of thing as PGL but Kingswood is an educational activity centre also focusing on ICT and other learning based activities.
The summer thing is called Camp Beaumont and is basically a summer camp setup where the parents drop the kids off for a few weeks of freedom.

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ive been there!! biggrin

Years ago, when much of my body was hairless.

I remember, rabbits, the only time I have fallen off a motorbike, scuba diving, circus skills teaching by "a clown" rolleyes ..... and I remmber the leaders throwing some flameable liquid onto the campfire to get it going. I think at the time I thought it was petrol, but seeing as i remember it not exploding, I think it was parafin.

But to answer your question, I would have no problem working there.

The Scout association gave me *SO* much, so its only fair I give something back to "da youf", even if Kingswood is not part of the Scout Association.

And for those who are still confused: www.kingswood.co.uk

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Jonny, Most of your body is STILL hairless. The parts you shamelessly flaunt anyway!

Did I say stop...?!

Never went to PGL ('Parents Get Lost!') or Kingswood went to Eden Valley in Cumbria instead - for that obligatory 4th Year Junior outing. Enjoyed it immensely but have no skill or qualifications to work even if I wanted to...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

jimpanzeeMember
2 posts

Posted:
you don't need any qualifications to work there that's why the pay's so rock bottom they give them to you. BUT most you can't take outside the company so it's not really that good.

great experience but you can't live there too long it'll drive you mad!!

StigSILVER Member
110 posts

Posted:
just cos your a grandad here jim! :P