Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I was conversing with a friend about these, how people can wiggle their ears, raise only one of their eyebrows-or otherwise move them independently, fold or roll their tongues (some can even get it into a "w" shape), bend only the first knuckle on their fingers while keeping all the rest straight, flare their nostrils, etc.

What we noticed is that usually people who can do one, can do all. I also know that these are genetic traits and not learned (bio 101 covered that).

Which ones, if any, can you do? What can you do that I forgot to list?
I can't do the "w" with the tongue, but I can roll my tongue into a tube and twist it upside down. (no naughty comments about tongue tricks here guys! ) And I can do the other ones I mentioned.

Then there are things that you figure out...like I can flip quarters on my stomach doing bellyrolls. I used to make money off my (much)older sisters friends doing it when I was little (they gave me the quarter and I got to keep it). It's come in handy for Bellydance, one less thing I had to learn. I copied a lady on tv doing it and my sisters thought it was a great party trick.

I saw a guy fit himself through a plastic hanger once. Still haven't figured out why.

And, if you have a silly people trick...my burning question is this...how the heck did you find out you had it in the first place????

[ 18. February 2003, 11:40: Message edited by: Pele ]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Fire-N-Watermember
36 posts

Posted:
Both my hands are double-jointed, or maybe there are no joints at all...

When I lay my hands palm down on the table my fingers can lift, without assistance, so that they stand straight up. This looks particularly funny when my palms are pressed together and my fingers are reaching away from each other.

Other then that, my thumbs lay straight back against my wrists (with assistance!)
and the first joint in my fingers bends freely from the others like little claws.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I can make my head turn green and roll around the room.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
HAHA! Well Dio and SaBBaS the bending over backwards more than 90degrees doing fire poi is pretty much my signature move.So I'm sure yall will see either a vid of me doing that or a pic.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Umm lets see

I can hold my hands together behind my back and lift them all the way over my head and in front of me with out letting go.
I can turn my feet to right angle behind me when I’m standing up
And I can to the splits all the ways
I also can put both feet behind my head
Turn my eyelids inside out
Pop my shoulders
Wiggle my nose like Samantha in bewitched
Make a balloon dog with one hand
tie two knots in a jelly snake with my toung

Wow I didn’t know I was that weird?

missie

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I forgot, my sons favorite trick that I do each time we go to the ice cream parlor...

I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue.

Mss. Aurora, I can bend back like that as well.
Missie, dancer or gymnast?

From yoga I can put my hands in prayer position behind my back in between my shoulder blades.*shrug*

Pele

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Can you teach yourself to do the wiggly eyebrow thing? I've been trying for years without success.

Can do the rolling tongue, touch my nose with my tongue, and sing a whole song without once hitting the right key.

Don't worry, be happy...

1,032 posts

Posted:
Hey Pele I can also do the prayer thing behind my shoulder blades...but I did that on my own when I was little and not in yoga. I know that in my previous reply that I said that I wasn't going to bore yall with the list of my weird tricks, but I just wanted to add a couple more to my lil list...One is where I can sit on my knees and then lean back and lay perfectly flat on the ground with my legs bent backwards next to my sides. Another one is where i can lay on my back and flip both my legs up and over my head and make my knees sit next to the side of my head...The shins of my legs are also laying flat on the ground and stickin straight out above my head.I used to do this when I was little also...I guess you could say I was bored. After awhile it got to where after getting myself in that akward position I could then flip my whole body over on itself and I would end up standing on my knees.Looks kewl to most people, but I have yet to see it because I'm the one performing that trick! Ok well I know that isn't all on the list of my silly human tricks, but I'm hungry and crave sustainance...AKA FOOOD! Laterz!

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Miss Aurora, the one is actually a "w" sit because of the way your legs look. It is used popularly for stretching the thighs.
The legs by the head thing, if you raise your legs straight up and balance on your shoulders you can poi behind your back! You can also go onto one knee, keep the other leg out straight so when you continue with the roll out of it you end up in a 1/2 split/lunge.

(i did it when I was little, and then i ended up in gymnastics and dance Thought you might want to add to your repetoire)

Pele

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I can touch my nose with my tongue, too. But just the bottom of my nose.

Don't get excited, ladies. It's probably more due to my having a big nose than a long tongue.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah sometimes my hips make creaking grinding and cracking sounds. Arthritus inherited from my father, he started getting crippled up in his 30's and had to retire from the coast guard when he was 38. The doctors say it is worse in me at my age then it was at his age so I have all kinds of fun to look forward to.

Tambomember
97 posts

Posted:
I have something that I cannot do that everyone else can, and thats wink! I have never met anyone else that cannot do it either......I wonder why I cannot do it and everyone else can, any suggestions?

1,032 posts

Posted:
Thanks Pele. I've done the standing my legs up straight in the air thing while balancing on my shoulders before, although I didn't know I could do that AND do poi! I think I may go try that out...HEHE! Laterz!

1,032 posts

Posted:
Oh I just had one lil itty bitty question to ask...*ahem* can anybody pop their hips out of socket like me? Well I'm not xactly sure that's what I'm doing because I don't know if it's possible to do that voluntarily or not. I put all my weight on one leg and then (not sure how to describe this) I let my weight free leg rest and I can somehow make it slide out or something.It looks kinda weird because my upper body is a lil off to the side from my hips and the one leg that I 'think' is out of socket sticks out on the side.After a couple seconds or so it will start to hurt and I have to 'pull myself' back together again. Any helpful suggestions as to what it is that I'm doing?...Mike(I hope that is the name of the guy who is a Dr.) or Pele is that a move done in anything?

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
I can do something similar with my shoulder, but have no idea what actually happens. It just sort of pops out of joint for a bit. Must look freaky doing it with your hip!

Don't worry, be happy...

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Silly things that I can do, I don't really know how I have managed to discover these things as a kid but I can still do them now, they are:

Dislocate both my hips, and pop them in and out of their joints.

Fit my whole fist in my mouth at once

and play chasey with cross eyes. Which is where you cross your eyes, then look to the left, then cross your eyes again, then look to the right, then cross them again, and look to the left. It grosses people out quite often.

hehe

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

alanthejugglerdudemember
8 posts

Posted:
I can do the "W" with my tongue!

im alan, and thats my name.

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
I know this really cool party trick. Basically, I drink a colourless liquid and then I can make a big red mark in the shape of a palm appear on my cheek without touching my cheek with my hands.
It took many years of practice but at last I have perfected it. It's very cool and guaranteed to make everyone around you laugh! ;-)
Simos

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Simos:
I know this really cool party trick. Basically, I drink a colourless liquid and then I can make a big red mark in the shape of a palm appear on my cheek without touching my cheek with my hands.

How does that work then????

LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Pele about the dancing/gymnastics thing i did both as a kid and still do a bit of acrobalance and dance .

missie

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Maybe Simos means this:

perhaps when he gets drunk on vodka, rum or cheap tequila he can get a bit obnoxious, therefore aggravating someone to the extent of bitch-slapping him on the face?

I really have no clue, though. For all I know young Simos never drinks, doesn't harass people and can actually discolour his facial pores so as to look like a palm print?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

alanthejugglerdudemember
8 posts

Posted:
i can do a W 1/2( w with an extra v)

im alan, and thats my name.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I can catch my pinky finger in the slide of a pistol and nearly chop off the whole finger print!

I dont think I will be doing a repeat preformance any time soon

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
i can sit there with a lit ciggi in the hole in my right ear lobb

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
Emmm, I can't remember how it works really! All I know is that I drink a few glasses of a colourless liquid and at the end of the night when I go home I have the mark on my cheek - but it's not random, it works every single time, provided there are women around!!!
Happy Silly Tricking,
Simos

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:

The penny has just dropped- Hahahaha- I can do that one as well!!!! Only every other time as I forget about the previous encounter!!
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
High Class Hippy No:1
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
I GOT 1 THAT YOU DONT KNOW! okay this is hard to explain so bear with mee peeps. (nearly)Dr. Ginny, please try and explain this.

Okay first i lock my hands together at the back of my head. Easy, anyone can do it. But then, I pull my still locked hands down between my shoulder blades by pulling my shoulders back, kinda towards each other, and bring my blades together aswell. My chest also gets pushed forward as my spine arches, and stretches all my intercostal muscles, the ones between the ribs (see, i didn't sleep through ALL my GCSE lessons).
It looks from the front as iff my arms have vanished, and my shoulder have shrunk, Which they need to do anyway cuz they're too big. I think its cuz of my angelic prowess, and the fact they're missing at the moment.

I can also do the eyebrows, the tounge roll &U-shape, and write stuff with my feet too.
Talented me, my self esteem's gone up big time now!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
I can move my eyes independantly. My ma don't like it when I do that, she says it'll damage them.

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

Page: