Forums > Help! > fuel for night club fire spinning

Login/Join to Participate

spudmonkeyGOLD Member
55 posts

Posted:
hey need some help whats the best fuel to use for poi spinning in night clubs have been using lamop oil but some always gets on the floor and makes it real slippy funny when other people fall but not to good for me slipping round like stage is made of ice

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i don't think you will find any fuel that doesn't drip. Use a drip can to help shake off axcess fuel. then you shouldn't get as much drippage on the floor.

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
no fuel ive found will not be slippery when on the floor......

trick is not to get any on the floor! if you getting spray you have too much fuel on your wicks......

other than obvious spin offs/ squeesing wicks..... other suggestions is to put your own carpet tiles in the place of spinning, that and another suggestion is spin slowly when you first start to burn. (obviosuly still spinning off and or sqeezing wicks)

Spinnig fast staight away chucks fuel eveywhere no matter how careful you are.

My advice is go with the carpet....... its saved me loads ot times and only has to be 2m2 or so.

Good luck and be safe in those enclosed spaces smile

biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
on a similar subject i have had someone ask me how to spin wire wool safley in club as they thought it would look great on stage !! i just said that the safest way to do it would be unlit.i then went into a rant.. ooops
they have since stopped spinning as apparently its boring now. rolleyes

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
eek

amatures wink

biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
ubblol scary isn't it!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
you wanna watch out for the slipping. If you slip and you fall into someone and burn them (worst case scenario) you're liable. If they slip on your fuel and hurt them selves after you've finished because you haven't cleaned up fuel that you knew was there and was a slip hazard it stops being so funny and starts being a law suit for you.

I hope you have some PLI

Let's relight this forum ubblove

spudmonkeyGOLD Member
55 posts

Posted:
thanks for all the help ill try not to slip and crack my skull off the ground

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
The answer is, of course, white gas. Don't forget to keep your fuel , as well a fueling up and spinning off ,outside. A few burns with this stuff and you'll see why we're all so enamoured with it over on this side of the pond. No smoke, no soot, no stink,no oily residue. What more could you ask of a fuel, especially for those indoor burns.

spudmonkeyGOLD Member
55 posts

Posted:
what about wraps man will the white gas [censored] set me on fire parafin is nice and safe

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Isn't white gas more volatile than parafin?

White gasoline is simply gasoline that contains no antiknock additives ... so basicly its unleaded petrol to us peeps over here.
i could be wrong as i am not very up on my Chem knowledge but i wouldn't use it until you find out exactly what it is and get more adivice from more spinners.

you know i am sure there is an article on hop about what fule to use and what others recomend. you should go and look there.

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Maybe...that depends on you and the relationship you develop with your fuel.

But this isn't about that. it's about which fuel is the best for spinning at indoor gigs. it's up to you to educate yourself on how to properly handle this stuff, and how to spin with it.

GothFrogette, you're close, white gas is not the same as regular unleaded, but should be treated as such. It's generally more volatile than kerosene.

https://nafaa.org/mba_fire1.html

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
*pats self on back for what knowledge she had* (its been years since i did Chem) wink

hug