Forums > Other Toys > Strange, but possible, fire toy idea!

Login/Join to Participate

LilBBoySILVER Member
Discoverer of Rainbow Cheese
143 posts

Posted:
Okay, after doing martial arts for 8-9 years, I've learned how to use 6 different weapons. What if you sanded down the end of a tonfa and wrapped some kevlar around it?? That would look pretty cool. I should maybe try it! biggrin

Time does not exist. In theory, everything with a beginning has an end. Therefore, only things with an end can have a beginning. As time has no end, it has no beginning, therefore does not exist. GO PHILOSOPHY!!!
Brittle Week was the shizz!!!

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:

Shouldn't be a problem, I've modded a pair of wooden tonfa's for fire, you will require metal shrouding or alluminium tape preferable both to protect the woodwork, works surprisingly well.

mark

LilBBoySILVER Member
Discoverer of Rainbow Cheese
143 posts

Posted:
Cool! Thanks for suggestion, will try this biggrin

Time does not exist. In theory, everything with a beginning has an end. Therefore, only things with an end can have a beginning. As time has no end, it has no beginning, therefore does not exist. GO PHILOSOPHY!!!
Brittle Week was the shizz!!!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
how could you not burn your arms? confused

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:

Minor detail, long leather arm shroud / gauntlets took care of that particular shortcommming, you could probably use kevlar though, although it would probably act as a fairly efficient wick with predictable results

mark

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
whats a tonfa?

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:
A link to some images

mark

tonfa

havocangelmember
53 posts

Posted:
It's doable for sure, basically you should do it in a similar way that hardwood fire staves are made. First to fireproof the end that will be burning use copper foil flahsing (easy to get at hardware stores.) then wrap them in aluminium flahsing or tape. (also easy to get at hardware stores.) Then attach your kevlar. You probably want them to be a bit longer than normal tonfas so that you don't risk burning you're arms. Tonfas really arn't my thing but, let me know how it turns out.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I wonder if going UV for a toy like that wouldn't look cooler. Many of the tonfa work that I've seen is very close to the body. Many firey stuff tends to look good if it's outward from the body.

It's possible certainly to go firey. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
Any weapon work looks good under UV. smile

I say go for fire tho. And post some pictures! biggrin

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
ive made fire wrip nunchucks

We must stop the destruction of the planet, We need trees, not fac-trees.Otherwise the creatures of this earth will take back what is rightfully theirs.

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
yeah my friend J created some thing called a sun wheel its a 14 inch ring with handle in the middle and ten cables comeing out of the wheel each cable has a wick its crazy

the Only good way to quit smoking is to cut your arms off, but then how would you drink coffee?

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
*screams*
POLICE BRUTALITY! POLICE BRUTALITY!.... oh its on fire..... cooool...... BURNY POLICE BRUTALITY!... OUCH IT BURNS! IT BURNS!!!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
sorry fire puppy, seen one of thoes about 4 years ago in finland, its cool tho!

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

albotrossSILVER Member
52 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LilBBoy

Okay, after doing martial arts for 8-9 years, I've learned how to use 6 different weapons.

what other stuff have u learned? spank

The nite is nearly over, day is almost here. Romans 13:12