Page:
the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, i'm going for my first piercing on friday, nothing major, just a simple earlobe. What i want to know is, how long do i have to leave it before i start stretching it to get a spacer/flesh tunnel in? and how do i go about stretching it at first? i only want to go to about 5mm at the mo.
Any help/advice muchly appreciated. mwaas!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
hiya i'm currently doing the same thing. i'd let your ear heal first which takes 6 weeks. then do it slowly buying claws i'm starting with a 1.6 mm then i'll go the next size up etc. untill i get to about 6 mm.
hug

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
ummmm, google? tongue

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

2,443 posts

Posted:
thats a good idea actually. i google everything.

1,286 posts

Posted:
i have googled it mjk, i just wanted to hear other peoples experience and any extra advice.

so ner ner, ner ner ner (in playground style) tongue nana

O.B.E.S.E.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
takeyour time.. no rushing it. start off with putting extra body jewlery in he same hole. then get a nice pair of chop sticks, cut them to different lengths and get sometiney washers (so it doesn't come out* slowley (when you ear is nice and warm and stretchy from the bath) insert the chop stick bit by bit over time... it does depend on your own personal skin but they recomend 4 weeks between stretching it up a size.

i am not a profesional but thats how i did mine biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

2,443 posts

Posted:
thats helpful for me too. biggrin

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
nice one froggy.
If i were you, I'd leave the piercing for as long as possible, preferably 8 weeks or so, so it's nice and healed and not hurting or sore, then slowly slowly start stretching it. smile
Make sure it's definitely what you want to do, because once you stretch, its never the same!
I stretched my earlobe to about 10mm and changed my mind, and it took quite a while, now i have a little 3mm horn thing in. smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
my mate streched his to 48 i mean it was stupidly big now he thinks it looks ugly and theres nothing he can do about it other than pay for sergry,

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
He could always get rid of it Chopper Read style wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So at this point I would refer you to PK. See, he had big expansions in... And then reality hit and he realized that he was having trouble getting a job with expansions.

So he had to have plastic surgery to have them fixed. It was expensive, time-consuming, and not risk-free.

My medical advice on body modification is CONSIDER REVERSABILITY. Your intro says you're 20. You're male, so that's about 25% of your expected lifespan, or hopefully less. Now, do you still want those expansions there when you're 40? Are you SURE? Have you seen a 40-year-old with expansions? A 60-year-old? If you're SURE then go ahead, but having been 20 once I can say that an awful lot about me has changed in the 9 years since.

Piercings are easy to reverse. Tattos less so, but they still don't involve major structural alteration to the body. But an expansion is hard to make look right again and the process is painful, time-consuming, risky, and expensive, not to mention that it may not quite work.

So PLEASE give this some careful thought before you go through with it.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
I am currently at 0ga (8mm) and that took me about 4 months... My advice is take it slow (just google image search 'ear lobe blowout' if you want to see the consequences) and also buy some form of Vitamin E solution, (I use Palmers Scar Serum) It will make the skin more elastic and also help get rid of (to a point) the micro-scars that form by stretching the skin.

And just for doc lightning 2 gauge (6.5mm) is the general concensus for the point of no return, since idance only wants to go to 5mm (4 gauge) he should be well and truly safe if he chooses to reverse it at a later date.

I warn you though idance, once you start it's hard to stop lol... I only wanted to go to 6ga... I'm currently on 0ga and still want to go more ubbloco

PM me if you want anymore information on the subject.

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: idancelikeatwatme

i have googled it mjk, i just wanted to hear other peoples experience and any extra advice.

so ner ner, ner ner ner (in playground style) tongue nana

*kicks dirt at you and runs away* nana

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
yeah what froggy said...

after you get out of the shower so your ear's all floppy, put extra sleepers in it gradually, maybe one a week untill you have enough room to put something bigger in it, a bit of a chuppa-chup stick is a good place to start (make sure it's nice and clean of course). you can probably get tiny rubber washers from your local peircing parlor to put on the back and front to keep it in place.

Also from your peircer you can get stretching spikes, you can probably go to a 3mm from the chuppa-chp stick without too much issue. after that, go to your local op-shop and grab some plastic knitting needles, some have the mesurement in mm's on the ends, so look for those kinds in the sizes you want.

having said all that, if you wanna pay the money, go to your peircer and get them tapered, it's much safer. they'll usually go up to 2mm bigger at a time. so you could possibly go from a peircing stud (1mm) to a 3mm the first time, and to the 5mm the second.

but yeah, be careful, i've seen some nasty blowouts, they're not nice.

as for how long you should wait, personally i would say at least three months, but ask your peircer.

EDIT: Disclaimer: i am, by the way, by no means a professional peircer, i'm just going by what i watched alot of my friends do when we were in highschool, which seemed to work well enough for most of them, as they've all still got big holes in their ears.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

1,286 posts

Posted:
thanks for all the advice guys. i have put alot of thought into this piercing, the same way i did with my tattoo. My tattoo is well hidden, it was done for me, i know its there even if nobody else does. This piercing is just something i like, i'm only going to 4 or 5mm, so it will be easily reversible. As for my job, i have a steady job already, and no ammount of piercings or tattoos would be able to stop me from doing my job. There are lots and lots of people in my workplace with multiple piercings and sleeves of tattoos.
I am going to a trusted piercer for my first time, my friends have all used him for several different piercings, including private ones. they all trust him 100% so i am putting my faith in him. i may even get him to stretch it for me.

O.B.E.S.E.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
or you could just avoid stretching it and have it punched out but then there is no going back.

hug or the Doc hug

there is also a piercing thread........

[Old link]

1,286 posts

Posted:
i would definately not get it punched. I want this piercing, but everywhere i turn people are putting me off it. what's so bad abut a small flesh tunnel? i'm seriously having second thoughts about it now.

O.B.E.S.E.

1,286 posts

Posted:
i just found something pretty cool out. i can buy a fake ear plug, so it will look like i have had my ear stretched, but i will have a normal size hole. So this way i can see if i like it and really want it done, or i can just take it out and let it heal up. yay for fake piercings!

O.B.E.S.E.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
You will get this alot though. (as in people trying to put you ofF) that way you will only have it done if you really really want it done. So if you are reconsiddering it then maybe you had not put enough thought into it. The fake ones are impressive and look the just the job if ts just the look you want. for me Bod Mods are who i am.... just wish i had nough money to get everything i want. ubblol

1,286 posts

Posted:
i see what you mean, i love my tattoo, and i really want more, that tattoo is just for me. The tattoo is about who i am. i heavily considered scarification for a while, but i wanted it on my ass,and i didnt fancy the not being able to sit down for a while! body modification is different from one person to the next. some may only make very small changes, some may take it to the extremes, but every little thing is still a mod.

O.B.E.S.E.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: idancelikeatwatme

what's so bad abut a small flesh tunnel?

What's bad about it is that people are superficial and they judge you based on your appearance. Is it right? No. Is it reality? Yes.

There comes a point where practice overrides theory and you need to get a job so that you can eat and have a way to pay the rent. And when the old codger who makes a decision on who gets hired and who doesn't looks at your tunnels, that might be the deal-breaker in his head.

One of my good friends is *COVERED* in piercings. Ears, septum, alae, lips, tongue... Tatts up the wazoo, too. He works at a Wall Street firm. The piercings come out first thing in the morning and go back in when he goes home. The tatoos don't extend above the neck or beyond the wrist...so they're covered by his clothes.

Is he a sell-out? Perhaps, although no more than any other Wall Streeter. As for me, I don't have piercings (little known fact: I did have an ear piercing...I have a face that just doesn't look good with body mods).

You just have to consider the practicalities of a decision to permanently modify your body when you're 20. And as for 5mm being "the point of no return," how do you know that's the case for your own body?

I can't and won't tell you what I think you should do. In spite of the tone of my posts, I'm not trying to talk you out of it. To be crass, what the devil do I care if some dude who I'm likely to never meet stretches his lobes or not?

But I do want to make sure you've thought it through all the way because I've seen some people regret expansions and you need to know the risks and benefits.

-Mike

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
hug totally agree Doc

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

1,286 posts

Posted:
i completely get your point. i'm used to being judged all the time though, i'm bisexual, so every time i step out with a guy i get judged. i truly do appreciate your point. this is why i think i'll get a normal piercing for now and get a false plug put in until i decide otherwise.

O.B.E.S.E.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Oh, you're bi?

Are you cute? biggrin ubbangel devil wink

-Mike

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Was gonna tell you Doc, but love seeing you find out... biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

*giggle*

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
lol hug Doc ubblol took you a while sir hug

1,286 posts

Posted:
yes doc, i'm bi. i aint exactly cute, and i'm a bit of a freak in the bedroom, but i'm still a loverly person!

ubbangel

check out my myspace www.myspace.com/idancelikeatwatme

only got one foto up at the mo, more coming soon when i figure out how to make the files smaller.

O.B.E.S.E.

1,286 posts

Posted:
damn it, that link doesnt work, try this one

https://www.myspace.com/61423546

that should do the trick...oh and if you're from liverpool or around liverpool add yourself to my group 'krazyhouse poi spinners/puffs who poi'

O.B.E.S.E.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
dance, just for the record, that wasn't actually me hitting on you (and I haven't looked at your myspace yet). But the entire board would have been VERY dissapointed had I not made a quip like that. hug

-Mike

1,286 posts

Posted:
i knew u weren't hitting on me, if u had i would have run out of the forum screaming!

wink hug

O.B.E.S.E.

Page: