Page: ...
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Ok, so the deal is, weekend meet, along the Wales/England border.

Dates: 29th Sept-1st October

Location: Court Farm Campsite , Llanthony, nr. Abergavenny for a minimal fee of £2 per person per night. 4 quid!! Two pubs within walking distance and a really old priory... Court farm have said they will cordon off half the campsite for camping and spinning, but no bonfires sorry!

All other information can be found on the wiki including a list of attendees definately and maybe, please add your name as soon as possible if you're coming because i need to let the campsite know!

Wiki is at borderpatrol.wikispaces.com. And contains also a space for arranging lifts. The nearest train station is Abergavenny and it's 15mins drive, so if you come by train at all, please put it on there, you WILL need a lift!

if anyone is coming by train, can you please please please let me know beforehand what time roughly you will arrive in abergavenny, because i am less than convinced that my phone will work!

Hope to see lots of you there!

EDITED_BY: NOn (1160417265)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: gizmo2009

what date is this planned for guys?

the dates are now in the very first post also, but it's 29th Sept (Fri eve) til 1st Oct (Sunday) smile

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

NOn
Nat (yay!)
Dunc & Co
Gayle and Neal
Mike +2
Maus
Helz Bellz
Sage
Gizmo, Kim and gums (maybe a few more)

weavesmiley yay poi meets galore this year biggrin

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
well it would be rude not to i spose!

Written by:

NOn
Nat (yay!)
Dunc & Co
Gayle and Neal
Mike +2
Maus
Helz Bellz
Sage
Sketch
Pygmybabe

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:

Written by: ]
NOn
Nat (yay!)
Dunc & Co
Gayle and Neal
Mike +2
Maus
Helz Bellz
Sage
Sketch
Pygmybabe
pitman + ryan + misses
[/quote

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Is everything confirmed yet as to location?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ooh i might come to this! biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pitman

Written by:

NOn
Nat (yay!)
Dunc & Co
Gayle and Neal
Mike +Rich + Phil + Bill
Maus
Helz Bellz
Sage
Sketch
Pygmybabe
pitman + ryan + misses

Sorry for another person coming but they just got hold of me thats the final number of people. love u all

mike

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Looks interesting... and close *looks out of window*.

Would anyone find it helpful to have a wiki started for this, and someone to keep an eye on it? (I've got an admin account at the site the Falmouth wiki is on.)

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skulduggery

Is everything confirmed yet as to location?

I think so, the woman at Llanthony seems to be perfectly happy for us to spin on the campsite, it's pretty big and we get half of it. it's also near a river so whoever's on fire can jump in there...? biggrin On a more serious note, though, i reckon there should be enough space so long as everyone's careful spinning off, don't really want to ruin her grass... No bonfires though, but if anyone has an open stove/firepit that is reasonably transportable, that might be ok?

and i found out both pubs serve food, but only in the evenings, so stock up on breakfast, and extra alcomohol.

Polarity> if you can set up a wiki, it would be cool, for car lifts etc. i would also like to keep this list going here for a little while because i need to confirm numbers to the campsite (or at least get a more accurate idea about them). It could also be useful to find out who might come by train as they'd have to get to abergavenny and be picked up from there...

but there's no hurry on that, for now i just need numbers, so add your name to the list as a definate or you can be a maybe if you want to come cheers thankyou please with a cherry on top smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ok then put me down as a maybe.

People attending

NOn

Nat (yay!)

Dunc & Co

Gayle and Neal

Mike +Rich + Phil + Bill

Maus

Helz Bellz

Sage

Sketch

Pygmybabe

pitman + ryan + misses

Maybes

Skully

1,643 posts

Posted:
in case anyone is curious, this map gives you a fairly accurate representation of the size of the place. So there isn't much there, but it's darn pretty and you can all survive perfectly well for two nights. Location wise, everything to the right of the yellow line is England, so i couldn't get much closer to the border if i tried smile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
People attending

NOn
Nat (yay!)
Dunc & Co
Gayle and Neal
Mike +Rich + Phil + Bill
Maus
Helz Bellz
Sage
Sketch
Pygmybabe
pitman + ryan + misses

Maybes

Skully
Strugz

Im not sure, as im going to falmouth, then bristol........ i certanly cant take 2 weeks off work - but we will see smile

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I've moved the attendance list to the wiki, (which is at borderpatrol.wikispaces.com), to save problems with the list getting out of order from people posting close too each other, or quoting old versions(At least this isn't the Fal4 thread, I had to read through about 50 pages to get an accurate attendance list for that).

It also makes it easier to keep track of who needs lifts/pickups from the station.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

1,643 posts

Posted:
what a star! cheers polarity, now that's organisation! I'll put the wiki link in the first post also biggrin hug

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Hopefully I'll be going as well, but I'll have to see what my finances are like a bit nearer the time.
I'll add myself to the wiki list when I can work out how wink

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Have we got times that we're all going to meet up on the friday, and when we're disappearing on the sunday?

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:

add me to the list please some one and put my girlfriend under a maybe.thank you.

to many freaks to little circuses!

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Tis done. smile

1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: buggleberry_fairy

Have we got times that we're all going to meet up on the friday, and when we're disappearing on the sunday?

...after work... and when we feel like it....

1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NOn

***wi-wi-wi wickedy wiki***

please add your name if you are a definately or just a maybe, so's i can get the nice lady at llanthony some numerical value for the quantity of invaders...

***update 2 update 2 update 2***

contacted both the bullshead campsite and court farm at llanthony, and here's the deal...

Of course they would both love to have loads of people camping there, but:

Bullshead (i.e. the pub) says they can't think of anywhere nearby where we can spin fire as they don't ave insurance for it on the campsite, so it may require some sort of scout to go visit, and find a spot. £5 per tent, per night.

Court Farm at Llanthony, which is not far away from 2 pubs (albeit fairly small ones) says they can cordon off half the campsite for us to camp and spin. Llanthony's not big, we'd be like 100m from the priory, 500m from the pub, but the bunkhouse is already booked out so bang goes that idea. camping is £2pp, per night. I don't know if either of the pubs do food, but there is also a tea room that does cream teas, and i'm hoping it will be open... nevertheless it's only 15mins from abergavenny, i'm sure we can get supplies in for 2 nights...

verdict?

I'm swaying llanthonywards....

***end update***

***Update hear ye hear ye!!***
Dates most definately decided as being the last weekend of September. 30/09 & 01/10, i repeat for those hard of hearing or with a strange concept of time... the thirtieth of september and first of october, 30th Sept & 1st Oct!!

Hope that's clear enough for everybody biggrin (not the beginning!):D biggrin

location still to be confirmed...

***end update***

Here's a speculative idea for those HoPpers in the Wales/Bristolly/Herefordshirey areas... A meet, somewhere along the border, location to be confirmed, date to be confirmed, and length of time to be confirmed. But was wondering how many people would be interested.

I was thinking more of a modest weekend event, fri eve, sat and sunday, than an epic five day weekender, and chose this particular location because i reckon it wouldn't be too far to travel for people from all the above listed areas...

The location... I might need some help on, but i was thinking somewhere along Offas Dyke (Black Mountains border) or perhaps more down towards the Forest of Dean area... and some time late summer to early autumn, when it will be very pretty smile

If anyone's up for this as an idea, please post, if anyone has a good suggestion of somewhere to go, definately please post, and if anyone had a good suggestion for an appropriate weekend please post also... then basically i need someone to organise it.... biggrin ubblol

I don't know if it would be possible to get near this place but i know that in the past i have definately both camped there, got hypothermia there on DofE, and stayed comfortably in a converted barn... But where it is to be, it'd largely depend on the who's, when's and how many's involved.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Non is it possible to have the first post ammended so all it says is the place/date of the meet and the wikki link. All the update bits are irrelevant now the venue has been decided upon and anyone not wishing to read through the whole thread might find the first post a bit confusing. I know I did.

hug

1,643 posts

Posted:
yeah that's what i tried to do, but i just noticed it's right there, which means i buggered it up ubblol sorry, bit sleepy yesterday...

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I've added myself to the lsit- I might need some tent space though?? smile

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
chutney i should have my new tent by then if i have your more than welcome to kip there

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Very kind mate, thanks for the offer smile I'll catch up with you closer to the time re the details biggrin

Cheers biggrin

172 posts

Posted:
its been over a week since the last post, and under 2 months till this is happening, and its on page three...so im boosting it back up incase anyone else wants to join...but cant be bothered to read that far down lol

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
he he its going to be great i cant wait.. hould have my new toys then to... anyone do anything other then poi

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i will be doing poi, hat, diabolo, little bit of cj a bit of juggling and anything else i can learn to show off with

172 posts

Posted:
ooooo does that mean that if you lot are bringing other toys you can teach me a bit - would be awesome to do some various things. pwetty pweeze! i once got into diablo and stupidly bought a wooden one...lets just say it didnt work out - make a fantastic drag-along-the-mud toy though lol

1,643 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, good call bug. I should really get back to the campsite on numbers, so I know there's still a couple of months but if people can also post on the wiki their probable lift requirements, we may need a couple of shuttle bus volunteers for station pick ups smile

Page: ...