Forums > Videos > Corey's First Fire Video

Login/Join to Participate

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone. My girlfriend made her first poi video the other night and we just got it online. If you have any comments or critiques she would love to hear them.

https://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=743841109&n=2

smile

Peace, Love, Circles

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Fun stuff, Rovo smile. Now, you mention this is her first vid, but don't mention how long she's been spinning. Knowing her experience level would likely affect any critique.

Anyways, my thoughts are:
Nice body movements and use of area. I'm one of those folks that likes to see more than just the poi moving around. The main thing I'd work on is variety. Through most of the vid, we see repitions of mostly the same move, all done same direction and at mostly the same tempo. Changing up tempo and direction, along with the body movement, would go a long way in making the watching of the vid even better.

All of that was basically addressed towards the end of the vid, which was the part I really enjoyed, but it was less than 1/5th of the entirety of the vid frown.

Thanks for sharing, give us more smile.
Oh, and nice longarm pirouettes! Gah, I wish I could do that :P.

Peace,
- Sui

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
Hey, this is corey. Thank you so much for watching and commenting. I really liked everything you said. I think for my next video I will use much more danceing and also switch it up much more. I want to tell you that I was wearing a dance costume made of material that doesnt burn, but melts. It was kinda scary, and needless to say I wont be doing that again. I have to invest in a new fire costume.....something cool looking but also functional. Ive been spinning for like a year and a half. I cant wait to show you my next video. If you would please, let me know what you think of that one when it comes up.

Thanks alot, Cors

Peace, Love, Circles

brokenxsmilenewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Rovo...remember the girl you were talking to on the SU campus...the one with redish hair.*waves* yep its me.

I know I can stop the pain if I will it all away...but is that what I want?
So give me all your poison
And give me all your pills
And give me all your hopeless hearts
And make me ill