Forums > Social Chat > The "that doesnt make sense!" thread

Login/Join to Participate

the_poierSILVER Member
the 1337 poier
346 posts

Posted:
Well in the past few days i have been thinking more and more about things that dont make sense but people dont think about it such as that woolwich advert with the people who claim they have been in jamaica for 15 years honeymooning but 1. You cant get 15 year passports and 2. If you were in Jamaica for 15 years you would have a Jamaican passport and so it really doesnt make sense! and aswell i was telling a joke to my friends yesterday (A man walks into a bar with a newt on his shoulder, goes upto the bar and says "a pint of beer for me and half a pint for my pet here tiny," and the bar man asks why he is called tiny and the man says "because hes my-newt (minute),") when my friend who has heard it before says that i have told it wrong and that a man walks into a bar with a lizard on his shoulder but if there is a lizard on his shoulder than the whole punchline doesnt make sense and the thing on his shoulder really isnt his newt its his lizard and so the joke really isnt atall funny (well its not that funny anyway) so i was wondering what other things like this have people thought about? biggrin
EDITED_BY: the_poier (1147198127)

ive got a fuzzbox and im not afraid to use it
R.I.P. gayfest

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
"salamander" should work as a generic for newt. maybe both of you had it wrong? biggrin

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
the world wouldnt be so much fun if every thing made sence

life is what you make it and what you want it to be

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
i thought a newt was a kind of lizard? surely that would be funnier....jokes are better when you have to work it out for yourself.

but yeah...why make sense? loads of things are wildly funny & entertaining if you don't try to apply common sense, but as soon as you do it all seems a little bit dissapointing.

less persnicking and more fun i say!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
 Written by: shoshanah

the world wouldnt be so much fun if every thing made sence

but isn't is also true that the world makes as much sense as you can make of it? that "sensicalness" and "nonsensicalness" are entirely in the eye of the beholder and that if something actually didn't make any sense at all (in the universal sense, not the same as making proper "common-sense") you probably wouldn't be able to even comprehend that you were sensing it? [think cthulu] and therefore it would always appear as something else that does make sense...

and i'd even bet that the majority of people being ignorant of the differences between lizards and newts would make sense if you've ever had to suffer through a govt. sponsored education system... wink

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
Thanks rave head pm bk to ya hun

life is what you make it and what you want it to be

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
nothing makes cents... and I'm afraid of change. so you can keep that nickle.

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jaero

nothing makes cents... and I'm afraid of change. so you can keep that nickle.

nickle's are cheap now that they're not made of nikel. in the US, zinc prices are currently such that it costs ~1.4 cents to make and distribute a single new US penny. and they're still making them! how little sense does that make?! lol.

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
loads of things don't make any sense to me...

why is abbreviation such a long word?
why is dyslexia so hard to spell?
why has lisp got an 's' in it?
why do you only ever see one shoe or glove laying in the road?
who are the 'guide dogs only' signs for?
why do people order an extra large big mac meal and double bacon cheeseburger with a diet coke?

I'm going to write a book one day called 'Things to Keep You Awake at Night'

ubbloco

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done