Forums > Social Chat > What the hell do i name my kitten?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
KTmember
54 posts

Posted:
I have a nameless kitten (he's so bloody adorable, hes black with a wee white tip on his tail)Help i need a name, whats a kitten without a name, poor wee thing he has no identity!So, any ideas? what would i do without u guys? smile PeaceKT

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
dont ask me - I named my kitten after the Trance act I was seeing the same weekend I decided to keep him.my Cat's name is;AtmosakaChookyakaAtmosisI think you should call your cat....Dakini.or Shpongle...Josh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
what about Bleep? (ala Josie and the Pussycats)Josh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
what about Bleep? (ala Josie and the Pussycats)Josh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Oh, yes, I had a nameless cat for many years. Well, I named her Marinda. It never really took. I called her Cat. My mother was hanging out with her once and while the cat was giving her little wet-nose kisses, she exclaimed, "She's so sweetie!" That's her name, duh, I thought. So her name was Sweetie and that's how she revealed it. Don't worry about naming the creature right away. Personally, I'm fond of formal names for animals. I had a friend with a cat named Louis. He wasn't a Lou or a Louie. He was Louis. So I like Sebastian, Sylvester, Bartholemew. You can always go to babynames.com or babynamer.com for ideas. Congrats on the new feline. Diana

Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
Steve.

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
I tend to go for mythical hunters / huntresses as cat names.Nimrod, Orion, Artemis, Diana. All perfect names for a sweet, affectionate, fluffy finely honed killing machine.mikeyB

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
FireBall...or HairBall....or just Bob. grin

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
grin I like bob.I had a hampster named takooi after the large bird pet thing that the girl in 3X3 eyes had.I always thought that was a cool name.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
I'm all for just letting the pet figure out what their own name is. My dog was originally named Tori, but ended up answering to Mama. Tori was just the name I put on her papers until she figured out who she was. Once she started herding children and adults alike into what she considered to be "safe conditions"... She made herself clear.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Im with Pele...i was going to say Fireball too. Im good at this, ill come up with something for ya..Firefly, Stumpy, Pepe,joe, Spartacus, Nebucanezzer, Hetcliff, Jerry, Michelangelo, Nepolean, Duncan, Sprite, Elmer, Garfield, Amadeus, Choi, Mufasa, Rasputin, Shaggy, Capernicus, Shasta, Oreo, Crumbs, Frog, Griffen...and my favrotie Mr. Bojangles.Or you can go with something like Wonder Puss.Or name it after your favorite POI move..Corkscrew, butterfly, mexican wave.Or go the easy route & just issue it a number.5, or inmate 4691.We just called ours Cat. Then again our dog is named Scrappy after Scrappy-doo, Scooby's nephew. Super'P.S. let us know...------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Dr.NoodleHeadBRONZE Member
170 posts

Posted:
How about Fido or Dobbin? Although I s'pose might give the teeny beastie an identity problem.My mate called his "B*****d" - just to get a rise out of his neighbours when he called it in for its dinner wink. Depends how much you like your neighbours......Alternatively, you could go on a vision quest and wait for the cat's true name to find you.Give the little cutie a cuddle from meNoods

Fish are just like trees except they move and they're invisible

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
how bout butchor sploogeor driven (i dunno thats just what came to mind)or how about damnit (then you could say "DANMIT, get off my clean clothes!!") i actually knew a cat named damnitor mofoor how bout cleavagei knew a cat once named booty what about that??what about tang? i like that one.DRAKEkatafunk@hotmail.comwww.geocities.com/katafunk

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
How about "Whitey"just to add a touch of confusion and a hint of irony to the situation.peace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Let us name your cat!

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
name it "Go Away", so you can say "come here, go away! come here!"or name it puppy. puppy is a good name for a cat.

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
or the ever so popular cat name....."Dog Food".....name it Smithers, after the dude from the simpson's....OR HOMER!! thats a cool name for any animal.Name it "DOH!" but you can only call it in a Homer Simpson voice..Come here "DOH!"hee hee..i kill myself..Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
OK, I nominate Muwaffa, after the man at my company who coined the phrase, "It's all about love."

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
some formal names:winstonalfredquintin (not sure if thats spelled right)samuelsome cosmic names wink:saturnstarvenusmercury (pretty much any planet name will do)moon beamspace man spiff (calvin & hobbes)phase variancespectral analysisplasma conduit (or any equipment name off of star trek)other fun names:sprocketradio billwindexajax (or any other every day product)jimmy june bugdick cheaney (dont know how to spell it)bill clintonal goregeorge bush (or any other politician)if you have any brothers or sisters, name it that, then you can talk to the cat and confuse everyone. like if you had a brother named john you could say: "dangit john, stop peeing on the carpet" if john's (the person)gf is over, it could be particularly interesting.hope that helps smile

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I had a black lab named Kitten once so that when I called her back to me at the park everyone would look at me like i was nuts when I called "Here Kitty, Kitty" and she came bounding at me with tongue hanging out!My friend also named his dog "Dee-Oh-Gee"get it? D-O-G? Cute huh? My sister's cat is C'mere. smileWhat about Torch?Looking back over the other posts, we are so funny!!! grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
You could call it ceefer u know c for cat well i think its a good name anyway good luck with it.

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

KTmember
54 posts

Posted:
You guys are brilliant, but none of those names jumped out at me, but very amusing some of them. one of my friends told me to call it 'number 37 with rice' but thats just not on is it? hehe. Oh well i'll keep thinking bout it' THANKS GUYS you're great and amusing heheHAHA i had a dog called sprocket redbrother smile

KTmember
54 posts

Posted:
Ok im getting desperate for a name now, nothings jumped out at me yet, im too damn fussy. I could call him bugger, after the bugger ad to those who know it. nahi know who ever comes up with the best name wins something. (they can win the satisfaction of naming my kitty) hehepeace and thanx

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
hey pele, apparently one of my friend's dogs is named diogi....D-O-Ghaha how funnyDRAKEkatafunk@hotmail.comwww.geocities.com/katafunk

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
Diana, it's really funny, i had a cat named CAT once grin i guess it's just goes to show how undecisive we both are hahaha smileSimos

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
how about Malcolm??? ;-) it's an excellent name!!! grinSimos

KTmember
54 posts

Posted:
haha someones trying to earn brownie points smile (j/k)no, my cats not a malcolm hes more of a something else that i cant figure outPeaceKT

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
spliff, doobie, rizzler, tally, drum, piper, chillum, catski, powder, crunch, gondola, tide, roll, trip, bunny, head, meow, eccy, angel, dust...no, I don't take drugs. wink

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
what about Moustafa? smileJosh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
orwell, huxley, blake, kafka, franz, bill, kokoda, galapogus (spelling?), ginsberg, gaines, keourac (spelling?), kiki, cloakey, simonelli-nuova, orsen, gaint-brazillian-acquatic-centipede.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
OK, describe the creature. Give us a little more to go on.

Page: