Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So I heard this crazy rumor that Americans (and Canadians) are the only peanut butter lovers in the world.

Is this true? Brits? Aussies? Kiwis? Anyone else? Do you guys like peanut butter?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
we have three pots of pb open in our house at the moment - one to suit every mood smile

skippy super crunch (for a us-style peanut extravaganza)
sun pat super smooth (for thin layers on toast or big dollops on a finger)
some badass organic stuff (for when you want to feel good about eating peanut butter)

the evil kitkat makers have tried to draw me in once again with their peanut butter version of the kitkat chunky...

damn them and their tasty snacks!

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I have: -

Wholefoods Whole Nut PB
Freshly Ground PB from the local healthfood market
Meridian Foods Smooth Wholenut
and cheapass 'Captain Peanut Butter' from Lidl

as you say - one for every mood...

I try to avoid the ones containing hydrogenated vegetable oil but mum did buy some Skippy and I have to admit it is nice but wouldn't be buying it again (same reason I won't buy Sun Pat)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rozi

I would just like to point out that over here, Jif is a very creamy cleaning liquid for bathrooms & kitchens & stuff. Does it really taste all that great on bread?

Written by: Doc Lightning

Jif here is a very creamy, disgusting, sweetened, ultra-processed peanut butter with an ingredient list a mile long and with ingredients that even I can't pronounce (polyethyl para-what?).

So we've concluded that Jif is actually a cream-like substance used for cleaning stoves, and american's are just so used to eating chemicals that they can't tell the differance between that and peanut butter?

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Actually over here the aforementioned cleaning product is now called 'Cif' to avoid confusion with Jif - a brand of lemon or lemon juice...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

skippy super crunch (for a us-style peanut extravaganza)
sun pat super smooth (for thin layers on toast or big dollops on a finger)
some badass organic stuff (for when you want to feel good about eating peanut butter)

eek now that's just weird, that's EXACLTY what I have too. Skippy's in the big 750ml tub cuz they're the only ones who do it in that size, sun pat crunchy cuz it rocks and wholesome 100% organic stuff that George picked up from a food fair. It's sooo think and dry and beautiful and all the oil seperates itself on top ubblove That's for special occaisions, sometimes I top up the oil with different flavoured oils for a slightly alyernative taste. biggrin

Neon, on the whole choking thing, yeah me to dude. I like it when it's all stuck in the top of your mouth and it just won't come out, no matter how hard you suck it's still there until finally it releases it's hold on your gums and sinks merilly onto your tongue....mmmmm.... ubblove

Let's relight this forum ubblove

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Noooo! I really want some peanut butter now but I'm not allowed (something to do with allergies) frown

I may have to go get some hazelnut or cashewnut butter to ease my craving...but it wont be the same. They're not crunchy either. I only use smooth when I'm cooking a satay....mmmm satay....I can't have that either frown

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc

Neon, on the whole choking thing, yeah me to dude.ubblove

eek i worry about you dunc wink ubblol

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
Love peanut butter, but I cant have it plain an a sandwich coz it sticks to the roof of my mouth and I cant swallow it, but love it though...

I had some Reeses peanut butter cups in the US and they were ubblove

Chocolate and peanut butter, what more could you ask for?

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Good to see I'm not the only one who seems to have an 'almost choking on peanut butter' fetish... biggrin

Written by: misscorinthian

I may have to go get some hazelnut or cashewnut butter to ease my craving...but it wont be the same. They're not crunchy either. I only use smooth when I'm cooking a satay....mmmm satay....I can't have that either frown

No Misscorinthian. They're completely different. Cashewnut butter is absolutely gorgeous. Slightly naturally sweeter and creamier than peanutbutter... Different but just as good if not better. Hazelnut butter not so much but it does evoke a taste of chocolate without having chocolate because your palette remembers its flavour in pralines, hazelnut chocolate & spreads etc.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: JonnyRok

I had some Reeses peanut butter cups in the US and they were ubblove

That stuff equals teh sex! biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I love peanut butter. I'm eating some on toast right now biggrin

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Written by: misscorinthian

No Misscorinthian. They're completely different. Cashewnut butter is absolutely gorgeous. Slightly naturally sweeter and creamier than peanutbutter... Different but just as good if not better. Hazelnut butter not so much but it does evoke a taste of chocolate without having chocolate because your palette remembers its flavour in pralines, hazelnut chocolate & spreads etc.

I do agree Dave, but when you have a craving for peanuts, even a superior butter of a different nut will just not be good enough. Unfortunately, no other nut tastes quite like a peanut. This is a bugger, as I can eat any other damn nut I like.

Reeses peanut butter cups! *droooooooool* I think I will have to stay away from this thread for quite a while.

*goes off to search in vain for a peanut substitute*

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

ThePissedHippieBRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
lol not not every american likes penut butter lol eek lol my gurl hates the stuff lol she was eating it off a spoon and it got stuk in her throat lol she had to go to the hospital .. the morale of the story...JIFFY KILLS!!!!LOL
o and btw shes still alive..
J

"tis not the dark i fear, but the creatures that lurk within it"

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
argh damnit I am bereft of butter of the peanut persuasion. This thread is evil!

considering an hour long walk to the 24h supermarket...

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
do it...

Go on. It'll burn of the calories you'll gain from eating it (it's good calories though)

*Hopes Geoff doesn't know that 24 hour supermarkets are closed after 5pm on Sundays.... biggrin )

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
Peanut Butter = EWWWWW!!! tongue

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
eek eek eek eek

don't you know a peanut butter fairy loses a wing every time someone says that??? Just think of those poor fairies helplessly flying in circles because of you!!!!!

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Peanut Butter. A life of experimentation Part 1:

Ingredients:
One tub of crunchy
One block of medium to well matured chedder or other stiff tasty cheese variety
Equipment:
A butter knife
A saucer

Method
Remove the jar of the peanut butter, (should it be a mass produced type you will likely have to burst the foil seal) then take the butter knife and remove a generous portion.
Wipe the Peanut Butter filled knife along the saucer leaving the generous portion looking like the west side of the wrekin.
Grab the cheese and whip off the corner with the butter knife, it's ok even kids can't cut themselves with a butter knife wink
With your corner of cheese gently stab and push through the Peanut Butter. This action produces a nice sized globule on the cheese.
Move cheese to mouth area, open mouth, place cheese on tonue and enjoy.

You can chew or suck or perhaps try the hybrid check or shew. Mixing both methods in the order you prefer.
Keep removing corners of cheese until you are either full or out of cheese/peanut butter

*Health Warning*.....Excessive Peanut Butter portions can cause choking especially when inexperienced users get carried away with the lovely flavours erupting in their mouth. If this should happen, just relax and let the heat of your throat and your personal brand of spittle turn the almost deathly lump of ground nuts into the wonderful pleasurous gooey mass of it's true potential.

Part two coming soon...how to mix Peanut Butter successfuly with crisps (sorry Potata Chiips)

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
peanut butter is gorgeous. peanut butter cups, peanut butter and jam sandwiches, peanut butter and chocolate spread on toast, peanut butter straight from the jar ubblove ubblove ubblove
*is now really hugry* now were has that jar gone?

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
What no hydrogenated vegetable oil neon? Oh go on treat yourself lol

I love peanut butter too, its my all time favouite food but I limit it so I dont loose the like for the taste. I once ate too many sun flower seads, throwing back mouth fulls of the stuff but it made me feel ill and since then the smell of them makes me sick

Peanut better is amazing though. I like it smooth on bread, with no butter or drink so it sucks all the moisture out of my throat and sticks to the roof of my mouth. then I have to swallow it 3 times before it slowly slides down into my stomach - Every second is exquisite extacy

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
It's heartening to see that it's more than a few people who like the whole 'nearly choking to death' aspect of peanut butter. It'll save me a lot on psychiatry bills...

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol you know what, I also like the buzz I get from a type of red whine ive never tried. Alot of red wines contain a chemical that couses (either wind pipe, or alvioli however the spell it) to close/constrict. For me though its allways just been for a few seconds then it normals itself out. It gets the adrenaline pumping

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Page: