Forums > Other Toys > EXTREME JUGGLING (new 'best trick competition' @ the ija)

Login/Join to Participate

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
biggrin www.xjuggling.com

a chance to see db97531 caught on stage?

it actually sounds like a pretty good idea! :juggle

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Thomas Dietz does db97531 back into the pattern and a clean finish on video #6, at the end.

I think it's an interesting idea. It might promote more "Instant Jugglers" as Jay Gilligan once mentioned - people just flashing 11 balls and insanely hard tricks, and not actually becoming decent jugglers...

Willy - is bad for your health...

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
he does indeed - that's the first place i ever saw it on video smile

imagine what the reaction would be like if someone caught it on stage, with only a minute to get it in, in front of loads of other jugglers eek

i reckon anyone who can flash 11 balls has to be a fairly decent juggler and i don't see much wrong with it - they're just not very well-rounded but then again, nor am i ubbangel

there's a massive role that the internet plays in the instant juggler phenomenon in that an instant juggler only ever has to catch a trick once and get it on video and they can then put that video online under the pretence that the trick is solid.

in this competition, they will have to do a really hard trick but are given only a minute to do it in - i think that should weed out the instants from the percolated brews smile

a competition like this means that you don't just get to see the stuff that the top jugglers can do every time (which is what the current competitions encourage both ija and even moreso in the wjf).

with this comp, you get to see the tricks that jugglers they only have a consistency of 1 in 10 or so, which could be really exciting.

it could bring the stuff that you only ever see in videos (or in practice halls in conventions if you are lucky) into the live arena which rocks.

if anyone has ever seen tony hawks nailing that 900 at the x-games vert best trick or shaun white going for 1080's will know what a thrill it is to watch the best in the game trying to pull out the hardest thing they can do in front of a crowd.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood