Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
sweet.

call me stupid *awaits obvious remark wink *

but I can' find a list of workshops for play yet.
I REALLY want o learn some yo-yo and am willing to help in workshops if not lead one.

tickets paid for and DVD just awaiting the pos man so I can watch it to get in the mood for this year.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
You can look at the workshops and event page or the forum for some workshops, we will publish a full list soon though smile

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
cheers buddy. *prays for yo-yo's... and stilt-walking workshop if his car's not full biggrin *

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
stilt woalking is a goer. Hopefully yo-yo is too.

That bubble guy is a yankee doodle dandy, we can't afford his air fair frown

My favourite quote from his page when describing bubbles:
"The yin yang bubble is a double bubble; a smoke bubble inside of a clear bubble and a clear bubble inside of a smoke bubble, it's my most difficult trick ... to say."

ubblol

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
maybe you can get him next year Dunc... spend all those 45 pences you haven't paid to paypal on getting him

hug

Meh

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
paypal take them before you even see the money frown and I wish it was only 45p

ubbidea Maybe we can get Meg to kidnap him while she's out there?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
They only charge me 45p. But then I'm a registered user. Not like you fly-by-night businesses tongue

Un-registered account, honestly....

Meh

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
College assessmant - 9 o'clock on thursday the 22nd! I shall be in Shropshire by four biggrin biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i thought there was a british bubble guy who attempted some record lately? i thought i saw him at the bubble stall at kingston green yesterday?
confused

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Yup...he was on Blue Peter or sumfink wasn't he? confused

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Could i possibly please have a lift from someone pretty please!!! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Vixen, try:

https://www.playfestival.co.uk/wiki/lift_share

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Just ordered my ticket and dvd biggrin

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Hampden Park depart 10.00
London Victoria arrive 11.27
depart 11.27

(I fail to see how I can get off the platform and onto the tube in 0.00 seconds rolleyes)

London Euston arrive 12.10
depart 12.10

(Once again, I'll have to use my time warp machine..)

Birmingham New Street arrive 13.41
depart 13.57

Wellington arrive 14.50

I can do that train journy by myself can't I? *worried looks*

bounce bounce bounce

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
https://www.poshwashshowers.co.uk/

Written by:

Grey water usually goes into an onsite soak away but tanks can be provided at an extra cost.

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Suggestion for dealing with grey water here (11th post down). Could be done in larger container and water siphoned in, would need to check filtered water met organic standards though.

Also for food, try this guy. He doesn't do catering (unless he's added that since I last spoke to him - quite possible knowing Martin) but does amazing fruit leathers, and has been developing kits for veggie chilli and such like with his own smoked chillis and garlic and things. Also fabulous jerked meats. He's also totally bonkers. Dunno if he's busy that weekend, there is one event on he might be going to but he can cope with more than one at a time.
(Website doesn't list all his products, he's probably been too busy inventing weird combinations of stuff to update it. rolleyes)

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

KITTENS!!!!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Aimée

(I fail to see how I can get off the platform and onto the tube in 0.00 seconds rolleyes)

They do this cos there isn't a schedule for the tube so they just expect a train to be waiting for you

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: garthy

https://www.poshwashshowers.co.uk/

Written by: ] Grey water usually goes into an onsite soak away but tanks can be provided at an extra cost. [/quote

Garthy....you truly are a god!! ubblol

Can you get one fitted in the back of your van!? wink

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Garthy and KatP, thanks smile We're not going to have them this year as we have the showers sorted, but I will look at it next year.

Tanks cost a lot of money, and we don't have a soak away area at all. The land owners don't want us to mess it up too much so we ca't build anything either. We wanted to have compost loos and green showers, but we're not allowed ( I know, it's a massive pain).

If we stick with this venue and they like us (and the farm doesn't get sold...) then we will try to get some proper showers and loos up and running (maybe with some pre-play weekends for everyone to meet up and help build them) but as it is, we're stuck with what we have.

I would really be amazed if people had a problem with getting a bus a mile down the road in order to have a proper swimming pool shower, when the event is only 5 days long.

hug

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Don't think anyone will have a problem at all hun.

Hell I've been to festivals where they havn't had any showers at all, so the fact that you've managed to sort out anything for us is just plain lovely!

And to be honest I'm just excited about riding on the PLAY bus! bounce

Thanks guys!

biggrin hug kiss

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Given that I'll be spending the previous weekend and the weekend a fortnight later in a field full of stinky men in armour I'm really not at all bothered about showers - nobody will smell as bad as a Tewkesbury re-enactors! In comparison you'll all smell like roses ubblol
(Especially last year when the man with the wood burning sstove showers and sauna and the magic hat wasn't there)

Has somebody warned the local pool yet. ubbloco

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

KITTENS!!!!

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Well I'll be at Kentwell Hall the week after - I'm sure we could have a re-enactor smell off wink

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
hey, i want to know what's the weather like that time of year over there? cuz right now i checked and it's like 15 degrees... will it be hotter by the end of june (i assume that it will... but it's better to ask)
and did you get a caterer yet?
oh and right now im going with my dad and a few friends (like 2 or 3)
can anyone tell me a site where i can find out a train route from manchester airport to PLAY?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Poiboy, you never can tell with the weather in this country hun, but we hope it will be warmer and sunny sunny

As for travelling by train THIS SITE can help you. You can buy advanced tickets if you know the exact times you will want to be travelling and the tickets will cost you less. Only thing is you have to travel on the train time you book or the tickets are void. When you get to Wellington Train Station there is a Bus from the station to the site layed on by the festival called the Play Bus.

See you there! bounce

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Arn't there a lot of people in manchester coming? It might be worth posting on the lift share wiki to see if they have a bus planned or something.

hug

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I did suggest that Sym but people seem quite content to go on the train...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

KieronGOLD Member
232 posts

Posted:
Aimee, I did basically the same last time by myself. I'm sure you could manage fine if I could wink

Of course I'll try pointing out that I'm doing exactly the same journey as you at the same time as you next time you're on MSN and hope you'll draw the conclusion I'm hoping for tongue

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'm just waiting to see if my girlfriend and housemate are both coming. I may have spare seats from manc. I'll be getting ticketted up this week some time.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Kieron

Aimee, I did basically the same last time by myself. I'm sure you could manage fine if I could wink

Of course I'll try pointing out that I'm doing exactly the same journey as you at the same time as you next time you're on MSN and hope you'll draw the conclusion I'm hoping for tongue

Want to go up together? ubblol

I have assessmant at college though in in the morning, so you'll have to meet me at Hampden Park station?
Anyway...MSN-aroonie biggrin

KieronGOLD Member
232 posts

Posted:
Yes tongue

I'm sure I can manage to meet you there.

hmmm, I don't think my tents been opened in a while...I should check it in case it needs replacing. It still has scribble on the front from reading.

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

Page: ......