Forums > Social Chat > HELP! Funny stories desperately needed for hospitalised friend!

Login/Join to Participate

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
I'm going to be a little bit cheeky, because there are a number of existing threads that can help me out - and believe me I'm trawling my way through them - but I'm going to try and enlist your help anyway!

A very good friend of mine was on a snowboarding holiday by herself in France, and unfortunately on the last day of her trip she had a bad fall and managed to shatter her foot - well, bits of it, anyway. She is currently in a french hospital, all by herself, and too doped up on pain medication to read. Needless to say she's completely bored out of her skull!

Now I've topped up my Skype credit, so my plan is to call her at regular intervals every day until she can fly home and read her funny stories (the hospital front desk is just going to love me smile).

So please, give me your funniest stories!! Things that have happened to you, things that have happened to your friends, things you've been sent by e-mail or found on the internet. Crude and funny is fine too, but pm it to me if it's not for the whole family smile The longer the better as it will eat up more of her very empty hours!

Tanks in advance smile

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear about your friend its no fun to be in that situation, thier lucky to have a friend like you to help them out
check out the darwin awards site it has massive amounts of stories that crack me up!!!! biggrin

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I hope it wasn't the same girl who broke her nose when I was there while spinning her staff on the beach!! :o (I forget her name, and how to spell it....)

But that was an amusing story you can tell her tongue You remember how it goes, I'm sure!!

hug

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ok so i had a night of drunken debauchery last friday. twas quite fun, and a rather amusing story came out of it, so feel free to pass this on to your friend (well at least i found it hilarious)

ok, so last night was fun. definately one of the best nights i've had in a long time. i forgot what it was like to just hang out with good friends, old friends who have known you for what seems like forever. i miss that kind of company. we drank, we laughed, we drank, we sang, we drank, we took silly pictures of each other, we drank, we danced. oh, and we drank some more. i have no clue how much i drank last night but it was a [censored] lot. i never even saw the bill, somehow it got whisked away by someone in the group at every turn. we were at this irish pub where an irish cover band plays every friday night. it's one of those places where everyone knows the songs, you sing....or once you're drunk enough....scream along to the words. i think i've lost my voice actually. our server, eric, freaking rocks....he drank a few shots with us throughout the night. lol.

ya, so, ok....funny story. we're sitting there, talking about how there's a decent amount of cute guys there, i pointed out a hottie standing behind kim. so kim, being who she is (LMAO i love her, she rocks!) says, "want me to talk to him?" not that she was expecting any sort of answer, cause she immediately turns around and pulls him over, introduces herself and then introduces me. he introduces himself as "mike," and i figure i don't really care enough to be shy, so i tell him we were admiring how cute he was. kim tries to get him to stay and chat, he makes up some lame excuses about liking where he was standng, and then if he wasn't already lame enough in his feeble attempts to say no thanks, his buddy comes up and says, "hey adam...." i freaking got fake named!!! ok honestly, i was already well on my way to drunkenness, and given the fact he completely botched up his attempt to be slick, that was freaking funny. kim dismisses him, and we proceed to laugh and become indignant about getting fake named. but the fun doesn't stop there....

so a little later, he moves and ends up standing at this table RIGHT behind me.....like we were back to back practically. (here's where we become *that* table LMAO) so kim starts taking one of the finished drinks on the table and starts flicking little bits of melted ice at the back of his head. we were drunk, we knew what he did was funny, we were having a good time. so this goes on, she starts telling me when he's not looking and i start doing it too over my shoulder. the look on his face was hysterical every time he'd look around, trying to figure out how he was getting wet (it was one of those places you had to expect to get sprayed every once in awhile by the drunken debauchery). a little bit later, our favorite server eric comes by for another round, and kim and i decide to send over a drink to our friend mike/adam......a drink of ice water :-D of course the [censored] wouldn't accept it, and later sends over a glass of ice water back to me.

so all in all, we were able to laugh it off. and good lord that was [censored] fun. although now i remember why i'm not too keen on the idea of getting out there and trying to meet and date someone. at least i've got the company of good friends. smile

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
ubblol thanks guys, sounds like that was a really good night Pounce!!!

BOBOOOOOO!!!!!! *GLOMP* long time no speak!! How's life? Nope, luckily it wasn't the same friend (wietske) but my injured friend already knows that story unfortunately... though in her current state she might not remember so i could try telling it to her again smile

For those of you who are not in the know: my friend Wietske did a high throw with her staff, and tried to catch it on her nose smile She broke it (the nose, not the staff) so I went to the emergency room at the hospital with her. An unnecessary trip since they couldn't do anything for her till the swelling went down, but entertaining - and simultaneaously quite sad - because NOBODY believed the staff story! The doorman said "oh, usually they say they fell down the stairs", the nurse said, "okay, now tell me what REALLY happened", and the doctor just gave us a 'yeah, right' kind of look. We should have brought the staff in as evidence!

Please keep 'm coming peeps, Eileen will be stuck in the hospital for another two days at least... Long-winded jokes that make you groan at the end also appreciated smile

Thanks!

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me