Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
https://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/lifecynical.html

Please check this out, it's a nicely done flash film, don't worry, it won't hurt you or your computer I found it interesting to watch, hopefully others will enjoy it as well.

Tambomember
97 posts

Posted:
Cool! Have you seen a film called Baraka? Its kind of the same sort of message but as a film. It made me cry

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
No I havn't, it sounds good though. Is it the type of film you can find at normal video rental stores or not?

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
Baraka! One of my favorite movies of all time. Incredible scenery from 24 countries around the world that is both awe inspiring and heart wrenching. I bought the special edition on DVD from Best Buy and you can rent it at Blockbuster (not sure what country you are from though, sorry).

I loved the flash film Jello, cool Moby soundtrack and great shots from the Hubble Telescope. There is actually a song on Baraka about 2/3 way through that is sampled by Paul Oakenfold.

Thanks for that.

Fear the evil monkey!

Tambomember
97 posts

Posted:
I taped it of the telly ages ago! Perhaps you could try amazon, but I am not sure about renting it as I am in the uk, not the USA but if you can get hold of it, it is well worth it.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I thought that flash was almost sickingly contrived, also they did a pretty lazy job on it. They didn't even use transitions between frames.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Very nice, but I agree Astar, it would have been much better with transitions in a few places.

What was Bill Gates doing in there? Is the creator of the animation likening him to Mother Teresa, or to Saddam Hussien?

PS. this is post 500 for me!

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Yeah, the flash, I was kind of blinded by the use of mody so I really didn't notice it. I was more interesting by some of the images and the overall feeling I got after watching it, not really the quality of the production. And yeah, I didn't get the mother teresa thing either.

Spin Doctormember
34 posts

Posted:
Sorry, but that film didn't really strike a chord with me (the flash one). I do get the whole meaning about people's opinions, and that we should tolerate each other and all, but the presentation didn't sppeal to me at all, and neither did the random photos up there. oh well, maybe it's just my slightly ratty mood at the moment.

Imagine something witty or profound was here.