Page: ...
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey lovely Moonfesties!*:.

Well, it’s that time again… yummy fruits to feast on those hot humid days… the smell of summer blossoms in the warm summer breeze… Must be time for the SUMMER Moonfests!!!

The summer ones are always a bit bigger than the winter ones… as people are more willing to come out from there snuggley warm homes and run around under the moonlight frolicking about on the beach*:.

So the Summer and 2006 Moonfest dates are………………::::::*

Dec Friday 16th (last for 2005)

.:*2006*:.

January Sat 14th

February Mon 13th

March Wed 15th

April Fri 14th

May Sat 13th

June Mon 12th

July Tues 11th

August Wed 9th

September Fri 8th

October Sat 7th

November Sun 5th

December Tues 5th

.:*2007*:.

January Wed 3rd

Moonfest is a drug and alcohol free gathering at Moora Park Shorncliffe foreshore. Every full moon from Sundown (or earlier in the arvo for a juggle jam play and picnic) Bring along your instruments, drums, fire toys (+ fuel & safety gear) twirly whirly toys and magick makers… dress up.. Have a ball…bring your friends, have fun and frolic under the luminous Moon and sparkling stars*:… bring a picnic dinner, or grab a bight to eat from the local Café on the Park… Please take ALL your rubbish and belongings with you when you leave…..:* Moonfest is for fun!*:. Come and BE the festival…. Festive*all …. ALL FESTIVE… It is the beautiful people who come along each month that make this gathering such a gorgeous one… so thank YOU beautiful people! Moonfest is growing into its 10th year!*:. It will be our 10 year anniversary this coming Spring Moonfest (Friday 8th September 2006) So a huge big thankyou to all of you for coming along each month and making this the amazing beautiful thing it has grown to be. …………::::*

Other upcoming events…

*:.Earthcore is this Saturday 3rd December www.earthcore.com.au

*:.Woodford Folk Festival 27th Dec 05 ~ 1st Jan 06 there’s a cap on ticket sales for the first time this year … and tickets are selling out fast! www.woodfordfolkfestival.com

*:.A couple of Earthy Gorgeous Goddessy Gatherings and camping like lovely things happening over this summer… too gorgeous to mention in one sentence… contact Gillian for more info (07) 5446 7470

*:.The Summer Solstice is 22nd December … chances are there will be some lovely happenings around this time… if not we should make one yeah?

So yeah… there you have it… a load of moonfest dates and a few fun things to do this summer… have a happy Summer and hopefully we’ll catch up along the way*:.

Summer blossoms, fresh fruit, and joyful juicy bits to you all!*:.

Love Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1154653542)

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
the pixies on the poster are amazing!!!!!! biggrin

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
Kuan Yin is also in the vallery along the wickam tce stretch if i recall correctly. Anyway, I'm about to walk down there (vallery, not kuan yin) for lunch, will keep an eye out for the exact location.

EDIT: Kwan Yin is basically on wickham st opposite the chinatown mall arch.
EDITED_BY: The Misguided Oracle (1134022510)

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
I think Veg Out moved around the corner so they are Wickham now instead of Brunswick...

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Mmm Kuanyin's pretty much next to ANZ, going the opposite direction to traffic. Menu says things like pork, chicken, beef fish etc.. but it's all veg, I assure you. And the milk tea with pearls is pretty good too wink

gabe- really?? bounce One of these days we should get the twirling crowd out for lunch I imagine biggrin Hardly see any of you guys outside of twirling related events or house parties..

A week til moonfest and counting.. ubbangel

jcrsGOLD Member
404 posts

Posted:
^^ wouldn't that make it a twirling event anyway (minus the spinny toys... unless someone brings some along anyway and we can play on the mall) :P

3,492 posts

Posted:
eek fully scaeryed me for a minute there... with no vege out... but yeah they moved round the corner.... not gone compleately I don't think smile possibly where mcdonnalds used to be ubblol ...no? shrug

anyway ummm thanks guys for the feedback on the little groovey dudes for the poster... maybe I ought to actually finnish the damn poster 'ey.... most people already know about this moonfest coming anyway... so i'll make this one for the whole year I think... something I can hand to people when they ask me when and where and what dates and webpage etc smile*:.

shall we do anything special for the first summer moonfest? smile*:.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yes. hug me.

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
*pouts* I want to stay for the moonfest!!!!!!!
Would love to chill with you after Woodford newgabe, yay for spinny company!!

Your pix are beeeaaauuuuutifullll pixie!!!!!!!

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

3,492 posts

Posted:
YAY blue! hug of corse! if you are coming to a moonfest we will most certainly hug you! hug2 I was talking more impromtue performancey type stuff for the candle circle... hmmmmm though i guess we could work with that "taaadaaadaaaaa the hug a rob show!!!!" biggrin

ubblol

wink

and thanks eveish smile ... why don't you stay for a moonfest? smile biggrin smile pwettttty pweeeeeze! ubblove ubbangel ubblove

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
*phew* veg out is still around! heart attack averted! clap ubblol yay! so anyone want to meet me there for lunch on friday???? biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Absolutely! Will text you a bit closer to then to confirm? What time are you going to be around geets?

3,492 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

ok... this is kinda it now... I'll be photocopying it on colour paper... this is just a dodgey photo of it... so sorry if the text is hard to read... but do you reckon i should go over the text again to make it bolder???

smile*:.

all the little groovey dudes are so wiggley they make me giggle...heheheh ubblol

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
wow great poster pixie!

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

3,492 posts

Posted:
thankx

maybe it can be a WIGGLE fest! wink

hehehe .:*wiggle*:. ubbrollsmile hehe ubbrollsmile

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
oh you're such a hippy, lovely elke.

kiss

3,492 posts

Posted:
umm shrug biggrin heh... *nod* most probably am, hey?... what in particular makes me a hippy this time??? peace

ubblol

jcrsGOLD Member
404 posts

Posted:
*vaguely remembers Valura's signature* smile

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yep. i remember it very well ubblol

it's an affectionate name, from me smile

(i like to think of myself as an executive hippy)

it's the poster, i'm afraid, miss E hug

tongue

is there a sunfest on friday too?

xR

3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblol I figured as much... those hippies and their swirly writing! ...and what is it with little people and swirlies wink and happy vibes! peace happy vibes are SO over rated rolleyes wink

ubbloco ubblove ubblol

I reckon we should have a sun fest 'ey! biggrin ...nice day play before it gets dark weavesmiley juggle sunny grouphug sunny juggle weavesmiley

I know a few people were heading to Veg Out in the valley for lunch and then coming up from there... shrug I think .... so hopefully there'll be a good bundle of us up for a bit of a play smile*:.

any ideas for the candle circle? (to go along with the hug a rob show of corse wink ) something summery perhaps?

hmmm I'd love to get some sunflowers to stick around the candle circle too.... *ponders*

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
biggrin yay for veg out yummy munch!! smile tongue clap

so! how about we all meet at veg out say...1pm?? then we can all head up for sunfest afterwards!!? biggrin sounds like a plan eh? & i will have a few spare seats in my car so any of you who will be getting public transport to moonfest can hitch a ride if you want!!

bounce

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
eeeeeep! I want to stay for moonfest... arg! I could... but shouldn't... grrr, oh wells, happy spinning to you all hug

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

3,492 posts

Posted:
.:*whispers over eveish's sholder*:. stay... for... moonfessssssssssstttt.....*:. devil

biggrin ubblove biggrin

jcrsGOLD Member
404 posts

Posted:
*joins in on the wispering*
ssssstaaaaayyyyy for mooooooonfeeeeessssssttttttttt..... yeeeesssssss, staaaaaaaaayyyyyyy.....

tongue

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
aight, tis looking like i may be comming now.

ry and i have been sitting round talking, and ive gathered all the travel info and realised enough blantantly obvious stuff (ie. im getting xmas money in just over 1 week :P ) and i should be able to make it.

nothing in stone, yet, but its looking alot better now.

hoping to see you all soon bounce

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Gita: 1pm sounds super.. seeya at veg out! biggrin

*industriously sets up a Tourism Brisbane info booth* grouphug

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
*giggles at the devilish whisperings*
I can feel myself weakening under both your charms! arg!

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
*whispers* come to veg out eveish...veg out... biggrin

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
I'm bringing my mummy down to moonfest tomorrow! She want's to come for a lookie wave

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

3,492 posts

Posted:
I think we'll see ya there gixie smile *:.

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce moonfest is today! *squee* bounce2

Page: ...