Page:
SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
So this thought just randomly popped into my head...

How do people think they come across on HoP? I *really* don't want to talk about what you think of other people, just yourself.

Personally, I think I come across as more blunt than I usually am, and often seem to rant. I think I may possibly seem un-empathic or overly sarcastic as well. I'm worried that if I ever meet people from HoP in person, then they'll have a somewhat inaccurate picture of me in their head. (I'm really quite nice and understanding! biggrin )

Does anyone have thoughts on why people behave differently online to how they behave elsewhere?

Anyone want to comment on how they think they are perceived?

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sethis

Threads being put up, then deleted. People slinging hurtful insults and accusations around.

frown Yeah, that totally sucked.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Written by: thegreatBJ

3 there are no tentions between people on HoP... like if that guy fancies that girl and that other girl fancies him... or that guy doesnt like that other guy etc

I wouldn't count on that...
HoP is one of the most 'incestuous' places I know ubblol

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto

devil

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
:touches jon on the thigh:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Why hello there..
kiss

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Get a thread guys! rolleyes Jeez... wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Just a question for people raised by Sethis to me...

Would I come across as being more friendly if I changed my avatar?

I quite like it but I suppose it might make folks think I'm a little unfriendly. Thoughts people, please.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Written by: jeff(fake)

Just a question for people raised by Sethis to me...

Would I come across as being more friendly if I changed my avatar?

I quite like it but I suppose it might make folks think I'm a little unfriendly. Thoughts people, please.

I don't know what not having an avatar says (apart from: I've got no idea how to make one. let alone even upload one...)

but

maybe sethis has a point - it's the mask that that guy is wearing... eek

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
In a word: yes. Of course if its integral enough to you, don't, but its hard for new people not to make snap judgements and I bet even people like myself who've seen you around for longer will ifnd ourselves subtely influenced....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Why do you think I chose the best Jedi in the history of the Order for my Avatar? wink biggrin

DrudwynForget puppy power, Scrappy's just gay
632 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

Written by: Sethis

Threads being put up, then deleted. People slinging hurtful insults and accusations around.

frown Yeah, that totally sucked.

insults?!? Where? I got the impression that people didn't understand what was going on and got a bit hot under the collar, but I didn't see insults... frown That's suckage.

Spin, bounce, be one with the world, because it is yours to enjoy...

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
This wasn't about the Straight/Gayfests...

It happened like over a month ago. Someone found something funny that someone else found offensive then the whole thread got chucked out. There was something else going on as well, but I never really found out what that was about.

It's gone now, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Peace and love people, peace and love.

R

Page: