Forums > Technical Discussion > Resin innercores for fire staves

Login/Join to Participate

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
Has anyone tried making a fire staff with a resin innercore instead of wooden doweling?
I've been thinking about the idea for a while as I'm guessing that resin would/might be denser than wood & thus in the end I'll get a heavier staff (i know i can add /more/larger wicks to the end, but i'll probably be doing that anyway).

Comments?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
what resin?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

jcrsGOLD Member
404 posts

Posted:
maybe some kind of epoxy resin? though i have a feeling that it's not up to scratch when it comes to heat resistance... but it could be anything as long as it dosen't start to burn/degrade/smoke/whatever under the heat + it's heavier than a wooden innercore.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Id think theres a logistics problem there, I mean that's a LOT of resin... just imagine how many pipes you'd have to scrap to get that much resin... biggrin

Sorry, sorry, I couldn't help it. Continue...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i love the smell of burning resin in the morning!
i wonder if burning this type of plastic has any effect on my ability to spawn bender offspring.
ya can't take over teh world without an heir.

for all the HoP visitors who have loaded this page up from performing a search on 'innercore' staffs, no, this discussion thread is not related to the staves produced by concentrate.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

jcrsGOLD Member
404 posts

Posted:
Written by: bender

i wonder if burning this type of plastic has any effect on my ability to spawn bender offspring.

well, you could go and freeze up some samples just in case smile

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Written by: bender

for all the HoP visitors who have loaded this page up from performing a search on 'innercore' staffs, no, this discussion thread is not related to the staves produced by concentrate.

At least it wasnt until you typed that wink