Page:
newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
excl excl excl STOP PRESS excl excl excl

Well, hello hello wave

Woodford Folk Festival is going to be BRILLIANT this year! I've just come back from the Organisers Group Meeting/ Programme Launch totally excited bounce

The site looks sooo beautiful, more spacious and green, and the lineup of acts and performers is just, really *stunning*... 300 different events every DAY!!! for the 6 days; it is the best lineup I have ever seen in my 13 years there (including YES, the Cat Empire!)

AND.... clap bounce2 ubblol bounce2 clap TWO CIRCUS venues: the *Palace* for performances all day, and a brand new space: *Circadia*, in a magnificent spot in the heart of the festival, totally for workshops, including EVERY NIGHT with TePOOKa, other great spinners, and plenty of space and time for juggle!! JUGGLE JAM !!weavesmiley space!!! ubbtickled ubbtickled PLAYTIME at UberWoodford!!

OK is that enough! Get the idea!! Get the tickets organised peoples, or volunteer (plenty of places left) for 5 hrs a day in return for a free ticket...and come on up... it is gonna be WONDERFUL!!

EDITED_BY: newgabe (1194817454)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Amazing Festival. smile

One very happy camper right here.

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
yes.. pretty sure pixie left hoops behind... will alert her and I'm sure she'll be in touch Gabe, thanks!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
yes! me! wave I left hoops.... (silly pixie where did she leave her head... oh that's right it was stolen wink ) ....(she'd forget her head if it wasn't screwed on! wink ) rolleyes sorry.... bad bad jokes rolleyes

anyway! yes I did leave hoops gabe! thankyou for picking them up... a purple one a green one and a gold one??? all looking well used with all the tape coming off? biggrin

and yes! I totally had an amazing beautiful festival apart from the missing head smile

so many amazing awe-inspiring people and creative things and colour and life and beautiful energies and tallent! so much tallent! biggrin clap biggrin

was great seeing so many of my friends performing tooooo!!!! yayyyy

biggrin ubblove grouphug ubblove biggrin

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

DoctaGOLD Member
81 posts

Posted:
What can I say guys, woodford was absolutely amazing. It was my first time there, and will definately not be my last. I got volenteer which is a rather good way to get involved (for any of you thinking about it next year) I think I possibly had the best vol job in the place. We were restoking the bars, and damn we had some fun. Did any of you see those boys throwing ice to one another, or crazy men on golf buggies ladden with alcohol???? That was us.........It was a great way (volenteering) to meet some people, especially if you're at woodford solo. Saw some amazing bands and great preformers. Can't wait for next year......I think I'm hooked. Oh yea, and such a shame that you lost your monster head........what does one do with a monster head if they haven't got the body. If it's any consilation I lost a shirt, some sunnies and my pocket knife at woodford......oh yea, and my mind on a couple of nights. Peace out and see you all there next year. Come do afternoon bar store with me.....it's loads of fun smile

Doc smile

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Helloooo!
How good was woodford!!! That has got to have been one of THE best weeks of my whole life! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! How many hours is it until next years?!

Speaking of stolen stuff, my bag walked from Circadia : ( It was a pain but everyone was so wonderful in helping me out, I love you all!!!

How many of you guys are going to Exodus? heheh! Weeeee! more festivals!
*happy dance*

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey Docta, were you the guys throwing ice at the other guy's car on the way out on New Year's Day?

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
Woodford was well worth the trek from Perth. I had an awesome time and the talent was just amazing. Loved the Renegade at Circa. That was tops.

Big hugz to all those at Circa for making it the best new years ever! hug2

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Yeah Renegade rocked - we shall be doing another one at Exodus - i'll be compering the Sunday night and pos. the Friday so get your acts and non-acts together and falling apart and get your arses over there - its YOUR show
Peas out to all you lovely folk and thanks for making Woodfood such a great event for SOLAR, see ya next year....I hope

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dexta

Woodford was well worth the trek from Perth...

Big hugz to all those at Circa for making it the best new years ever! hug2

Nice one Dexta!! It was fun,even if i am still recovering a week later *crawls around the house unpacking boxes*

One wee point.. the wide open stripey venue you loved was Circadia.... Circa is a rockin' circus troupe from Brisvegas (who were also there doing shows at the Palace..)

See you next year if not sooner!!! biggrin

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
hehehe I just must say one thing... Rob... you look fantastic in a tutu! biggrin

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

DoctaGOLD Member
81 posts

Posted:
Written by: Rozi

Hey Docta, were you the guys throwing ice at the other guy's car on the way out on New Year's Day?

Naaa mate, we were the lads throwing bags of ice into all the freezers for all the bars around the site......I didn't leave till 2 days after the event finished.

Doc smile

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
If I can borrow another or something even more outrageous, you maywel see again at Exodus - i'll be compeering on Sunday night
Cumon down all you people with acts or not.
See ya'll there
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Minnanewbie
1 post

Posted:
greetings tillymo,I would love to be a happy camper(Im waiting to hear,if I was accepted)for the disability department,woo hoo!!!Im so excited!!ENJOY! rolleyes angel grouphug

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Minna

greetings tillymo, etc

Minna, this thread is from 2 years ago.

[Old link]

Cheers

Gabe

Page: