Forums > Meet Others > Herefordshire and Gloucestershire

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Now that I appear to be semi permanently stuck in ther countryside fir at least the forseeable future I was wondering if any one lives in Herefordshire or Gloucestershire- I'm right in the middle 9Ross-on-Wye) and am keen to meet some local spinners- I'm not hugely into fire but I can be pursuaded smile

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mr Chutney

I'm not hugely into fire

Good to hear it wink hug

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Blasphemous GirlSILVER Member
83 posts

Posted:
Hi Mr C

i'm in the forest of Dean Gloucestershire (Coleford) would love to meet up with some local spinney type people.

i've only been into poi for about 4 months ish so still a bit of a beginner weavesmiley wave beerchug

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
my sister is moving to herefordshire soon so might well be visiting, would be cool to meet up with people. il b back in this thread in a few weeks then!

Jake the Juggler

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
OOh good stuff- maybe we could get a meet togethr with Hyperlight and Polarity who at out towards Malvern biggrin

Keep me posted in here or pm if you want to meet up smile

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
So, to be a techie glo poi inventor you need to live in Malvern. Hmmmm!

Gayle.....!

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Polarity lives in Upton so really it's more a Worcestershire thing... but I take your point wink

I'd be well up for a meet - when were you planning this for? ..or would it be a regular thing?

Cake or Death?

cheekyfirestarmember
27 posts

Posted:
i think me and my significant other would be up for a meet malvern way

CheesemasterJaknewbie
9 posts

Posted:
morning!

I think this all sounds cool!

where would you think of going to then?

and when?

oooh! it could be a regular meet! and I could learn how to poi properly from you lot!

I'm a bit rubbish! (however I have officially taught thirty people now!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I need a signature thingy.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I'll be moving to Colwall (near the top of the Malverns on the Hereford side) in about a month. Until then (and probably a lot of the time after the move) I'll be in Nuneaton though. Should have space at the new place for peeps to stay over, and it's pretty handy for train stations.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
Lots of people from the forest here..beautiful place, slightly freaky people! Im in stroud, nice to know there are HoPpers locally!
wavehello

Tomorrows World isnt on anymore...Does that mean its tomorrow now?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Excellent smile Glad you've spotted the thread smile

We should get a meet together sometime- not sure when i'm about, but it'd be great to have a little meet somewhere- maybe we could rent a hall somewhere and have a session smile

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I realise it's not quite hereford/gloucester, but there's [Old link] this saturday if anyone's interested.. ? smile

Cake or Death?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
*BUUUUUUMP*

I'm back from London, and most likely settling in the area for the forseeable future, SO shout loudly if you want to meet up biggrin

That will be all biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I will be back in cheltenham in march so if there is anything going on after that I shall endeavour to make it . . .

SiFireSILVER Member
16 posts

Posted:
Hey.... yes there is something going on... a Juggling club at Gloucester Guildhall on Wednesday nights... 4:45 - 6:45pm... I'll be there every other week and up for fiery fun in Cheltenham or Gloucester at other times........ hopefully see everyone soon juggle biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone

* sets up camp *

I have finally defected away from the welshies Cymru thread and must make home here.

Am now in Cheltenham for the next few months.... I will try and get over to the guildhall at somepoint soon si...

ubbrollsmile

SiFireSILVER Member
16 posts

Posted:
Cool.... Would be gd to meet other Cheltenham spinners biggrin weavesmiley

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
so when are you likely to be there next si ?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
What?

There are people nearby?

When did that happen?

What happens at the guildhall?

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I am here, where are you ?

SiFireSILVER Member
16 posts

Posted:
Damn...... went tonight (weds) more new toys and more funding to come, will not be going 'til 22/03 now 'cause I work shifts and will be on lates next week, might see if I can get next Weds off work though.

Mr Chutney.... Juggling club details as above, few toys to play with for a couple of hours (juggling balls....obviously! poi, staff, diablo, stilts, devil sticks. plate spinning stuff, contact juggling stuff and a unicycle) talk of using funding to get tutored workshops through circomedia otherwise just a bunch of amateurs helping each other learn new skills.... all for the meagre sum of £1, hope to see all there! In a bit, Si biggrin wave

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Si-

Sounds excellent- I've lived in Ross since I was 6 (and had 5 years at uni admittedly) but I had no idea this was on biggrin

money and lifts permitting, I'll be there next wednesday biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I too will try and get my ass there this week, 4.45 till 6.45 at the guildhall right ?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Ahhh- 4.45- 6.45 probably rules me out as I have no possible lift until more like 7 pm frown

bugger

SiFireSILVER Member
16 posts

Posted:
I'm not going to juggling club 2morrow.... work shifts and this week it's 3:30 - 11:50pm frowneekwill be there next wednesday though.... yes it is the guildhall (arts centre in town) in gloucester... yes the time is a pain in the arse, as the weather gets warmer we could meet after JC and carry on somewhere else maybe.... we'll see biggrin In a Bit

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
We'd be happy to host spin meets [Old link] and can have people round nearly every weekend during the summer.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Apparently there is a meet in Hereford on the third Friday of every month. Anyone interested drop me a PM for details smile

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Right guys just to clear up some confusion bout the juggling clubs at gloucester its at the guildhall every wednesday without fail... from 4:45-6:45 price is now £2.50 for unwaged £3.50 for waged to cover costs... We have lots of glow equipment and so much stuff now u cant shake two firey sticks at it... I am there every weds with out fail all come along...

First time is free what have you to loose plus u can meet a load of cool new people.

mike

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Hereford meet is this evening- I'll check details on my lunch break- pm me for details smile

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
*BUMP*

I know there are Herefordshire spinny types out there- I've even seen a few- so please please make yourselves known and lets have some fun this summer biggrin

Page: