Page: ......
Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Ok, i know this is a little early but people have been asking me about this.....

Date: 5th November 2005

Place: Bath,UK (it was either this or St. Austell in Cornwall)

Reason: to celebrate the birthday of Bird and Gayle with fellow HoPpers biggrin

Some people have had advance warning of this but it's my birthday on the 5th November and Bird's is the following week. We've decided to combine the two and get a few HoPpers together for the day.

Instead of everyone travelling to Cornwall we thought Bath might be a better location.

Crash space is available - bring sleeping bag

EDIT: I think the crash space limitation has been passed three or four times, so i'm reluctely gonna have to say - no more crash space available. The list of attendees is already in it's twenties and i don't think we can fit any more in unless i move house. Sorry. If people who said they might come at the beginning and have since changed their minds - if they could post then i could offer space to people who DO want to come.....NEW: YOUTH HOSTEL DETAILS POSTED ON THREAD - ST. CHRISTOPHERS INN, CENTRAL BATH. ROOMS FROM £16

Bath Spa train station is about a four minute walk from my house. If car directions are needed please PM me and i will gladly send you some instructions by car. IF YOU NEED INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE ASK!!!

Start from about 11/midday - give me chance to wake up and tidy up from previous night's party.

Might have a wonder to Victoria Park if people fancy a daytime spin then bimble back to my house for cake and a spot of dinner (although i've put no thought into what to feed people so it might be pot luck). SEE EDIT!!!!

If people are up for a fire spin then we can take a trip to a nice fire spinning location later on in the evening.

After that all back to mine to carry on partying. ubbloco

There is only one condition of attendance and that is to sing "Happy Birthday" in the stupidest voice ever on arriving... ubblol

Hope to see lots of you there - i don't even mind if you please yourself during the day and visit the Roman Baths or something, just as long as you come along for the night.

...now to kidnap Firepoise

Much ubblove, hug and kiss

Gayle + Bird

NEW: Please bring warm clothes, waterproof blankets and a torch......!!!!!

We have found a lovely daytime spinning location in Sydney Gardens is Bath. It is a short walk from my house along the canal.

Dinner plans have been suggested as the Indian takeaway at the bottom of my road. There is also a burger and pizza place for more fussy types and can also arrange chinese if people want.

Night time spin has been sorted and drivers have been appointed. The place we have in mind is a short drive outside of Bath to a place called Box. People might recognise the name from the Box Train Tunnel which cuts straight through Box hill. The is also an underground MoD compound there. Please can all drivers remain sober enough to make sure we can transport everyone to the site and back - we don't want to leave anyone there!

Please bring warm clothes and a torch. Please also have a respect for the community of Box and try to keep the noise down whilst we're there. We don't want to get moved on. frown

Everyone who has recevied emails from me about Friday night can you please please reply. I need your confirmations as soon as possible. Thank to people that did reply - further instructions will be sent to you.....

UCOF and BOV have offered to harass people that haven't replied so prepare for a spanking spank

After reading the thread for GothFrogette we are hopefully going to try and raise a bit of cash in the afternoon with a bit of busking. This will only be an hour or so in the afternoon at some point depending on how the day goes. Details are in the thread.....

EDITED_BY: Gayle......! (1129201572)

Gayle.....!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Pong.

smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Gayle does not PONG! She smells all lovely and gorgeous and fantabulous and I ubblove her. I'm willing to B&B it if it will help with space hun. hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i know its a little late to ask, but can i come to?

i will be good i promise!

(unless the only reason im allowed to come is cos im bad)

Step (el-nombrie)

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
read up hun.....you may have to B&B it.....but if i can stay at my friends and theres spare space there you can stay with us....is the lovely sophie going to join you....will i finally meet her??

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Don't worry Lynne. It will be fine although no more crash space is being offered. People will have to fend for themselves if they want to come. The list of people getting crash space for definate is as follows:

Skully
Bird
Bubbles
Brit_Joe
Trippie Hippie
Millhouse
Wild Child
Cantus
G
Bov
UCOF
Matty B
Rossco

I have had no response from Mr Chutney, Strugz or 2 bags so their spaces (3) may be up for grabs.
Jake has offered to make his own way home as has Star- That has freed up 2 more spaces. I think Sarah will be OK to travel back after as well. Thank You to Jake and Star for offering not to stay - it is much appreciated due to space restrictions. Next time i will get a bigger house i promise, as i would really love you to be able to stay.

I'm assuming Jo_Rhymes, Lavatwilight and Nate won't be appearing as they have no added any more to the thread. So that's 3 more spaces.

Maus may be able to stay with her friend - althought this might not be practical, so if not Maus has a space.

So, overall we have 13 definates listed above + maybe Maus. 6 possibles "showees" (Mr Chutney, Strugz, 2bags, Jo_Rhymes, Nate, Lavatwilight) which although i haven't heard from them since would be entitled for a space as they did express interest early on.

We had four people (Eccles, Hels, Will and Mech) ask for space, since saying there is none - talk about supply and demand!

so overall, out of 18 very small spaces there are 4 to 5 (minus the definates and Maus) spaces left to fit between 10 or 11 (including Maus) people.

So depending on how you look at it - we might be fine if the 6 "maybes" don't come as we can fit in others which have asked (Hells, Mech, Will and Eccles) or fooked if they do. I cannot guarentee spaces to anyone other than the definates as the "maybes" haven't confirmed.....

So, take your chances people.....

Hope that eases people's worries about space.....

Gayle.....!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
dont worry gayle, ill not come

dont mean to add stress on your life wink

Step (el-nombrie)

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Mech - that is exactly the attitude i've been trying to stop. If i had my way there wouldn't be a problem, i'm trying to do the best i can to make sure people can come and have a place to sleep. I'm not trying to put people off - i'm just trying to make sure people are aware of the potential problems.

Hang on for a bit and see what Maus can find out. She may just be our miracle solution.....!

Mr Chutney has said he's coming if he has no money problems. If any of you feel like poking the other "maybes" a bit more then things will become clearer for the people who do want a space...

Gayle.....!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i know, but ill see what heppens, i dont wnat to add more stress to you by ttrying to come....

let me follow teh tread and see what happens ok?

hug

Step (el-nombrie)

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
ok hug

Gayle.....!

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
An alternative place to stay

St Christophers Inn (https://visitbath.co.uk/site/where_to_stay/p_41201) is a youth hostel ABOVE A PUB in the centre of town - about 5-10 mins walk away from my house which does rooms at £16 per night.

There are a couple of B&Bs which are a bit close but they want from £32 to £50 a night...

So, if you one of the people without a space but really really want to come - it might be worth looking at this...

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
or we can erect wink a ground sheet as a tent in the back garden, and some of us can sleep outside.. I don't mind I have a warm sleeping bag and a bivi bag . . . some other may do too . . .

serves you right for being little miss popular hey gayle . . . hee hee ...

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Sorry Gayle- just to clarify- does this mean I have a space? I can crash on floor space pretty much anywhere smile

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Yes, Mr Chutney you have a space. If you can't make it can you let me know so it can go to somebody else.

Gayle.....!

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: Matty B

serves you right for being little miss popular hey gayle . . . hee hee ...

ubblol don't think it me. I think people want to see Bird in the Roman Baths with his toga on ubblol

Gayle.....!

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
ditto ubblol

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
*looks around, wonders where is Bird anywho ? *

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
i don't know....PM'd him t'other day to see if he wanted some help with his petrol money for the journey up to bath ie-give me a lift...stll havn't heard back tho.....

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
working. frown

Think he's working all the time so he can buy us a chocolate fountain for the meet....ok, ok, i can dream!

Gayle.....!

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Dave's coming on the Friday though Maus???? Are you???

Gayle.....!

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
doesn't really make a difference when i come,just seemed silly for me to pay for a train ticket and him pay for all that petrol when we could probabl both save a bit of money by sharing.

is everyone else coming on the saturday?

**dreams of chocolate fountains....**

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
pm on way.

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
bounce I'm all happy about partying with you Gayle ubblove

Dave is still alive because he text me this morning. I just think he is working so much overtime he is falling asleep as soon as his bum hits a chair at home, so I don't think he has been on-line for a while.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
ha!

I'm here, I've had my eye on the thread, don't think I've forgotten!

biggrin

yeah, work's been crazy stupid, but, well, thats life!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
gayle hun,my friend lives in oldfield park.

is that very far away from you?xx

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
right im throughly confussed by what day everythign is happening an and such but yeah im perfectly fine to go home in the evening may beg for coffee so not falling asleep at the wheel but ya know me if i can make it home i do

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Well i spoke to wild child on the phone tonight and she said im def able to get a lift with her so i can def come which means i can guarantee myself to be there so if the possibilities dont make it i'd love to grab some floor space!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Yeah . . for will . ..
more people woohoo

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: maus

gayle hun,my friend lives in oldfield park.

is that very far away from you?xx

Do-able, walking about 30-40 odd mins (at Bath paces not Cornish paces). Car - 5 mins.

If later people want to come and are able to stay at St. Christophers Inn (for £16), please book yourself in! Please don't rely on floor space being available or Maus being able to put people up!

Sarah - come to Bath on Saturday afternoon. Come and spin, then have a burger for tea. Come to the quarry for a fire spin and then i'll feed you all the coffee you need smile

weavesmiley

Gonna be so good!

Gayle.....!

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
cool,well wil ring my friend tonight and ask if its ok if i stay,worse comes to worse i can always cab it back to hers if i can't skank a lift off of somebody!

will keep you posted hun! biggrin

yay!-a very excited mausy indeed! bounce

EcclesGOLD Member
enthusiast
251 posts

Posted:
Thanks Gayle.
but i think i should join you next time instead.

thanks again.
Eccles

Page: ......