Page:
TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
ok - here's an idea, for next year maybe.

(this is just a suggestion by the way)

I was thinking how cool it would to have a tour of the UK, HoP style - Via coach or something. It may take a few weeks to complete, visiting anywhere easily accessible that has a HoP spinning community.

we could:-

pick up HoPpers along the way

visit HoPpers who can't usually get to any meets (or who can't get time off to join us but still meet everyone)

See this wee island's lovely scenery

and other fine things.

it'll be like a mobile PLAY or a Falmouth on wheels!

from cornwall to the highlands of scotland (or vice versa)

that's my idea, sadly i'm not minted and have no spendable cash so this dream of mine will likely stay a dream.

but it'd be fun though, yeah???

Cheers for looking, anyway!

Tammie. hug ubblove

ps - this is the right place to post this thread is it not?

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
earning money wasn't actually the idea... it was supposed to be a fun time thing, if you see what I mean smile
weavesmiley juggle ubbloco

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
lol i think i forgot to put in my last post that it would be cheaper than getting a bus, if everyone used cars.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
but i don't have a car!!! (sob!)

plus one bus will pollute less than a dozen cars.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Right - one has e-mailed one's local authority and asked for information.

took all morning to compose it arrrgh!

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: Tinquelle Pants

earning money wasn't actually the idea... it was supposed to be a fun time thing, if you see what I mean smile

I think earning some money along the way would be necessary.

If we're doing a tour around the country, we'd need to quit our day jobs for a while, thus stopping our income. We'd need to buy petrol, and food, and other such necessary things...

It would make it a bit more possible for this dream to become reality if we were to earn some money along the way. We would need to be able to afford all the expenses this involves.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Well i was thinking people could do this on their spare time - like ann extended vacation or something

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i think it'd be good fun to be able to hope on and off of the hop bus

would mean you get to meet hundreds of spinners AND flakey student types like myself could just live on teh thing tongue

who needs campsites when you have a bus? tongue

back

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
how about hammocks to hang between the luggage racks? ubblol

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
ubblol Its possible

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hammocks would be the best idea ever!!

No loss of sotrage space when you wanna go sleep, sorry, IF you wanna go sleep...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
So If we get funding and organise this - you cannot ride the bus of fun if you're not dressed up. yes you heard me! ubblol

activities could include

poi and flags
staff
devil sticks
diablo
juggling
plate spinning
stilts
a magician maybe?
body painting
eating contests!!! boiled eggs, pies, milk, burgers, hotdogs, marshmallows, mars bars!!

have i left anything out? lol

lastrenshaimember
31 posts

Posted:
Wow.. this sounds like a groovy thing to do.. i think the mega bus idea sounds good! everyone that way pays about £20 to do megabusses everyday.. for like 10 days solid!

but mega idea! smile weavesmiley

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
how about renting a bus rather than buying? im sure thats possible

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
im sure we could rent a bus

might be a bit of a mission but we could

that'd be awsome smile

awwww body painting is awsome smile

tinquelle you missed marshmellows and all things sugary as well as eating melted surgary things off piercings and sticking (then eating) them to tattos smile

back

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Renting a bus would be a nightmare as most companies would insist you have one of their drivers and that would cost mega bucks. Also think about what we would be carrying on this bus. Paraffin stinks everything out no matter how careful you are. Body paints rub off on everything, marking seats. People living in and around the bus WILL make it messy. I can't see any bus company putting up with that for long without charging huge amounts for cleaning.

If owning a bus turns out to be too costly then I'd say that the only real other option is to book routes well in advance on mega bus (or similar) so the trips only cost a few pounds. Booking on mass for mega bus will put the price of the tickets up fast, so anyone late in joining will get stung. As for accommodation...... well it would have to be tents and kind HoPpers taking people in. Anything else would be too expensive.

I'm not trying to pee on anyones dream here. Like I said before, if you really want it you can do it but its not just going to fall into your lap. You'll have to work hard and I agree with Ed that if you want it to really work you have to have some way of making money on your route or you will never cover the costs of doing it.

Try asking local councils if they need entertainers to come to their cities for the summer. Swansea has a summer festival and they book street acts to perform most Saturdays through the summer. I'm sure other city councils must do this too. If you point out the benefits of spinning to them and say you are willing to run workshops in a local park to encourage the locals to take it up to get fit I'm sure they will show an interest. Look through local authorities web sites and see what special events they run each year. Any night time events you find write to them offering to spice up the event with some fire spinning. Always pitch it as safe exciting fun though and mention all the safety aspects.

If you do all this you will need to get public liability insurance....... I'm sure there are loads of other stuff you need to consider but my brain has switched off for the night so......

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Skully you always seem to be the voice of logic on Hop, I seem to sit there going Hmm quite true on all your posts,

As the Lady says buying would be better plus we could drive around in a funked up painted in Poi like fashion bus rather taking someone elses logo around the country and advertising for them, you could approach Poi etc whack their logo on there and in exchange get a little fuel money to fund the mission.

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Whooo summer road trip on a loved up fun bus!!!!!! peace

We could even go across on the Eurostar and meet international hoPpers..... man we could just tour the world forever in a big red bus, a mobile hippy circus commune.....

- sorry i'm just drifting into dream world sigh...... unless anyone actually thinks i'm talking any sense whatsoever, in which case whooooooooooooo!!!

ubbloco

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Owning the bus sounds much better, you never know we might get lucky and find someone who will sponsor us so we can put there logo all over the sides of the bus.

How cool would this idea be, at first I thought why not geta big hippy convo of cars, but the bus sounds cooler. Especially if its a double decker

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
that sounds like a grand idea... but i think there would definately need to be a personally owned bus, maybe we can make it like this "world" ship y'know the one that has all those posh apartments on and just constantly drift around the world with people living on it.... okay but not so posh.... and i guess it'd need a damn big bus for all the UK HoPpers to live on...

and on the grant subject... well with the right call and a little bit of brief manipulation, i'm sure we can turn the concept of the HoP bus into some spectacular cultural event that gets lots of funding... wink

Maybe then we can start a whole generation of buses that are endlessly transporting HoPpers around the world... one starting in each continent...............

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
Sounds like a swicked idea!

BUT, skully is right. it's easy enough to get a bus and someone who is capable of driving it, even things like public liability insurance aren't too much hassle.

The serious problems will start with the whole communal living thing. I lived in a "hippy" commune type thing for most of my upbringing and its not easy. I'm not saying it's impossible (it isn't), in fact it's loadsa fun! But there are always problems with different people's different ideas/rules/values/morals etc. etc.

I'm sure a lot of you are aware that even living with your own family, or flatmates in a house can be pretty tough at times, just imagine what it's like to live in a very confined space (ie. a bus) with people you have only ever spent a few days with at a time, or even only ever spoken to on HoP.

There are all sorts of other thing as well, but hey, i still cant think of a bigger enough reason not to do it!

I'd be well up for it! If not we certainly have park-up space on our small-holding-farm type thing which has easy access to town centre for street work etc . . .

Jake the Juggler

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Well it depends on how long the traveling goes on for, wich would need to be planned out well ahead of time so a place to park can be found, maybie even possible camp sites to use to sleep in (only so much room on a bus if everyone takeing up more space lyeing down), and routes and things.

Just take a long hard think about weather you can or not stand to be traveling on a bus for certain amounts of time. It be well worth it tho. Oh and i have a feeling that word will spread of a traveling buss full of HoP'ers lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i think the main issue with buying would what do you do once we finish traveling.

assuming that you travel around over summer what do you do for autumn, winter and spring?

back

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
This is one of those things that sounds like a ton of fun to every one else but would actually be my own personal hell.

biggrin

I'm already looking forward to seeing the photos.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SdrawkcabBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Well count me in and if i can pull it off if you hit newcastle i may have a place roughly big enough to hold a bus full of people for a night or two.
No promises yet like but im looking into getting a house/falt type thing fer myself but big enough to fit other ppl so as long as people wouldnt mind basically sleeping where they fall your all more than welcome.

Also depnding o what happens i may be able to find a couple of places that mates of mine own to get some more spare room as well beerchug ahoy!

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Nobody should really sleep if they wanna remain safe. I have a marker pen and a razor. bye bye eyebrows hello moustache and goatee. muhahahaha

just reminding you all it will only be for a few weeks, three at the most. But I've never done this before so I dont know, I'm guessing it will take that long...

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
sounds like reality TV to me. Bring on the webcams.

Gayle.....!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gayle......!

sounds like reality TV to me. Bring on the webcams.

eek scary!

but then again thats an idea! contact TV producer and say how would you like to document/film what were doing.... could be a sponsor lol (not likely i know)

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
hey u may have something there!!!!

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
Written by: linden rathen

i think the main issue with buying would what do you do once we finish traveling.

assuming that you travel around over summer what do you do for autumn, winter and spring?

why not sell it on to other HoPers wanting to do the same. for example i would love to be in on something like this but might not be able to dedicate my summer to it due to having so much work, but would be happy to do it through winter, possibly.

another thing with living in a big old bus is maintenance. it's all very well saying anyone is welcome, but you would have to have people/person who know what they're doing with mechanics and stuff.

Jake the Juggler

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
its an idea but it has so many bad points. if we had help from a TV company:

good points:
sponser, would help immensly with money etc
be on tv?
show the world our amazing community

bad points:
would everyone want to be part of a tv program?
would the company take full control over what we do and where?
would it still be as relaxed or would they cause peeps to be different
how would they represent us?

just a few thoughts

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Page: