animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I've just spoken to Nucleopoi on the phone...

She's just been evacuated from York Train station because of yet *another* bomb!!

Will it never end?

I think she's ok, at least she said she was, but then the line went dead, and I haven't been able to get through to her since, it just rings and rings!!

:Worried Graemlin:

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
They have probably turned the networks off hun so the bomb can't be set of remotely with a phone. I'm sure she is fine hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Surely it wouldn't ring and ring if they had done that?

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
If it rings and ring on your end it doesn't mean its ringing at the other end......... Ed she will be fine hun. Trust a nutty old chocoholic pirate faery on this one!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
OK, seeing as it's not a crazy nutty old chocoholic pirate faery...

I hope she is...

Be Water My Friend.

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Odd... haven't heard anything about it over here, and I can't find anything on the news about it.
I'm positive that Skully's right. I wouldn't stress over it.
hug2

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
LtC.... Not sure if you remember the days when the IRA were campaigning... there were 100s of real incidents and 1000s of evacuations... frequent, widespread, and rarely reported. Because that was how the 'authorities' played it. Low key, not hysterical but efficient. Someone could drop a suspicious looking sandwich and a place could be evacuated as a precautionary response. I lived in London for 10 years of that.. was personally involved in 3 controlled detonation incidents that never made the papers. There was a lot of sense in the 'calm' response of the the times. Took a lot of the 'terror' out of terrorism....

Nowdays the media goes nuts every chance it gets... repeats and indeed hypes the same stuff till you think everything is worse than it is... take Douglas Adams advice... Don't Panic. its all Mostly Harmless. Even now.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
They did a controlled explosion.

Nucleopoi is fine.

*phew!!*

Be Water My Friend.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
My sister was evacuated form York station, she missed 3 connecting trains and consequently will be very late.

But given a choice between that and her coming back as a corpse, I'm glad they took the proper precautions.

Thank you Mr Police and whoever reported it!

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Nucleopoi only got home to Ripon about 25/30 mins ago!

She was gonna leave at five!!

Be Water My Friend.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
"Someone could drop a suspicious looking sandwich and a place could be evacuated as a precautionary response."

ubblol

So true.

"But given a choice between that and her coming back as a corpse, I'm glad they took the proper precautions."

Do proper precautions include bag searches?!! Lol, just kidding, honestly biggrin hug ubblol

Getting to the other side smile

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol hug

Nope, cos it wasn't in someone's bag!

Sorry, stolen the thread. I'll go back to the other one now... ubbangel

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I answered my own question. Good that everything was ok. (:
EDITED_BY: Kyrian (1123083164)

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
quote: 'They have probably turned the networks off hun so the bomb can't be set of remotely with a phone . . . '

this is an urban myth, people. the reason that the networks went down was in order to allow the emergency services and other important people free access to communications. google it, if you don't believe me.

ture na sig