Forums > Social Chat > Transitions in life ....

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Good morning beautiful souls

As many of you know, tomorrow is my last day at work after 3 1/2 intensive years. And soon enough i'll be starting to travel/spin and hug around the world : HOPers from around the world, here I come

I am finding myself in a strange position though where I know I made the right decision but am under extreme stress. Transitions in life are so hard (as they ar in poi spinning in fact .... ) because it is an undefined, unlabelled moment and yet very important ...

I found that I have learnt a lot about myself in fact through my worries, sadness and fears lately. (Mind you most of me is just shining and sooooo excited and happy though ).

Did I really have a point when I wrote this one ?

Well just saying that obvisouly there is no way I will no longer post here, but I'll sadly have less internet access though sometimes.

Apologies in advance to all questions to me that might remained unanswered online. Promising to answer PMs though as often as I can !!! Will also put a little message up updating with my whereabouts and giving you a poi around the world report

Looking back in the past year or so i still cannot beleive all that HOP has brought me, taught me, given me

I'd love to give props and official thanks to those of you who have litterally changed my little frog's life, but that'd be too long. You know who you are and you know I love you deeply anyway

And many thanks to everyone on HOP for being who they are. Some I never got a real chance to chat with personnaly, some maybe I agreed less with but have always respected I hope.

that's beginning to sound ultra cheesy ... give me some insulin, this is all too sweet

I love you and thank you very genuinely and sincerely... this is not real goodbye, just a love declaration

Shine on, beautiful people !!!!
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

4,224 posts

Posted:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

First post from CHAPATEE36 ... Claire, my best friend whom I have known for ... what ? eeer ... correct me if I am wrong but at least ages and a half ... like at least 15 years !!!! first post to say those nice words.
Tu vas me manquer ma soeur, mon amie. tu as changé ma vie, l'as rendue plus belle et plus forte. je t'aime de toute mon ame, Claire et tu vas tant me manquer ...

Drome I'll teach ya, sweetie, we'll drink beers and chat only in French
shine on
Cass

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
My big sis, I love you very much Cass. I can not wait to meet you. Enjoy your journies and be safe. Keep your feet firmly planted to the raod and keep on walkin. Dont look back love.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
It's rare to know a person capaple of so much love! do you glow in the dark, cass? you might after this magnificent journey!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
*happy dance*

im gonna meet cassandra! im gonna meet cassandra! Im gonna meet cassandra! Im gonna meet cassandra!

*congo's round the room happily...*

Danae precious one, where are you staying in melbourne? if you have no other plans, and my flat is set up here, can i have first dibs on you for a night???

Currently on the right side up of the world.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
yes, she glows in the dark.

i see her.

really, Bends, don't you? (i'm sure you do.)

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
(* ^ that was for Cassie, and only for Cassie *)

quote:
Originally posted by dromepixie:
and so the beautiful song ["Je ne regrette rien"] goes... Mike how did you know about this one?

Much love, Drome
my grandfather was a language prof in China who studied at the Sorbonne and watched Josephine Baker, the African American, strip in the 20s with his friends in Paris. while i was at Harvard, i found her recordings in the archives and made him a tape, along with songs by Edith Piaf, who was after his time there, though he taught at Sorbonne before Piaf was popular. grandpa hadn't yet heard of her. i've kept a copy of that cassete with me. grandfather's been gone. . .my, my my. 18 years? he was 89, born end of century before last, 10 years older than grandma who's 97 now.

oh, i had known of Piaf, the "little swallow," since i can remember. . .ah, yes, mother had her in the collection before i was born, and later i bought her vinyl as a kid when i saw it.

ah, i now recall. . . l'hirondelle, that would be, right? and funny for me to recall so slowly, i live near Mission San Juan Capistrano on the coast here, where the mission is famous for welcoming the swallows returning from their warm South American sejour each year, and the one French restaurant in the middle of the townsquare in San Juan Capistrano, California is L'Hirondelle.

my room-mate at Harvard, from Romania, said of her when i came back from the archives, with a raised brow and a grin, "ah yes? that's music for dancing at the edge of a grave with a rose in your teeth." he was, i sort of recall, on a comforter spread in the dorm living room with his girlfriend or soon after she had left from an intimate picnic there with him.

i've always loved her work, and almost composed, was seeking the inspiration, for something in her style a few years ago for a semi-coloratura Canadian singer who taught me a few martial arts kicks, she was a blackbelt living on a church property in a tiny cottage with a cute name i don't have on my tongue now, and was the unknown presence at night.

for everyone who knows of her great and tragic love, not her typically superbusy singing career and messy love affairs, but her one great love, for the American who died in a plane crash, for whom her torch song is famous among her many moving, vibrantly tremulo great renditions, shaking with emotion but beyond any melodrama with her unquenchable intensity. . . her song, regretting nothing,

"not the good they've done me, nor the bad,
for me [now] it's all the same,

no, nothing out of it all,
no, nothing i regret. . .

all begins out of me!. . ."

(my impromptu, raw, translation now)

is sheer heartblade inspiration pushing us forward in glorious, open, unabashed, courageous fulness, tears and joy in our eyes at once, faces lit and determined and crumbling-elated with love, singing our hearts as a potent force moving anything before us in the world as we move.

how do you know of her, dromepixie, and how do you feel about "rien de rien"?

~ Mikie

[ 14 October 2002, 16:59: Message edited by: FíreMîke ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I know of a Brazilian singer who did a corver...
Cassia Eller

'Je ne regrette rien' thats how I feel

Love n hugs, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Flynt:
*happy dance*

im gonna meet cassandra! im gonna meet cassandra! Im gonna meet cassandra! Im gonna meet cassandra!

*congo's round the room happily...*

-drome *links arms with Flynt and begins dancing whilst all of HOP slowly joins to make a big Earth Dance for the arrival of our beloved Cass*

I cant wait to see her!!!!!

Your translation is off hun
But I can say I would probably do worse!

Much love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

4,224 posts

Posted:
Ah … i have been struggling to get to Hop in the past few days. I could connect to my profile, but never to the board : confused :

Anyway .. ; sigh boy do I miss you all allready ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Bender, I don’t know if I glow in the dark, but given the amount of spinners amongst my friends and how little I am , that is beginning to scare me : what if one of my tall friends decided i am « spinnable » and uses me as a poi ? ? ? ? : eek :

Fire Mike, you amazing soul … it moves me to read how you write about Rien de Rien …
The love story between edith piaf and Marcel cerdan is one of the most beautiful stories of all time i think speaking of love stories, to all of you who can speak French since there is no english translation yet (correct me if I am wrong though) please read « La nuit des temps » by Barjavel : love and science fiction in on e of those stories that make me jealous of whoever is about to discover that bookfor teh first time : love :

Flynt, spending time with you in one of the reasons i am coming to Melburp, hun (you and that sick little dude at the end of COL 3 doing those crazy jumps ) I CAN’T WAIt. Do not hae any place to crash in melbourne yet, so your offer, if yo have the flat sounds just too good to be true

Drome, will you be working november 8th when i get to London ?

Hugs and snuggles and giggles and sunshine to all of you
Shine on …
Cassandra

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
Hi cass... really looking forward to seeing u when u come to london, and although i've not been around long, have already heard many good things bout u!

see u soon!!!

havoc

you have to let it all go... Fear, doubt and disbelief... Free your mind!

Times like these people wanna get High...
Real High and Real Fast...
This is gonna do it!!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

That was the sound of me after realising I'm not going to be in or anywhere near London over the weekend of the 9th.

However, since you're going to be in London until the 13th, what plans do you have on the monday or tuesday Cass? I'm sure I could scrape together enough time off work to meet you for at least part of a day

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

4,224 posts

Posted:
no particular plans on those days, and REALLY WANT to meet you
keep me posted, Bovril

see you soon Havoc

Shine on
Cassandra

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I am unsure but you can come along to my pub and I will pour you a pint...

I only have my schedule a week in advance...

Oh and you have a warm bed + food at my house anytime you like hun!

Much love and hugs, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Right - I've booked the Tuesday off work.
That way, I can meet you some time during the day, and actually get to Spitalfields on time in the evening, which never usually happens

Speaking of which, what time on Wednesday are you going to be leaving London? I'm sure there'll be loads of people at Spitalfields on Tuesday night who'll want to say hello (if they havn't already over the weekend)

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Something tells me that Cassandra is going to have a very hectic time everywhere she goes, with a gazillion people to meet and a gazillion crepes to make!

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Don't forget to go to "The Ten Bells" in Whitechapel.
Its a pretty cool pub.

Raph

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
should just point out danae does NOT in fact make crepes as previously advertised....

R

brain replacement...anyone?

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Well, along with everyone else, let me know if you're going to hit Denver....

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Good luck on your travels and stuff, and here's a little advice gleaned from my own private hell :
Only when the flames have finally died to ashes, only then will the phoenix rise

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
*still dancing round the room, congoing with Drome and everyone else following behind...*
im gonna meet cassandra......

`
so, urm, do we have an eta for your being in australia? cos if its in the second half of the year, you will get to see another good friend at my place too...... *GRIN*
oh
and sparxy Too! hooray! (how could i forget!)

Currently on the right side up of the world.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Best wishes Cassandra. May the world greet you as warmly as you have greeted us.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

4,224 posts

Posted:
Bovril ; this is sooooo cool we get some time together to play and have fun. YAY

Mineiro please stop trying to ruin my crepe reputation just cause you did not get any. Promise you will next week

Jade Lynx.. ; sorry no denver for me this time but hopefully one day !

Kinda thinking of going to Sheffield 2/3rd of november, but should post that on the sheffield activities I guess… hope I could meet and play with all or you ? Hope i can see Spiral and his beautiful eyes then heard that Orange is FINALLY back too ? ? ? ? that’d be sooooo good !

Flynt, i’ll be in Melbourne late feb, early march. Will post the dates as soon as I buy my ticket for sure

N8 thanks so much, and a happy wedding and long life of fun and joy with your lady

Mucho love

Shine on
cassandra

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Hey cass, you know your welcome to visit any time

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
i love you my orange sister
lets forget all about spoons and think of new places and adventures and different spoons

really looking forward to seeing your eyes in person - instead of my minds remembrances when we are on the phone or here or e-mails

I wish you 'portable orange energies'©
for you to take everywhere you go

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hey beautiful! can't wait to meet you- good luck- will email soon-

socal! help me go set back to san diego when cass is gonna be there! it's the weekend after classes start. plz help, anyone who can!

i need to say hullo to the shining fairy in person!

peace & love, kyri

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

4,224 posts

Posted:
Spiral, see you and your beautiful eyes november 2nd and 3rd YAY

Orange brother i love you too and we shall be hugging and playing soon in teh Sheffield and the London orange dimensions

Kyrian .. ; that’d be soo cool .. YAY SOCAL PEEPS HELP TWO SIS GET TOGETHER

Much love and very thankfull for all the love and warmth

Shine on
Cassandra

Page: