Forums > Social Chat > the younger the better???

Login/Join to Participate

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
After making a clearing in the kitchen, yesterday, I began twirling my sock poi. My 5 year old daughter (well she'll be 5 in September) walked in. Since I only started spinning about a fortnight ago she stood and laughed as I socked myself in the eye or thigh. So I showed her the moves I could do, which isn't many, including TTN and the weave, and she didn't look too impressed, so she thought it would be fun to run around me dodging as I spun, then falling to the floor giggling when they hit her.
So I said to her "ok, Smartie Pants let's see you try." and as you can imagine, she really showed me!
There's me trying to explain to her the swings first, and she goes and spins a butterfly straight away, when it took ME half a day to figure out how to do it!

So now I will mould her into a spinning phenomenon.
Watch this space...

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I know its a bit off the subject, but is it just me or is your avatar making googaly eyes?

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Sir Nuggit....is a liability
899 posts

Posted:
I was thinking about this yesterday.

I haven't been spinning long and have mastered the basics, but we learnt in psychology that it is much easier to learn something new at an early age than someone say, my age.

Our ability to take in, store and access new information reduces with age, especially when it comes to languages and motor functions.

I wish I were 4 again ubbloco

Pull my pin out, roll me in to a room and see what happens ubbloco

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
i still am 4

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

899 posts

Posted:
Written by: blu_valley

I know its a bit off the subject, but is it just me or is your avatar making googaly eyes?

ubblol I had to look twice as well.

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
yes it is true the younger the better, they seem to pick things up too quickly, its scary! ubblol

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I wish I was 4 again WITH the googly eyes... biggrin
I didn't start juggling till I was 26 (i could do 3 ball cascade before but nothing fancy)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

899 posts

Posted:
Written by: Joint President Sir Noddy

i still am 4

I remember being 4, actually I can remember my 4th birthday. When I think back to it, there were balloons (I now have a fear of said fun bags) cakes (my birthday cake was a train made of a chocolate log and smarties) , sausage rolls and coke. Oh, and me weeing off of my balcony.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
yes, my avatar is making googly eyes.
Oh behold the power of paintshop pro!!!

I'm very proud of my daughter, she'd had a close brush with death at 6months old- meningitis (the B strain) but had suffered no side effects although she was unconscious for 6 days. She's also reading at a 7year old's level, which her nursery teachers found amazing. I just though-
"hey at least she knows when there's a sale on at Woolworth's"

I tried peeing out my window once. Its more difficult when you're a girl though!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
ubblol its hard isnt it

wait!!....im a guy..... biggrin

899 posts

Posted:
Written by: Tinklepants

I tried peeing out my window once. Its more difficult when you're a girl though!

ubblol How old were you when this happened? I know a girl who can pee in the gents (urinal) - as happens in "The Full Monty".

I remember what it was like to be a kid, wanting to be like all the adults and to do what I wanted to, when I wanted to. Now I'd give anything to be that care-free, cheeky little bugger once again (but possibly know what I know now) and perhaps I'd be so much better at spinning lol

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
I can't remember how old I was, although for fun I pee standing up and facing the toilet.

Aim n shoot haha

899 posts

Posted:
Sorry, offtopic I know, but do you ever race the flush too? Or is that just me?

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Sir Nuggit, you are not alone!
But I only race the flush if I needed to flush, if someone left me a little surprise that is...

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
As regards racing the flush I used to, but to wash and dry my hands and be out of the bathroom rather than what you might be talking about.

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Life is a race
As a kid you wanna grow up asap, then it's a race to see if you can reach 80 before death meets you!

899 posts

Posted:
Live fast, die young a leave a (relatively) good looking corpse biggrin

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Children have these things called "brains," which, unlike ours, are very plastic.

And they soak up information at a truly alarming rate.

It never ceases to shock, amaze, and envy me.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Not being such a bumbling idiot could help me on my quest.
I'm more accident prone than... an accident prone idiot. Nearly smashed my washing up then. that'll teach me to put it away before spinning commences.