Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > isolated stalling flowers or somthing like that

Login/Join to Participate

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
I've been playing about with this move recenly but I'm not quite sure what it is or weather it's got a proper name confused

basically the story starts in at poi in the park in sheffield where some random bloke show me this nice stall thing from isolations in the wall plane (poi going in the same direction) you push one poi up and one down till they almost stall then continue spinning the same way. Anyway was playing about with this last weekend and came figured you can do the same thing side ways and from that putting it into a flower like structure didn't take huge imagination

so basicly the move is from wal plane isolations push/stall Right Poi (RP) up to 12 o'clock and LP down to 6 o'clock in the next beat start moving hand clockwise to 3 and 9 o'clock then push/stall RP left ot 9 o'clock and LP right 3 o'clock again in the next beat move hands to 12 and 6 ... till after 4 stalls your back to the same position.

It seems quite tough to get the stalls prefectly in time with each and rotations but when it works has a real fluidity to it.

So has anyone else been playing with this have I wasted your time cos u've just come from reading a big thread about the same thing ( in which case sucks to be you ubblol) anyway let me know your thoughts

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Does Garthy do these? Or perhaps not a quite as extended version?

Stalls or pendulum?

ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Not 100% sure but it sounds like youre talking about the "waterfall" isolations that people were going on about a few months ago.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

inpsydoutBRONZE Member
57 posts

Posted:
ive been playing with these a bit. the poi which you stall at 12 o'clock can also be done BTB and the poi stalling at 6 o'clock can be stalled over the opposite shoulder. hope that helps smile

i cdnoult blveiee taht i cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht i was rdanieg!

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Yeah just looked up waterfalls and it sounds pretty simalar apart from am not sure if my aim is to make it a full isolation for half a beat whiel the hands swap sides (shall see when I get it smoother) also it's putting it into a flower patten. but good work now I have a name to go on beerchug

Dunc - don't think i've seen garthy doing these. not sure if they're stalls cos the poi keep going in the same direction and they're definately not pendiums. think there somewhere between isolations and stalls but reserve the right to change my mind till i've got them more solid smile
EDITED_BY: T&B (1120601530)

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
tim - in your first post description, you missed abit - are your poi spinning clockwise or anticlockwise?

doing what you describe with anticlockwise spinning poi is what i use to teach antispin smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
I'm doing it with poi spinning clockwise which makes the second cross over tending towards anitspin (so as to cross the hands over with right on top) will have to try out anit spin version and get make to you on that ([censored] just as i'm getting one smooth spank)

inpsydout- think I've been trying the same thing out (after the first stall type thing push the top hand over the shoulder) But i'm much in need of a full length mirror to see what it looks like and how to get it smooth

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
***Garth waits for tim to come down this weekend***

Are you coming down still tim? biggrin

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx