Forums > Videos > short video - beginner

Login/Join to Participate

MoatisSILVER Member
8 posts

Posted:
My first video! Yay! weavesmiley

Er... right, it's nothing special, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Short vid of me playing around with my poi in my living room. Shot with my webcam so ignore the poor quality please.

At any rate, here it is:video

Also remember that I'm new at spinning, and didn't have a lot of room to do various moves in my living room. redface

When my mom gets her first set in the mail, we might be able to put together a fun video of both of us spinning. Heh.

Moatis

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
any chance of filming outside for a bit longer? maybe beg/borrow a camera off a friend? it's a bit hard to comment on a vid where you only spin two moves, and you look really constrained by the space. But well done for being brave enough to put out a vid hug

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Silver_BlazeSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
spiffyness. I'm a begginer too for the most part. My poi are pretty much tennis balls covered with duck tape on a string, and I spin in my room in about a three by five foot space. ^^;;
Anyway, video looks good. *nods* I've been spinning for a couple months and still only do weave and butterfly and variations of the two.

MoatisSILVER Member
8 posts

Posted:
I've only had mine for a couple of weeks. The lack of moves is definitely due to not being able to do them in front of my computer where I can see the lessons...

I am starting to go outside more and just experiment with them. Maybe I'll learn a cool move without even knowing it. biggrin

And yes, better videos of me outside will eventually happen when I have time, and actually know a few more moves.

Moatis

s1owpokeSILVER Member
11 posts

Posted:
Nice, i have been spinning for about 2 days now and am amazed that you can do a weave 2 weeks into it. Maybe I should start on that myself instead of trying to do the butterfly. It does hurt sometimes ubbloco and I think it would be a good change

Keep it up

paulbrillBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Not bad...

Your weave looked good, although I only saw your left going over your right. Try to work on a 3-beat weave by getting your right arm over your left arm every other time.

Can you do the butterfly in both directions?

Keep working at it... it's looking awesome!

MoatisSILVER Member
8 posts

Posted:
Reviving an old thread of mine...

First off, here's another video I made a while back. It was just something I was playing around with. Quality wasn't the best, as one piece was taken with my old dying camera, and the others were with my webcam without the best lighting. I have a new camera now, and I will try to get some better vids of me spinning once all the icky snow goes away... smile

Video

Second, has anyone else tried Stickam? Free webcam service thing. Allows you to add your webcam to your site. (Like here: my site) Figured I'd let people know of it in case anyone ever wants to get a little poi party going online. :P

Moatis
EDITED_BY: Moatis (1141614145)

brokenopheliaBRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
That was really good! I like the glowyness....I am obsessed with glowyness! It rocked! I wish I was brave enough to share my videos.