Forums > Social Discussion > My stupid emotions - advice please

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Probably gonna get deleted but oh, well, here goes:

I underwent my first session of hypnotherapy last night because I have serious security issues concerning my better half. I can't stop feeling paranoid or jealous because every guy she meets, fancies her and has to tell her so, and offer her their love. It's even close friends of mine from uni that I trust, that I introduce to her that do it. These are the ones that piss me off the most. I always get scared that one day she'll get a better offer than I can give her, and she'll be off. I know that she thinks an awful lot of me, and that the chances of it happening are very very slim, but still I get worried. I don't want to lose the best thing that has ever happened to me. It's happened at least ten times since we've been together and it makes me so insecure that I try to push her away and hurt her before anything like that has a chance to happen to me. Thank the powers that be that I haven't managed to do it yet, and that she's so fantastic and strong that she sticks by me (god knows I don't deserve it after the way I've hurt her) But i just decided I'm getting sick of feeling so paranoid for no reason, and causing quite a bit of pain for the both of us.

Thankyou Georgina for being so amazing and having the patience for putting up with me. Words cannot express how wonderful I think you are.

I know she can't help being fantastic and beautiful, But why do other men not realise that when people are together, they are together and that's that? I wouldn't go trying to split people up because I had feelings for someone else's girlfriend. It's just not done. It's downright rude as well as makes me feel like complete sh!t.

Anyway...

My first session was last night. My mum's partner is a qualified hypnotherapist, So I get the treatment for free. It was the most amazing and yet freaky thing I have ever done!!

There I am, sitting in a chair, listening to him say things like 'your eyelids are getting heavy, and this is ok' and then he shows me a spot on his hand (proper David Blaine style) and before I know it, he's told me to close my eyes and that they're locked shut. I try to open them, but nothing. It's as if my entire body is paralysed, but I'm still in complete control of everything that is going on around me. He tells me to relax, and counts me down the 'stairs of relaxation', whereupon every step you go down, doubles your state of relaxation. By the time I get to the bottom, my body feels like a lead weight, and I feel so peaceful and calm.

He then took me on a 'trip to the cottage'. 'The Cottage' is an imaginary cottage in your head. you build up a picture of the most beautiful cottage you can imagine (mine was in Falmouth, for some reason) and the cottage is right on a cliff-edge. You walk into it and see that it's in a mess. there's crap lying everywhere, but this is no ordinary crap. What's lying around is all the emotions and experiences and indeed anything that you don't like about yourself, and you have to tidy up. I started off last night by ridding myself of quite a lot of jealousy that had built up in my mind, and a small bit of some other bad aspects of myself. I also managed to incorporate some of the urge to smoke in my rubbish. It felt so good. Once I had cleaned up a bit, I was told to 'tie a knot in the rubbish sack so that nothing could get out, take the sack to end of the picturesque garden, and throw it over the cliff'. Done. A weight off my shoulders.

Aftre that, he counted me out of the trance that I was in, saying 'when I get to the number five, you will be able to open your eyes'. 'one' he said. nothing. I tried to open my eyes early, but couldn't. 'Two'. same thing happened. 'three, four' again no response from me. 'Five' I opened my eyes and was wide awake, and still fully aware of what had been happening.

Does anyone else go through these emotions concerning their partners? Or am I just weird? How does everyone else deal with them? Can you give me any tips? Has anyone else broken up with people for reasons they later found out to be crap?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
thank you for such helpful advice lol

ubblol ubblol ubblol

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I now realise that I jumped to quite a few conclusions about nucleopoi. I owe her a huge apology for treating her like sh!t and making her not know where she stands for the last two weeks.

Your patience has been commendable. I'm sorry I pushed it close to the limit. Please forgive me. redface ubbcrying

EDIT: Commendable isn't a strong enough word...
EDITED_BY: loves the circus (1121075420)

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Welld one in getting a job George, see you in september, or at the next falmouth whichever is sooner.

Realistically i reckon the enxt proper falmouth wont be till next summer, they will prob try to do the christmas one which is def way too cold, but considering the crap turnout of last yr i doubt it, there will prob be an easter one too which was great if just a little nippy!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
Written by: Nucleopoi

lol it just gets better,

now they say they dont want me cos before they didnt realise it was only for 2 months as i was going back to uni.

im finding all this quite humerous now cos its so unbelievable.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by loves the circus

Be Water My Friend.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Guys some of this stuff is pretty personal, i think you should talk it through with each other before writing about it on here

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Good point... I'll delete that last post...

Be Water My Friend.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
ed what did you write in the deleted post.

pm it to me im intruiged

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
k i know it was deleted but i am going to comment on it anyway.
you can not loose anyone who doesn't want to be lost

hug

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
yes thats the point iv been trying to say all the time.

its got to the stage though where i do want to get lost then return later when all this has blown over ed.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
you both need to sit down as adults and talk this through with both of you being 100% honest without any bickreing, or blame and you need to do this ASAP for both of your sakes. its not going to blow over issues never do they get worse the more you ignor them, and you both have things that need working out. hug

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
done that 20 times over.iv had enough of it.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
well it needs doing so you actually sort stuff out, which it obviousley hasn't

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
it is for me as i told you.

ed needs to sort himself out.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I'm trying to.

I'm getting better, too. Slightly.

Be Water My Friend.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
lol your scratching the surface of the world with a needle,well done for persisting though

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Errm, do you think you should be talking about this in a public forum?

*NOT a criticism* but if someone said to me what Nucleopoi just said, then I wouldn't really want the whole website to hear it.

I'm all for sorting out problems with the help of the community, but maybe you should stop talking like this on the forums, and do it face to face like GFette recommended.

Keep working at it, I'm sure you'll both make it through the rough spots. smile

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
he knows what i meant, no criticism meant at all.

ed started the thread surely realising it would get like this in the end.

all he wanted i think was for people to see what we were going through and to offer help from seeing exactly where the problems were.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Yeah I know what was meant.

In starting this thread I wanted people to see what I was going through, so that I could get advice, or help, or even just sympathy and comfort from seeing that what I am going through isn't so bad as it seems, and to get a different perspective on my feelings. I have very depressive tendencies, and reading all of this helps me to see a positive side of things.

I have no problems with it being discussed on a public forum, If I did I wouldn't have started the thread, or encourage answers like those I've been getting.

Thankyou everyone, especially Nucleopoi, for your support, it means a lot to me.

Be Water My Friend.

Just_Curiousmember
39 posts

Posted:
Hang on... what's this about medication not being the answer? I'm 16, and I had a mental breakdown in november last year. I'm on antidepressants. Nothing strong, in fact, people take the same things for migraines.

I didn't think the pills were making a difference until I came off them and became well, suicidal is an understatment. I'm not saying that was all that was going on, I was desperately insecure, and thanks to the pills, and loosing my so called "friends" I managed to loose weight, managed to do my GCSE's in 5 monthes and generally got on with life. I now have the most amazing boyfriend ever, and very few friends. I'm going to college in september too. The drugs I'm on have allowed me to carry on with life. There's always two sides to the story. Drugs may not work for everyone, and may not always be the answer, and I can't say drugs were the entire answer, but they're great for something tempory to help you think clearly when depressed. Just until you can sort out your life yourself, then you can ease off them. The target for coming off them for me is Christmas.

Drugs are there for a reason, and while some people may abuse their right to prescribe them (in fact being put on the pill when all I needed were iron tablets is the cause of the imbalance in my brain that triggered the depression. grr) but they CAN help. And they are not a complete right off.

And you aren't [censored] up if you need them.

Aly. x

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy." -Albert Einstein.

"... the moon is pushed around the sky by a goblin named Wilberforce."

Just_Curiousmember
39 posts

Posted:
*laughter* I just realised I only read half the thread before posting... oops. Sorry.

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy." -Albert Einstein.

"... the moon is pushed around the sky by a goblin named Wilberforce."

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
go read it all then

Page: ...