Forums > Social Chat > Fire Breathing World Record (New 2007)

Login/Join to Participate

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Hey Kids,

Not sure if anyone will remember me, but I used to run Incendium Fire Circus in and around Brisbane, Australia.

This Sunday I flew down to Sydney to attempt to break the existing Guinness World Record for the Highest Fire Breathe. It will be airing on Channel 7's new show on a Sunday night about 5 weeks from now, so just thought I'd give everyone a heads up in case you wanted to watch it.

Also, Stae and I (both from Incendium) are in the process of setting up a new fire group called Androgen ... so keep an eye out for us around the place ... we'll have a website up very soon.

from.draevon

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Member number 7... ooooooooo smile

cool smile shame i wont be able to see it frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Oh you noticed my #7 =P

Yeah I'm heaps old school. I think the Guinness Record Shows all share their content between coutries, so keep an eye out. With a bit of luck we'll have a copy of the footage to put on our site when it's up.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Sweet smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
so you beat bobs 4 metres straight up then?
I took part in the official guiness record for the most fire breathers flaming at the same time at stonehenge last september (67) that was on t.v. here, yours willprobably be on challenge TV on SKY....
Keep us posted about anyother records dude.
*doffs cap*
Impressed i am. clap wow

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
67 fire breathers ... that's a fair lot. Good work.

Yessum I beats Bob's 4 metres ... I made 5.4. I wasn't entirely the happiest with how it went (had to do it under a low roof) but it's still a record so I'm pretty happy with that. Thankyou for 'doffing' your cap ... that's a lovely thing to do smile

from.draevon
androgen

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
woot 5.4 thats a lota fire smile

back

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Sounds good to me .... member number 7....hehe

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
heh ... 'woot' is what I said too.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Video of the event last year with all 67 breathers can be found here in downloads, entitled fire breathing world record.

Tiz only a short vid but looks ace biggrin

Good luck with beating it ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Just a quick update. I've just arrived home after a trip to Beijing to defend my Fire Breathing Guinness World Record against a Chinese challenger. Everything went a fair bit better than I expected ... the new world record stands at 7.2 metres =)

I'll post a video of it in a few months once I get a copy after the event screens on CCTV. I'll probably even blog about my trip after I sleep for a little bit.

from.draevon