AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Ummm, I did a Durbs, and nothing came up frown

I'd like to think that there is already a thread out there on this, and so mods, if there is, feel free to lock this discussion.

Congratulations to Pele and Malcolm on the production of the fire safety video and the interview with Pele.

What an effort, you both deserve a big round of applause.

clap clap clap thankx

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Definately. I agree, though having watched the bloopers vid as well, I think they had far too much fun doing a serious safety video! wink

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

AlfredSILVER Member
Altyd Brandend
149 posts

Posted:
yeah i also enjoyed watching it...good job guys!

Spinning makes my world go round

nucleonnewbie
404 posts

Posted:
I watched it (the backyard spinners video) and I do a lot dirffrent than in the video. does this mean Im a danger to myself and my envoirement. do I underestemate the flame? am I a bad boy if i do not have a towel with me? or when I spin off?

so you think Im not a newbie? Ok I'll be the King of the newbies. Nucleon the king of all noobs

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Ade spank

I posted [Old link] in the thread about it over an hour before you tongue

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Technically Flid, that thread is about Col 2005, and not the safety vids specifically...so this is still relevant wink

I'm glad that it seems to be being received well. It *was* fun to make. Malcolm, Chris, Karen and Tim were great to work with and extremely supportive and generous, especially with the tissues. smile

I've now heard from a couple of people who have said this has helped how they view safety and two who are rethinking their choice to fire breathe. That is what this was for and has really made making it worth it for me.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i read the title 'malcolm and peles videos' and expected much more, but on downloading the video, its almost as good.

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Pete that is soooo rude!

I d/l and watched last night, and I have to say, Pele gets all the good lines, i.e. she gets all the lines!

Very informative chaps, thank you very much for the time and effort that went into it... I will be making sure that people I know who spin fire without any research will be getting a telling off and a fire safety checklist, and these vids.

Thanks again!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I like seeing Malcolm in a dress.

biggrin

and a tight pair of cycling shorts..

Well done, and very nice work on this. Its a great idea clap

'malcolm and peles videos'... Pete- yes. But im going to stay silent about that ubbangel

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Pete...how'd you find out about those? eek

Flashpoint...Malcolm says "Am I ready for fire?"..so I didn't get all of them. wink

Pele

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
'you look like the Maggie Thatcher out of Madame Tusaudes!'
excellent ubblol

Just downloading the safety vid now smile

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
Ohh yeah definately a few laughs were had........Even my goat (Pushie made it into the backyard safety vid part. If ya look carefully at the beginning in the background behiind my kombi van you can see my goat (Pushie)........Definately glad not all the blooper bits made it on though...
Yes you know the dodgey bits I mean Pele wink
Malcolm in a dress.... From memory filming had to stop so Pele could stop giggling like a school girl at that stage....... Great to hear that you have received positive feedback from it also Pele...
juggle weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley juggle

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
very good. very informative.
It still needs chatter in a pub yet but people who attend the Hastings spin are almost certain to be using the fire safety check list, amongst other legalities, in conjuntion with the video at spins from now on.

thank you hug

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
pele, after thinking for a solid 20 minutes of how i found out, im pretty much drawing a blank, so ill just say google, that works.

cheers, pete wink

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"Avoid dangley bits"

biggrin

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
I learned a lot from the safety vid - extremely well put together and informative. Thanks to HOP and Pele for going to all that time and expense for our benefit. I'm sure many accidents will be avoided as a direct result of your hard work hug ubbrollsmile

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: Kombi guy

Yes you know the dodgey bits I mean Pele wink

I have no clue what you are talking about. ubbangel Okay, so I do 'cause it still makes me giggle like mad everytime I think on it...but I haven't told anyone like I promised...well, anyone who knows who you are that is! biggrin

Written by: Kombi guy

Malcolm in a dress.... From memory filming had to stop so Pele could stop giggling like a school girl at that stage

Like a 13 year old school girl thanks! wink Yeah...couldn't be helped. If we had have slapped a wig on him he could've given the Maggie at Tousaudes in Niagara Falls a run for her money. ubblol Still makes me laugh really hard in fact.

Written by: UCOF

Avoid dangly bits

In the end this was a good wording, it means so much to different people...*cough*men*cough*

Pete- so now comes to the question...which one of us did you do the google on to find it? eek wink

Aimee and Jo, I am so glad you found them useful and informative, in any fashion. Though Jo, I have to admit I was surprised when you told me that you learned stuff from it, since you are such and old skooler and spinning god. hug

I have to go do another interview today about the accident for a documentary. This one is going to be longer and more involved. I had a really hard time keeping it together for the one with Malcolm, so this one should be interesting.

Pele

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Pele hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

From what you have posted on here, and from your video, we all know you had a *very* hard time of it, and we know the reasons for sharing it with the global fire community. If your interviews/safety advice prevents anyone else from having an accident like yours, then you will have succeeded.

For my part, I now take every precaution (apart from the kitty litter biggrin) when I spin fire. When I practice at home, I have a welder's flame retardant suit so I dont hurt myself... And I always use "safe" fuels.

I'm trying to start a local community in Chester, and your teachings will form an integral part of anyone who wishes to spin fire.

hug Keep fighting the good fight!

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
pele: both, of course, with some other, erm, keywords.

cheers, pete wink

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Where can I get a pair of shorts like Malcolm had on?

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
They were boxers that said "Big Kahuna" on them! ubblol
Maybe a search for Big Kahuna Undies? wink

Pele

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
"I heard a them... Thats that Hawaiian Undie shop downtown...
...mmm now they are some tasty undies!"

filthy 23BRONZE Member
136 posts

Posted:
YAY FOR THE VIDEOS!!!!
I'm telling everyone I know to watch em.
good work!

wow thankx

clap

beerchug

I AM working.

laura_Sweeney1BRONZE Member

Posted:
i finally tried fire poi for the first time last night after looking into it for a long time. your video helped me out verrrrrry much considering that the friend i had with me wasn't taking the fire safety seriously. couldn't (more like wouldn't) have done it without you. thanks soapbox