Forums > Social Chat > my first spin for a performance..........

Login/Join to Participate

melonBRONZE Member
Inept Cock
162 posts

Posted:
laast night at my dads 40th b'day bash i decided to get the poi out and do one set to darude sandstorm, there were about 50 people watching including my dad weavesmiley , the first minute was censored terrible, everyone was laughing at my and censored slaggin it off and as soon as the censored beat kicked in i whent ninja / pyscho and they alll just whent silent until the song finished, then all i heard was an applause and cheering followed by censored all of them shouting encore, so i done one more song set for them then i was given a special request by the ol git himself to do it all again non stop (at this point my arms are burning like censored buggery) so i said yeah go for it and i did the routine and it was really good, so much fun, i picked up the camera today to find the censored video camera didnt censored pick up the leds.................. frown, but i really did enjoy it, grerat confidence boost

and we got bored this morning so we found an old hoover cool

Click Me

right click and save as

im alan partridge........AHA!

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
censored censored censored? censoredcensoredcensoredcensoredcensored. censored!

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

melonBRONZE Member
Inept Cock
162 posts

Posted:
fook off...............jus because i swear when i drink, but im really a very placid guy. well i think so, baaa i dont care really, night night

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Hey you did well - you were obviously wired with adrenaline when you posted, hence the expletives, so thanx for sharing your excitement with us. thankx

I felt a little bit the same last weekend - spun fire for my neices as they hadn't seen it and got applause from other people on the beach. It was a great confidence boost and just what i needed right now as I'm performing at my friends wedding in August in front of 100 odd people and I'm terrified for making her look silly cos she's got confidence in me putting on a decent show help

Stick with it hun hug - just have fun

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

melonBRONZE Member
Inept Cock
162 posts

Posted:
itll be fun, the gutting thing was, my led poi collided on the last spin and blew both of them apart frown ubbcrying , so ifeel my bank card very slowly climbing out of my wallet roflmao

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
my first performanc involved being in a club on a break beats night and a dancer i know collaring my and asking if i wanted to go on stage....2 seconds passed and i said yes. as the dj's changed we came on me with glow sticks, her with her staff and her mate dancing inbetween us. nearves where totaly out the window as we began to spin as the filthyest hardest tune you ever heard came on. i didn't hit myself once and had a realy good sesh and by the end of it was totaly knakered and soaked in sweat. then i got invited back stage to chill out n change clothes, meet the dj that i sesh'd with and he was full of praise, big time confidence boost ubbrollsmile

melonBRONZE Member
Inept Cock
162 posts

Posted:
i smacked myself about 10 times but you know it didnt hurt, just gutted i need new leds

7,193 posts

Posted:
i've only been spinning since christmass, i fond as my reactions got better i hit myself less and less...... still hit myself now and then..... mostly in the nuts ubblol

i'm not condoning this but i find i spin better when i'm trashed devil

melonBRONZE Member
Inept Cock
162 posts

Posted:
maybe its cos you cant feel it hit you ubblol

7,193 posts

Posted:
oh..... you definatly feel it hit you!!!!!

i just find it easyer to block out the crowd and zone in on my poi, perfoming infront of a thousand plus people is quite an experience. i'm not saying i'm compleatly off my face... just off the level.

bouncing round at a rave, spinning poi, not caring about tricks and just letting the poi do the work is my style.
LET THE MUSIC TAKE CONTROLL

and euphoria be your guide

7,193 posts

Posted:
i dunno how, but at one rave i was spinning away and some girl just came walking up to me, somehow she made it to within two feet of me without me stopping or hitting her. there we are face to face dancing away, me spinning behind her back. (Mmmmmmmmm very seductive)

least to say we spent the night kissing n dancing together, (pity i never got her number)

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
Once did a fire performance in the middle of the dancefloor to some very fine tunes!
Started by swinging the poi around my feet untill I got a little space to work with. Then slowly worked my way up, untill they were all over the place. The crowd went wild and everybody started dancing more intensely!
Fireperformance at rave is a definate adrenaline boost, and not only for the performeer. That same night, me and some friends did some fire outside the club. We were divided by french windows from the crowd and all they saw were our shadows and the fire. Excellent!!!

If anybody is in the neighbourhood, during summer on monday nights, we entertain the crowds with fire after the fireworks!!!
All are invited!

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde
Jointly owned by FreyaJ, Birgit and Aurinko