Forums > Social Chat > i becoming a poi addict.....& Levithan/ Destination anyone?

Login/Join to Participate

KTmember
54 posts

Posted:
hey people, anyone out there go to Levithan on Saturday night @ the civic? (Christchurch) If you did you might have seen some crazi chic spining poi’s like no tomorrow, (me)it was an awesome experience, all i remember is looking at my watch and it was one and then having a spin on the light poi’s and looking at my watch and it was four, time flies when you’re having fun it was great, i couldnt stop!!! loved it, im an addict...and i dont need help!what really pissed me off was the people who just walked straight into me, i dont think they realised how much they can cain you....but i’d just get going *yay* and then they waltz on into me get smacked in the head and waltz on off again(in a daze of course) it wasn’t good.....i was minding my own business making a space and making sure no one was around that would get hit, but yeah....you get that i guessVery sore arms & wrists on Sunday..............tiger balm man its Great....recommend it to anyone! i’ve just talked a load of crap, wickid.Also did anyone go to Destination? spose not many CHCH people in here though is there? sweet....happi twirling ppl...luff KT

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hey,Always good to hear about keen twirlers...I'm from Australia, and I was wondering how I might find out about Trance parties in NZ? especially outdoors psy-trance doof style ones smileI love to twirl, and so I know I will journey to NZ at some stage to see the home of Poi (no offence Malcolm smile myself.Most ppl here are addicts...I can fully understand your frustrations about the ppl walking into you...my gf is always freaked by near misses we have...I'm a bit over it, a good whack on the melon with my poi ought to make the stoopid ppl more sensitive to their environment... winkanyhow - welcome!Josh

KTmember
54 posts

Posted:
i usually twirl fire not beaming poi's, so i had a great buzz on sat, sort of first time with B-poi and i coulndt put them down......i miss the sound of fire when i use B P's though......but yeah the NZ party scene is pretty good, theres a few good outdoor gigs here and there, im not a trance girl myself, prefer drum and bass, specially to twirl to its a buzz. But most raves (hate that word) have 3 or 4 zones so theres a variety of sound to cater for everyone......ie D'n'B, trance, house, hip hop, ambient style blah blah, get the pic, its all good though...it's a pretty good scene in NZ, even better in Christchurch........definitly cruise this way sometime in the future, you'll love it! :P