Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Ohh you know I was thinking, a chat room would be super cool in here. Well for those of us who live online and on HOP it would be a great asset.

Any how just an idea Mr. Malcolm

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
There is already a chat room set up and I am currently sat in it

Details :

Server : eu.undernet.org
Room : #poi

To use it you will need a chat client, I suggest going to www.xchat.org and downloading the appropriate xchat for your operating system.

The look through the server list and select undernet (connect to eu.undernet.org). This can be done by either clicking on the correct server or by chosing 'new server' from the 'xchat' menu and then typing '/server eu.undernet.org'

When you are connected to the server type '/join #poi' and hey presto you should be in the room.

I used to use this for quite a while and was chatting to some NZ and Brits but I havent been on too much lately, you will find Woody on there too (most of the time)

enjoy, Mark P

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Well I know the world doesnt revolve around me but, I was thinking more on the lines of something you dont have to download. Like a Yahoo style chat room. Some of us use work computers, and we cant always download programs.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Ray, great idea! has it been considered here before, and how easy is it for Malcolm to find & implement?

Mark P, thanx for your method for the existing room, here i'm with Ray for a no-brain user-friendly off-the-site-page, indeed, on-a-site-page chat as other communities have, would hugely liven up so much. . .introductions, social chat, events coordinating among members. . .

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
I dont think it would take too much to make a web intreface.

Watch this space and I will have a word with the people that are in the know (wont be till monday as I have a weekend full of work/partying to come

Mark P

Feemember
80 posts

Posted:
I have a free web based chat room on my website.. but i cant remember where i found it.. and im too lazy to open up my site to look lmao.... https://www.geocities.com/lil_miss_lacey
its on the bottom of the contact page.... very very easy to set up

Why do you like to confuse me so?

vaperloc...the mightylook @my member
466 posts

Posted:
my other message board uses this same format and the guy that runs it says it is easy cheezy to put a link to an aol chatroom on the site.

There are no obstacles only challenges.
Very funny scotty now beam down my pants.
[colour."green"}What would willie do?

AHH theres too many wee leprechauns i cannae squash them all