Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

1,643 posts

Posted:
i think if you want to actually be part of the carnival procession you have to be part of a group but that doesn't mean you can't also go and dress up and go crazy... the Cardiff one's this weekend down the bay

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
i have just found out about a fire arts festival in august next year and they are looking for performers its in cornwall.how is every one?i should be having cathedral wicks soon oh yes lol,my fire poi are reuined.any one up for a beach party the 7th of aug?

to many freaks to little circuses!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
sorry adz cant do the 7th but its aber on the 12th so you still coming to that?

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
oh yes i am coming to that i will have my new cathedrals by then to,we all gota get totally wasted coz its my birthday on the 10th and i want a celebration to remember lol.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
so ryans i will make him go out on the friday but i must warn u all we will be i no fit state to spin fire so its gunna be fun lol. i just ordered my new diablo and 3 sets of hand sticks coz i got 2 more diablos at home but i always seem to snap my sticks

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
hey guys sorry i aint been around for a while ,,ive actually been booked up for the last few days lol... anyhow,, the 12th is gonna be good,,im thinkin ov not doing the workshops in the square on the saturday,,but just do the meet,, cuz ive got a gig the day after the 12th,,and if i gotta do workshops allday on the sat then spin with you guys all night aswell im gonna be wrecked for the 13th gig lol..so if we just meet up spin and laugh all night i will be ok for the 13th,, *big breath in*,,soooo how is everyone for the 12th?.. ok i hope biggrin

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i hope so it all depends on ryands bday i will sort somthing out tonigh hes coming over to start filming our promo for our circus workshops, hows things then i hve been playing with my new diabolo today i got it about 60 foot in the air came down and smashed me in the teeth that was this morning and there still [censored] rining. almost finished the site i will do the last little bits with ryan tonight then we will get it online still more to do but its net ready now, hows TPW?

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
how would i go about starting a small workshop in my area?i need to know lol.ill be there the 12th as i have said many a time.my friend who came to cardiff might come he said he was ordering a staff but i dont know yet.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
adz read a book called circus in a suitcase by reg bolton it will tell you everything you need to know coz me and ryan are doing the same but for circus skills not just poi and calling it little devils circus we are getting it all together now we have been sorting load of it out today. if you wanna share ideas then just drop me a line, my and ryan have been doing a load of filming for our site today which should be up and running in a few days so look out for a link.

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
thanks you,so you and ryan are setting up a workshop in cardiff?you will have to tell me all about it on the 12th if you dont mind.i was thinking of asking in the leisure centre by me if i could teach the basics in there.i havent seen a post on here by sagetree for a while.would some one please put my name on the list for the england wales border meet.thanks!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
yeah will do and yeah if we bring all our [censored] on the 12th mabey you could give us some ideas too.

yeah i was thinking that sage has gone???

*please read everyone*
for people who are going on the 12th my girlfriend doesnt know i smoke so please dont say anything or ofer my a fag for 2 reasons first i like my balls in 1 piece and second coz it will make me want one even more

lol

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pitman

yeah i was thinking that sage has gone???

gone where? like i would just leave before aberavon part 2 , WEBM, and falmouth 6. no way

you should smoke while your fire breathing nana

i'm trying to quit so we can not smoke together.

can't wait for the 12th

this time we will have more people and more time to plan = more fun. and we know how much fun the last aberavon meet was so this will be insane

bounce bounce bounce

gizmo - can you isolate infinite hyperloops?

non - what size were the flags you had at cardiff?

at perdy they have small and large

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Fabérge on HoP makes fabulous flags. Give her a PM. They are so beautiful.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
skully you have been a bit of a stranger on these here boards hows thing?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I've been about, just not in this thread I guess. I'm ok. Busy trying to get healthy and sort out a boat to live on.

Have you been in contact with Circus Eruption yet?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
no not yet have yu got an email or number for them? u still want to live on a boat? thats mad i feel so sick on a boat for an hour let alone live on one. any ways u coming on the 12th?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Jeez how lazy are you?!?! Haven't you heard of google? wink

Here you go Oh lazy one https://www.interplay.org.uk/Eruption.htm

I'm sure they can give you lots of advice about starting up a circus club.

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
hey sage,, well ive gone thro the route of trying to iso infinate hyperloops,,but it just makes a very untidy inf hype (falls apart,,looks messy etc lol.. so i`d say no,, but your welcome to prove me wrong wink lol

glowingsunsetsnewbie
14 posts

Posted:
anyone up for a north wales meet?? ive seen your videos gizmo2009, thats what im learning from at the mo, its brilliant cuz i havnt got any local poi spinners to learn from yet (but workin on it) thanks

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
wow fair few posts on here since i looked this morning,watt vids you got gizmo?i wouldnt mind a look.are circus eruption any good?i have thier phone number but havent contacted them yet,is it worth it?

1,643 posts

Posted:
circus eruption is always advertised in the back of the big issue, they want volunteers to teach and stuff on mondays... I think i saw something about them on tv or in a magazine or something and it did look quite good...

sage, i can't remember what size the flasg were i think it the small ones though. do what i did and get a tape measure and try and work out whether they'd drag on the floor or not...

north wales meet, possibly depends really when and how... have sort of run out of free time this summer... but that's just me.

Aberavon, yes, but please order some nicer weather. Are you getting train from Cardiff pitman? would like to get the same one as i haven't the faintest idea where i'm going smile

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
https://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.showvids&friendID=18718209&n=2

i got four up there,,;).. let go being the newest..:)

glowing, nice to know my vids are helping people biggrin..keep going dude smile

1,643 posts

Posted:
oh and adz, you're already on the list for wales/england, polarity did it methinks. reminds me, if i lose that thread i'll forget i'm supposed to be organising it *rushes off to bookmark*

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
cheers gizmo.thanks non for letting me know bout webm and the circus eruption thing.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
non of course i will hold your hand and so will ryan we will have a non sandwhich (non-sexual) get it lol any ways im up for a north wales treck if theres a few of you ut 15-20 of us going up for one person is a bit un practical but if you coume down here for a meet mabey people will be more inclined to visit you.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Circus eruption is aimed at teaching able bodied and disabled children circus skills. It is always looking for volunteers as far as I know. They have been going for some years and are a very friendly bunch that will probably be more than willing to give you some advice and a few warnings of pit falls for you when starting up your own circus skills workshops.

A North Wales meet is not out of the question. Anglesy is a beautiful area, if a little hard to get to on public transport. I have family up near Bangor so come up that way sometimes. I'll try and remeber to PM you next time I'm going up glowingsunsets and maybe we could meet up for a spin.

glowingsunsetsnewbie
14 posts

Posted:
yeah nice one guys i know anglesey is a bit out the way but its always worth a try, when it comes to meetin' people u gotta put yourself out there and thats what i was sort of doin', hopefully some locals will come across the posts at some stage.
skulduggery tha'd be great!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
devil ***amazing news*** devil

we (me and ryan) just got £200 woth of equiptment bought for Little Devils Cricus and that dont include big things so lots and lots of little things which means our workshop can cater for about 37 kids now (but screw that lol) we got a consititution and geting it singed by everyone this week then we go to the bank and it becomes legal then we get our account and we are in business. before any of the has started we have had bookings left, right and centre. we have even been booked for nexts years childrens festival in the castel grounds (this yars one has just gone) but yeah things are looking good.
EDITED_BY: pitman (1154501210)

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
that's awsome, nice work guys. sounds like it's all coming together. i like the name too.

check out these mini monkeyfist handles i made last night. they work great for throws and i like them better than finger loops i think.

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

EDITED_BY: sagetree (1154510052)

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
sage please please please please please please please please make me some i have tried so hard but always end up with a big ball of knots that looks like [censored].

do they work well for throws can you wibble with fire??

Page: ......