Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

tripologistmember
47 posts

Posted:
Sorry I didn't go to zoo now. What kinda music was it anyway?

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I honestly don't know... It was cool, whatever it was!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
errmmmm, all songs i knew, but was majorly confused by the fact that theres was always more than one song on at once umm

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

tripologistmember
47 posts

Posted:
You sure you wasn't just really pissed and you had a headphone in or something?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
no lol. the songs were all mixed

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
It is always more than one song at once at Monster, it's all mash-ups, hip-hop, rock, dance, everything! And you can do poi and staff and everything there, unlike bleedin Rockworld where you get told off unless it's 6am, when everyone is spankered out on the floor and you're the only one with the energy to move so injuring someone else is highly unlikely!!!!!!! frown

Was especially impressed with Dave's slyly sneaking back into the DJ box at closing time-a bit naughty!

And really impressed with the DJ who played Kate Bush-Running Up That Hill... I love that song, it's mint! I was like oooooh gotta dance! And anyone who goes in Rockworld-you know i don't do dancing lmao! I love Monster though, it's mint!

Thank you to everyone yesterday-speshly people who let me play with their fiery toys, even though i used Jen's to set my hair on fire! Oops... redface It's ok though, it was only a bit. I'll live. And thank you people for teaching me tricks! Millhouse, i finally got that thing over my head kinda right! Cheers chuck!

Roll on the next meet! Woooo! And more Monster Monster, i'll try be more organised next time instead of coming from work to poi then having to go to Siy's coz we didn't know we were going out then spending AGES faffing about! ubbidea Organisation is a word Siy doesn't believe in though-he's a Libra hehe (joke Kit & Mattchoo, and any other Librans)

Flash, yes I feel old, but i have been doing this for about 6 years now... At 19, 6 years of clubbing is making me feel old lol! biggrin
EDITED_BY: *GingerAmy* (1113168512)

~*~Awesome, oh wow! Like, †o†ally freak me ou†! I mean, righ† on! Amy sure is number one! ~*~

tripologistmember
47 posts

Posted:
Byyyyy eck amy, i know how you feel. Jillys is enough to tire anyone out, and in my day we didn't have any of this hip and hop, emo, and spice girls youngsters have today, we had to make do with happy hardcore, ebm, metal and suchlike. biggrin

lol do you honestly think you're going to stop clubbin any time soon though? With age usually comes better jobs and more money, more money just means you can go out more nights of the week smile

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
amen to that tongue

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

tripologistmember
47 posts

Posted:
So when's the next meet then biggrin

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
It's not just Jilly's lol, that hasn't made me feel old, that made me feel bored.
And i've had hip-hop since i was this big! >-<
And we had grunge, instead of emo, emo is just the next phase after grunge and nu-metal.

I'm not actually gonna stop clubbing! Don't be daft! You're right about the job thing, but i'm a student... So with the student loan and the overdraft comes my first year, and everyone KNOWS you don't have to work to pass your first year, lol. So it's a year of fun fun fun, getting kerschplatted and clubbing and practising purdy poi lol. I'll be living in Fallowfield in September too, wooo! Closer to town, and gonna be having LOADS of parties with my housemates Helen, Katie and possibly Robyn and Dani! Gonna be well good, and you're all invited hehe.

~*~Awesome, oh wow! Like, †o†ally freak me ou†! I mean, righ† on! Amy sure is number one! ~*~

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic

Please less of the rockworld chat I dont want to hear of that friday night Creshé. Start a rock world thread or something!

The Tripologist has it right next meet when would we like folks?

Rob your away in a week or so, so I reakon we put the meet around a time you can make it

Loki are you working weekends always now when can you make it?

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
sorry mill

but amy whats with:

"And anyone who goes in Rockworld-you know i don't do dancing".
what a load of crap there's a full dance floor in every room!!!
so your asking the wrong people!!!!

and mill i'll be startin my new youth work job soon so i'll have the weekends off to play..i have'nt done fire for such a long time not since the rave you saw me at!!!!
I havent stoped staff just kinda give up fire for abit untill i get better at contact staff....
Is e every-one ok?..have spoke to u all latly
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Thats top Mike so All we need is a date from Rob and two fingers crossed that Pink Cantus Wild Child and trippy can make it!

Kyles becoming our resident contact expert Mike so get Twirling and contacting with him!.

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
Written by: loki.c1687

but amy whats with:

"And anyone who goes in Rockworld-you know i don't do dancing".

what a load of crap there's a full dance floor in every room!!!

so your asking the wrong people!!!!

Sorry, was aimed at Sniper, Tripologist, Midian, etc! Hehe. I rarely dance for the simple fact that 90% of the time i tend to fall over! Flash can vouch for that lol, i fell flyin into the fire doors on Saturday night after the meet! Ouch! redface

I'm definately gonna get my mate Kev to come to the next meet, he used to do stuff like unicycle, diablo and juggling etc, so i reckon he'd well like it! Don't know if he's ever done it before though. Not seen him in ages, last time i saw him he was with a big group of drummers, playing african drums outside Marks & Spencers biggrin

tripologistmember
47 posts

Posted:
As you do.

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
Well yeah, i suppose so. It's only like playing with fire on the gasworks but noisier and colder i suppose. Well saying that, depends who's there depending on how noisy it could get!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I wanted to go! frown can you guys organise a super special one for me, does anyonew anna pop over to hull this friday for a spin?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
i go back on the 25th of this month so two weeks from today and im free any time between now and then also wheres zoo i like the sound of playing with toys in a club

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Amy: you nearly went through the doors!
Mill: Two Thumbs Fresh for the mad flag spinning!
Rob: zoo rocks, if you still have your glow nunchucks would rock indeed!

northenblokenewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Hey peeps. Cheers for the ace day/night twas good stuff!!!! I reckon I just about recovered from zoo now! As for mr drunk devilstick it took me 2hours to track him down the next day for band jammin stuff, plus when I did he was white and pukey! Ahwell. Was worth it. We shall be coming to the next meet without a doubt! Cheers guys n gals!

Peace

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: house_of_mill

Kyles becoming our resident contact expert Mike so get Twirling and contacting with him!.

it's not fun to have no one to contact with frown

so when is the next meet?

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
as soon as you guys decide i will put it in the first post

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
well we need a meet when mike can come, any ideas?

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
i wanta go to zoo and i've not got them at the mo there in brum plus im out of glow sticks but im working on building some proper rechargable strobeing nunchucks should be good if i can get them working

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Mike set a date!

Set a date!

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
do it! do it now!!!!!

mike next fri what time you in manc before faithless? could have a mini-meet before we go

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Now now now now now now now!!!!!!!!!

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
Liking the signature Flash! Lmao!

Faithless, Faithless, Faithless, woo!

What time can people do people finish work and stuff on Fridays? I think i'm gonna actually have to book the next meet off work coz i think i'm gonna end up working at night again! It sucks loads and loads! frown

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Fridays? We go home from work and vegitate on fridays, we as in me and Martin that is!

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
ERM......
Hows the 24th for every-one?i can deff come then its a sunday i must warm u tho i have'nt got any of my fire staff coz i just sold em and ill be buying a new one soon i hope anyhoo i dont really do fire any more so just my pracise staff and the glow poi but ill be there.....so have i been missed then??
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Page: ......