Forums > Social Chat > Twirling with torches?

Login/Join to Participate

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Has anyone ever tried this? If so, was it any good?

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
MonekyKat has a staff with torches on each end .,.. that what u mean? Looks really good when twirled

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
I meant torches as in thigies that you turn on a switch and they light up. So if you mean that, then yes, thats what i meant :P

tkerbymember
30 posts

Posted:
It can look good with laser pointers! It's not safe to do with anyone around but to do yourself in a room and watch the pattern is great. If they point out from the end of the chain then you can't blind yourself!Torhes with a fine beam would be pretty cool too I reckon. I always like to see something of what I'm doing, my favourite is practicing with fire in front of a glass window and watching the reflection grin

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
What I think you mean, Endangered, is the firey version of club swinging. I started fire spinning with torches and it really helped me be really strong in technique before I approached poi. I still very much dig them for the level of control you have and the skills you can do that you can't do with poi. There've been a few good threads on the topic you might want to look up. Try looking up "torches" or "clubs" by following the search link under the "Home of Poi Bulletin Board" sub head. Post back if you've got more questions. Diana

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Ah, the barrier of the common language. Diana, I think ES was referring to what we Americans call "flashlights" when he said "torches." ES, when we Americans hear "torch" we think of the flamey sticks that the villagers are carrying as they go to storm Dr Frankenstein's castle. This begs the question, ES--what do you call those flamey sticks, anyhow?I've never tried twirling flashlights or torches. I've seen torch twirling, which is basically the same as club twirling (as Diana said), and has basically the same moves as poi.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Yeah he has torches on the end just taped on :PHurt pretty bad if u hit yourself though

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Monkeykat has two of these flashlight/torch staves. He does double stave moves with them. They look amazing. Very trippy. smile

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Yeah I was referring to 'flashlights'As for what I call those flamey sticks, well, I call them flamey sticks !!! grin