Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

I miss the Manc meets frown

then go down to London, rally up the spinners and drag them up here tongue

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
or how about you guys just come down here? biggrin

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
either/or...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
were people discussing the possibility of a different place for the meets on sunday? I seem to recall millhouse saying something about platt park

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
platt as in platt fields park? it'd be a nicer place, but it not as near to town as gasworks, which may be a problem for people that live the opposite side of manchester, unless we have the meets on saturday or friday or when people can stay at one of the spinners' who lives nearby ish

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey guys biggrin hope your all good, just a suggestion but would sunday 17th be a possible meet? i would like to goto one before falmouth to be honest, would it be a good date or not? discuss: tongue

oh and pls millhouse, dont let my tent be swept away eek

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
funky man.... I still gotts try n get my skint ass over the hills

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
Hey how'd it go at the Ritz? I couldn't make it due to complete lack of funds.

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Jen your tent is fine I even brought back an extra tent!

Platt fields if Five mins on the bus from Piccadilly so sleep overs wont really be needed except for our out of towners, its a nicer place with a playground and a boating lake and a lot moe room to roll aound on the grass!

A date people please bearing in mind Elaines ting is on the 9th. ubbloco

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Anytime is good for me... I have vehicular access...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
oh yeah! damn my memory lol flashpoint......*blinks eyelashes* ubbangel

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Osirisnewbie
20 posts

Posted:
you guys usually do this at weekends or in the week? sounds like fun

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
Anyone wishing to surport your locial fire team should be coming to the ritz on mondays!!!me sam mill and jenny are spinning their every monday....come on you know you wana...
18+ tho sorry k!!!
by the way kyle have you got some poi of mine????i kinda do need them back soon as mate so give us a ring next time you are in town!!!
love you all
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ahem, isnt it gonna be every second monday??? and mike, im offended at you calling me the wrong name! eek

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
hey folks I'm finally at long last on my own net connection moved house today moved in with spinners its top but yes Mondays let the madness begin!

So anyway manchester meet this weekend?? or next as its Elaines thing and I wont be in manc then so set your dates? are we having this sat?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
bounce hehehehe

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:

Well I should be about town this weekend having a spin so if anyone want to hook up with lilltw ole me let me know!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
well wasn't someone planning a meet on the 17th?

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
So are we set to the 17th folks?

Tobi!! do your bit if the folks say its time

JustwalkMember
68 posts

Posted:
Hello people, found this forum from a poster in Afflecks Palace, and realised there are fire people in Manchester!

Anyway, this is a really complicated thread... so just to summerise, when and where are you going to meet next?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
hi Justwalk
I think the next one is on the 17th probably at Platt fields park just down oxford rd
there is a party at Elaine's house for some of the regulars. but I cant go to that (gurrr dam my social life)

I am willing to teach you poi and staff (am better at poi than staff) apparently I'm not a bad teacher

Will let you know more as we get a bit more organised yeh sorry this thread is a bit disorganised I just cant seem to keep this rowdy bunch in check

I will do something about the first post soon to make it a bit more inviting to newcomers we are trying Platt fields park for the first time as we seem to be getting some undesirables at the gas works

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Written by: house_of_mill

So are we set to the 17th folks?

Tobi!! do your bit if the folks say its time

what in gods name do you mean im confused confused confused

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
oh i will try and pull lots of peeps together for the 17th to maket a good one and i will find somwher to stay so i can stay till it gets dark

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Change the title now thereis a date sorted.

I'm sure you could crash on my sofa Tobi, living in a new house now with the guy who got me spinning and a unicyclist so I'm sure it'd be no problem.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
bounce 17th it is then biggrin was gonna ask why platt park but ive gathered why now.
mesa still got spare sofa and bedroom in my new house too for any who need a place ubbangel

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Platt fields is smackhead free unlike the gasworks

So confirmed for the 17th are we can everyone make it?

If your up for fun the night before its POI Idol at Monster Monster

Osirisnewbie
20 posts

Posted:
i'll be at glade then, doh.

will make sure you bounce down for the next one though smile

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
poi idol.......confused

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Halloooooo wavehello hug hug

17th is good for me - might even break the habit of being a party pooper and come to Monster Monster if i can crash somewhere? rolleyes

Guys, sorry but my party is off - can't get my shiznit together to get it sorted and still feeling decidedly wobbly from the virus thingy (not helped by Glasto admittedly!). May be later in the year, when it's still nice but gets dark sooner..... biggrin

Have you setteld in Mill & Jenna? both on the move!

e
x

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
pleas can people pm me stuff to put in the intro thred to make it all inviting to new peeps and stuff i got to stoned to cary on so gave up half way through AGHHHHHHHHHHHH my typing has gone to pot

pot te the he he he he he

Page: ......