Forums > Social Chat > flash fire - vindictive blood-sucker?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I just received a PM by a new member telling me that I am vindictive, mocking and should hone my raw talent into being a lawyer or some other bloodsucking thing.

I realise that I haven't been as nice on the boards for the last 6 months, and I must admit that I sometimes struggle with the multitude of personalities on Home of Poi and may come across as unnecessarily harsh.

So, I put it to all of you who put up with me on a frequent basis - have I turned into the mean moderator? Do I present myself in a way which indicates that it is time I handed in my resignation?

Please note that this in no way reflects the thoughts/feelings of site admin or any other mods.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
hug2 Flash this person doesn't speak for HOP.

ubbrollsmile

Smiles, love and happy dust smile

Lisa
xx

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a hug hug

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
I dont talk get a chance to talk to you much flash but I love you all the same. smile

Wouldnt be the same without you.

hug

Love is the law.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
being a moderator of any community will always mean you're the focus of a bit of rage here and there, but until 50% of the people are PM'ing you telling you you're a vindictive blood-sucker, i seriously wouldn't worry, especially if the accusee is a new member

I do think the mods are meanies in general thou, for not letting me start threads with voting in tongue

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Thanks BamBam, adop & flid and Glass smile The PM did not upset me, it has (along with a series of things from the last year or so) caused me to question my M.O.

I'd just like to add that I haven't started this thread as some weak attempt at ego fluffing. I am genuinely concerned that I am not interacting with our community in a positive and constructive way.

I am here, in part, to serve Home of Poi. I want to do that in a way which is best for everyone.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
BamBam is right, I doubt this is the view of anyone else here.

Keep up the good work hug clap kiss

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
You're also here as a friend to all who needs you honey..... that's a part of the job that not everone gets to see.

Stay Beautiful Princess Flash ubbangel

Lisa
xx

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Honestly, you do sometimes come across as harsh. But then you are doing your job. hug hug hug I personally wouldn't want it.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
flash, you have helped me, talked to me, and been a mod and a friend when i have needed them

i missed you in oz, for which i am sorry, but never think that you are not wnated here

this new member, is a new member, if they are having a go at you, they dont undretsand why this community is here,and what your role is...

you are lovelry, as are all the mods, you have been chosen, by mal and the rest of teh mods, not ona whim, but becuase you can be taht hard as sto make dessicions and sove problems, but inside you there is a loving soul, and a wonderful person.

trust in that......... hug

Step (el-nombrie)

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
I love and respect you, you already know my feelings towards you both as a person and as a moderator.
You do a fantastic job here, keep it up and ignore the minor imature members of the board.

Seven - The CatDIAMOND Member
Pooh-Bah
2,055 posts

Posted:
I love you too. I think you would make a good cat.

Resistance is futile
I have retractable claws

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
for what it is worth, I love you FF, and I know you were being lighthearted, but I did read a post in a thread yesterday that you you closed that might have seemed a little inimidating to a newbie. I know you didn't mean anything by it, but I might have had my feelings hurt too if I was inexperienced and didn't know any better. Not everyone has experience with other forums the first time they come to HoP you know.

But even moderators are (supposedly) human, and personally I like FF's style. (ie. - I voted positively for her in the pole wink )

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
you know what i think of your moderating skills miss flash hug2

i do not perceive a 'mean moderator' on this board.

although that opinion may change since i heard that josh has a vendetta against otters... umm

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
hug

I don't think you are mean at all! Maybe a little harsh, but sometimes you need to be harsh to be nice... Or however that saying goes.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Harsh but fair Pink, harsh but fair biggrin

Flash - you do a fine job - keep it up biggrin

hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I'm with the masses. I think you do a great job, FF. Do you send the people PM's with an explanation of why you close a given thread? Maybe you could look at the explanation given to see if you could reword them to make them seem less negative?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OK Flash, time to be totally honest.

1) You are moderating a site with a small but sizable population of totally irresponsible, egocentric, immature, ignorant misfits who have rejected most sense of logic and normalsy in their society and therefore find home here. [Some are, in fact, so egocentric that they will immidiately think I am talking about them. You can watch and see who overreacts to my previous statements both publicly and privately as a bit of a 'test' to see who I'm talking about.]

2) You are logical, honest, straight forward, and intelligent.

Do you see how #1 and #2 are naturally going to conflict?

OF COURSE some of the members are going to attack you because some members are rebelling against EVERYTHING in their life. And they're going to pick on you because you are the most noticably active moderator. You're not passive/aggressive, you're honest.

You are not a vindictive blood sucker. You are one of the very few voices of reason and logic in a sea of immature chaos. You are doing a fantastic job and I appreciate you.

And now, for your added pleasure, you can sit back and giggle as everyone twists my words, takes my sentiments out of context and calls me names. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
immature chaos.... interesting.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
Well, you've never pissed me off.
So i dont think you're a vindictive blood sucking lawyer.

really honestly smile

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
I think you do what you are supose to do, and do it well

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

grasshoppahBRONZE Member
HoP is teh suxor.
425 posts

Posted:
blah blah blah

Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
you do a great job whatever anyone says biggrin

hug hug

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
The job of moderator can't be an easy one, I really have no idea how much work goes on behind the scenes by the admin team, but no matter what you do, you're never going to please everyone all the time, and why should anyone expect you to!?

From what I personally have seen, you do a hard job, and you do it well (as do the other mods :kissingasssmiley: ) and everything I have seen, only has the interests of HoP and the community spirit that has been built here!

keep up the good work, we need you (because I wouldn't want to do it wink )

hug

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Well based on the fact that I was able to vote more than once..... suggests opinion polls count for nothing! Besides Seven voting shows how much this really makes a difference. Its not the users you have to impress, rather its Malcolm. He's the autocrat here! And anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves!!!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
The point of my previous post is that I for one think Flash is doing the job given to her. If anyone wants to bitch they should direct it towards Malcolm, not her!

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Im totally with Nyc miss flashfire at the moment we do have a lot of immature hoppers that don't know how to behave .

Your just doing your job (if people think your mean they should work for my forman).

But i think your a wonderful woman (after all who did help me on one of my trips down to sydney ?) annyway a non dropbear hug for you. hug

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Well, is anyone going to stop the immature HoPers from buying from the store? Everyone is entitled to their opinion! Especially those of us who pay Malcolm's rent and for HoP!
Cheers!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
well, apart from when threads about non-psytrance music pop up, id say you always acting very professionally.
hug

you know, we really should catch up sometime...

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Flashie, I have never had a problem with the way you Mod. You are honest and straightforward and totally down the line, which are qualities I look for in my friends. Its an added bonus to have those qualities in a Mod as well.
I hold you close to my heart hunny and I think your doing a wonderful job.

I wish farts upon those who say any different.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Do all lawyers suck blood? eek

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

Page: