*so chances his arm another bit*

from caged steves?

kiss

Love is the law.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
hmmm, meybe. I'll have to learn some of it first thou!

chronos: didn't see you post first time around: https://mcp.tepookatoys.com/media/movies/tutorials/pivot-tutorial.wmv

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Dont make me come over there to learn it in person smile

Coz i will!!

Love is the law.

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
Yep, that's the vid I saw, and the move is an old favourite. However you mentioned a one-handed pivot. Here's my post again, apologies for the laziness.

Written by: Chronofracture

Written by: mcp

ah! I made a video of the pivot, in the base contact movements thread... go watch! Otherwise I will be forced to explain!

Couldn't find a new video in that thread, so I'm assuming your refering to the old video THE PIVOT?

If so is a one handed pivot...

1) Up one arm then back down the same arm (after a turn).

2) Closer to the move in the video, up one arm, across the shoulders, then transfered straight to the starting hand instead of travelling down the opposing arm.

confused

Is it something else entirely? Or have I misunderstood?

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
the travelling arm bit confused me, cos I would have thought elbow wraps. You just miss out the elbow wrap after the halo roll and instead transfer it from the shoulder to the back of your hand, then to elbow wrap to halo etc...

It's on the video anyway. Not that I have any way to get the video off my camera till next week.

But super wide angle lens = SUPAR!

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Ok so i was playing earlier with this whole one handed pivot thing........ meg please correct me if im wrong........and bear with me wink

Starting with staff in you right hand, do a reverse reyout/layout thingy - once the staff hit the back of the wrist (still on right arm)

Ive turned my left shoulder to meet my wrist - effectivly pushing the staff into a halo - from there the staff heads back towards your right arm...........to do whatever you want with, either making the move symetrical - if your one of those nerdy types wink (thats two fussy staffers ive come across this week into the whole symetrical thing - right Ado! ubblol) or if you like variance - a conveyor or whatever else you might fancy biggrin

Either way - tiz sweet stuff, i just need to practice it alot more, tiz nice to find something to work on!

Thanks muchly to you you both!

biggrin

As for explaining it all Mags - ill see you at falmouth ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Strugz, don't be stupid, that's the hard way to do it! Go look at ben-ja-men's video of dave knox again. He does it on there.

The reverse layout is well fun, and it's got good about-to-hit-my-face-tastic action in it too.

I like the new version you came up with thou, I don't know if I'll like doing it, I like just that it's new. wink

reverse layout - layout = fun. angel rolls into luceros fine on the front, hard on the back.

Minimal beat steve = a bit hard.

horizontal jesus = So easy I must have been doing it wrong.

Still can't duck my head under a matrix. Bognuts.

Quartering up the steve: easy if you turn... need more practise. Found a different weird steve thing too while practising.

Layout weave: good call strugz! Lots of possibilities with turning and fountains and stuff.

Prayer fishtails = easy.

That doubles thing where you have two in a neck pinch and bob them across your back / throat = hard.

Shoulder fishtails = stupid. wink

tongue

biggrin

ubbloco

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
hard way ? ubblol

to be fair the stick i was using whilst doing this came about 2 inches away from flying through my frontroom window biggrin

Where can i get bens vid from?

Is there really an easier version...... cool.

Meg - WTF is a luceros - is it french for layout or something ubblol

Shoulder fistails i cant do fully - but can get halfs of them either side of a vertical snes smile

Ducking a matrix - my stick vid im sure i pulled that off? if its the same thing........ dunno smile

Either way - this thread has turned around eh!

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I call half of a shoulder fishtail a shoulder carry. It's quite related to a lucero.

where can you get ben's vid from....???? confused maybe your own site DUMBASS! knox2.avi or whatever... wink

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
oh yeh ubblol

i thought you were on about a new video.........

then i remembered your on about Ben and hes slack........ no good point well made - i am a dumbass. ubblol

Stop giving easy moves - difficult names!!

or is that your idea of Karma?

wink ubblol

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I don't! I give them appropriate names! tongue

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
for a girl - ubbloco

ubblol

what about all us under educated people eh! wink

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
all you get is slaps:

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
biggrin

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Huzzah! after 3 weeks of not being able to spin cos of a chest injury (i was being a dunken idiot and fell off a stage and landed on the corner of a speaker) im back to spinning.

That matrix where you duck your head to get it onto your back you can put a turning halo in the middle which gives you a bit more time to prepare yourself for the second arm. Its still really hard though.

Damn you guys move fast i leave this thread alone for couple of weeks and its like you've found a book with all the contact moves i never thought of, learnt them and then made some new ones up. Nice one, looks like id better practice more.

"Don't do it naked!"

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Also meg are lucero's supposed to be done with your hands linked above your head? they are much easier that way

"Don't do it naked!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
You only do them that way is you wish to follow the way of the pose... ;D or just to be more like the balletic ado-p... biggrin

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Anyone wanna tell me where I can find a vid of the lucero?

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

329 posts

Posted:
I think there are some on the "Osaka 2004" video that MCP made. In the uber contact section a blond female twirler performs some whilst kneeling and takes them into throat wraps. I'm still not entirely sure that this is the move that goes with that name though.... I could be wrong, still it's always worth another watch.

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
I've managed to figure out the anti- turn matrix, though everytime i get to the right arm it goes into a anti-turn neck spin. Maybe if the weather stays like this I may have it by falmotuh biggrin.

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Got some nice neck rolls going on now, as well as the Forward fishtail weave.

Yummy!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Forward fishtail weave?

"Don't do it naked!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
passing it between the hands while doing a figure of eight? Isn't that what all noob's think weaving with one staff is? le sigh.

forward fishtail weave with two staffs would rock so hard that the world would explode.

329 posts

Posted:
Just realized who your icon represents MCP, does this mean you have a detachable penis? devil

I've been practicing, and the matrix variant I came up with has led onto what I think is an anti-spin matrix. It feels weird as it never makes it above your shoulders, it's just sliding round the torso.

Oh and I should be making it to PLAY this year. So I'll hopefully get to meet people, and steal all your moves. biggrin

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
didn't you do that already?

Detachable... Yes, it's called a 'firestaff' ubblol

I like koko cos he gets up to mischief...

329 posts

Posted:

didn't you do that already?

Not sure if you mean stealing moves (which is true), or the anti-spin matrix.

If you mean the latter then no, this one involves no upper arm propellors. And I'm fairly sure there's an equivalent anti-spin matrix variant in the same style as the matrix variant....

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
even more reason to get my ass to play biggrin

to have my mind f*^£%£ed by your lots crazy spinning biggrin
can i be first to sign up for nagging you to teach me time every one??

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yeah, I meant the stealing moves part... devil

anti-turn (slap for simian) horizontal jesus you mean? That'll be worth a shot. hmmmm.

I haven't tried anti-turn matrixes very much because I know for a fact I'm concentrating too mmuch on the move, and not enough on everything else, so my turns are all wonky and crap. bad footwork...

blatently you can do a reverse layout 'weave' also. elbow pop to layout etc etc...

which doesn't really lead me to the conclusion that horizontal layouts might or might not be possible / something I can already do. hmmm.

trying to do a reverse layout to layout with just an elbow to elbow transfer in the middle is quite fun. (look ma, no hands!)

I wish my baton twirler hadn't bloody well gone and broke her foot. How irresponsible.

I hope the angel roll with the throat wrap in will lead to a proper front angel roll someday, but I think tomorrow it will lead to trying a angel roll with a neck wrap in it instead of a halo. that'll be worth a laugh.

329 posts

Posted:
Hmm, no. This involves no turning but lots of bending. I know the anti-turn matrix, what I'm doing involves the staff travelling across the chest, under left arm, across back and then under the right arm. But instead of spinning clockwise it's spinning anti-clockwise. It's an anti-spin matrix. Or we could call it something else.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:

passing it between the hands while doing a figure of eight? Isn't that what all noob's think weaving with one staff is? le sigh.

Well, now I know what I've got planned for tonight... crying myself to sleep. Huzzah!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Page: ......